Ex-PS Fanboy
post Feb 22 2009, 04:41 AM
Post #21

Get off my Planet

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

I hope the net is available in game, so that way I don't have to print off 7 page hidden package maps.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Feb 22 2009, 05:21 AM
Post #22

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

QUOTE(Full Metal Monkey @ Feb 21 2009, 08:33 PM) [snapback]1486096[/snapback]
Try getting a group of friends together and playing online as a team without voice chat. Its neigh on impossible. To be honest, im suprise the PS3 hasn't got voice chat as a default feature. Now days its a must for play online.

I think you're misunderstanding. The PS3 does have voice chat. You can talk to each other during games. The thing we're missing is one guy in Fallout chatting with another guy in Call of Duty. Otherwise, if we're in the same game, we can voice chat each other.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Full Metal Monke...
post Feb 22 2009, 07:00 AM
Post #23

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,213

QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Feb 22 2009, 05:21 AM) [snapback]1486149[/snapback]
QUOTE(Full Metal Monkey @ Feb 21 2009, 08:33 PM) [snapback]1486096[/snapback]
Try getting a group of friends together and playing online as a team without voice chat. Its neigh on impossible. To be honest, im suprise the PS3 hasn't got voice chat as a default feature. Now days its a must for play online.

I think you're misunderstanding. The PS3 does have voice chat. You can talk to each other during games. The thing we're missing is one guy in Fallout chatting with another guy in Call of Duty. Otherwise, if we're in the same game, we can voice chat each other.

Ah ok.

Yeah i misunderstood. I was thinking i swear you guys had the ability to talk ingame otherwise why would Sony sell a headset? Talking to other people who are in different games is a great feature for you guys. I use it all the time to chat to friends (saved me alot on my phone bill).

--------------------
Stunt Double for Nick Frost
Achievements

+Quote Post
FuddMan
post Feb 22 2009, 10:40 AM
Post #24

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,351

QUOTE(Full Metal Monkey @ Feb 22 2009, 07:00 AM) [snapback]1486180[/snapback]
I use it all the time to chat to friends (saved me alot on my phone bill).

And the new party feature (8-way chat) is absolutely brilliant.

--------------------
QUOTE (Psy)
Well, I must be honest, I do occasionally have the odd night off where I stick my fingers in as many pussy's as I can
php stands for psy humping pussy

zomg it's DuffMan's clone.
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Feb 22 2009, 01:23 PM
Post #25

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

Take your Xbox advert elsewhere Duffman, you're meant to be an Admin.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
FuddMan
post Feb 22 2009, 02:50 PM
Post #26

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,351

QUOTE(The Asthenia @ Feb 22 2009, 01:23 PM) [snapback]1486207[/snapback]
Take your Xbox advert elsewhere Duffman, you're meant to be an Admin.

But still a member of a laidback forum at the same time. If I can't say these things after all the crap from PS3 owners whining about Microsoft pre-LaD release, no one can.

--------------------
QUOTE (Psy)
Well, I must be honest, I do occasionally have the odd night off where I stick my fingers in as many pussy's as I can
php stands for psy humping pussy

zomg it's DuffMan's clone.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Roman
post Feb 22 2009, 04:46 PM
Post #27

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 7,026

Voice chat? Is that supposed to be revolutionary? $499 and you get what you pay for... my ass.
Achievements

+Quote Post
1UP
post Feb 22 2009, 04:53 PM
Post #28

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 738

QUOTE(Pieface @ Feb 21 2009, 07:20 PM) [snapback]1485968[/snapback]
QUOTE(1UP @ Feb 21 2009, 10:02 PM) [snapback]1485942[/snapback]
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Feb 21 2009, 07:53 AM) [snapback]1485869[/snapback]
Seeing as you PS3ers like to whine about how Microsoft is a money-grabbing monopolist...

LOL

You've never had voice chat or voice messages? Fuck. We've only had it for more than 3 years.

Any company would do that, just Microsoft has an easier time doing it because of their assloads of moneyz, especially troublesome in a failing economy which will make it even easier to force near monopoly. ohmy.gif That's right I'll act like I know what I'm talking about.

Voice chat isn't something I'd use, so I myself wouldn't care if it was added or not. Unlike most people I go and play video games with friends at their houses allot instead of online, allot more priceless moments when your there with your friends. o_O

Then again the convenience of such features is always a good thing.

If I'm correct, the computer games industry isn't suffering too badly due to the recession. Might be the rest of Sony though.

Also the Voice Chat feature has been with the Xbox since Xbox Live was released on the original console.

Seems like more of a smoke screen to me. MANY devs have shut down lately. Games may be selling but the industry as a whole IS being effected in my opinion. You and Duff always mention Sony every chance you guys get recently? Duff only pointing out people whining for a PS3 version. I've said countless times how much I want the DLC on PC It's not worth it if its for a console. All redundant whining about whiners. o_O

In all seriousness it drives me crazy sometimes. The way people say MS is evil anytime it has to do with windows... Completely different when its the 360 somehow. Also I am betting Sony is being careful now, because of the success of the PS2, they thought they could make a more expensive system that's capable of more, but as we've seen it was to much and at a bad time, they was not invincible like they probably thought. Just because they are last this gen doesn't mean they are not selling "enough" consoles. They are doing just fine.

--------------------
eVeRytHinG Is As iT ShoULd bE

FaLlS aPArT
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Feb 22 2009, 05:54 PM
Post #29

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

I know more Xbox'ers whining about M$ recently than anyone else.

I love you 1UP, it might take me one or two reads to understand what you're saying sometimes, but you make alotta sense.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Feb 22 2009, 06:11 PM
Post #30

Jailbird
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 23,545

QUOTE(The Asthenia @ Feb 22 2009, 05:54 PM) [snapback]1486231[/snapback]

I love you 1UP, it might take me one or two reads to understand what you're saying sometimes, but you make alotta sense.

I don't mind Microsoft that much. All I use at the moment that is Microsoft is Office and the Xbox, both of which I think is better than anything else. I never go on my PC, Macbook is easier to just go on. Haven't played PC games that much.

--------------------
YES I don't play Xbox 360 anymore.

Add me on steam BITCHES. Pieface876
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Feb 22 2009, 06:30 PM
Post #31

QUOTE(Roman @ Feb 22 2009, 08:46 AM) [snapback]1486213[/snapback]
Voice chat? Is that supposed to be revolutionary? $499 and you get what you pay for... my ass.
You're a wise man, Roman. Keep thinking this way.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 22 2009, 06:57 PM
Post #32

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

why people bash one or the other is beyond me... can't we all just accept that we're playing next gen systems and move on? not one is better than the other... people buy systems because of either history, games, or what their friends have...

both are very capable next gen systems, saying one is better than the other is just your opinion, which doesn't mean much... the truth is, they're pretty even... the only difference is price... and some of us don't mind pony'ing up some extra currency for unique features and other technical specs...

in the end, the price will even itself out when xbox360-2 comes out and the PS3 is still as capable as the new 360...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Feb 23 2009, 02:13 AM
Post #33

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Why the fuck does every topic have to turn into a system debate? Well, at least the conversation for the most part, is intelligent.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Feb 23 2009, 07:47 PM
Post #34

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Because systems have dedicated fans. Some are faggots about it, some have smart views on the other system and why they don't like it, and some just enjoy the systems from both developers.

I love to shit on M$ fans and Sony fans all the times, I can't stand people who are like oh FUCK THAT SYSTEM CAUSE I DON'T LIKE IT I HOPE IT DIES!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
1UP
post Feb 23 2009, 07:57 PM
Post #35

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 738

QUOTE(The Asthenia @ Feb 22 2009, 01:54 PM) [snapback]1486231[/snapback]

I could lie by saying "that's the charm of it", but really I just have intelligent thoughts that I can't explain worth a shit. smile.gif

QUOTE(Asthenia)
FUCK THAT SYSTEM CAUSE I DON'T LIKE IT I HOPE IT DIES!

This is something I nitpick at, if that happens an we only have one console we wont get any good games. Suppose that means if gamers get their wishes it would destroy gaming. sad.gif

Might I ask we all get back to topic at hand, I am sure there is a RnR topic we can argue in somewhere.lol

--------------------
eVeRytHinG Is As iT ShoULd bE

FaLlS aPArT
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Apr 2 2009, 02:44 AM
Post #36

Well, the update is out! Sadly, no voice messaging. What we get is in-game live text chat with up to 16 people, a copy+paste text feature, and some kind of audio leveling feature.
Oh, and this stuff, copied from the PS blog:

Friends list on the XMB (XrossMediaBar)

* Sort your friends via their online status
* Attach larger files to the messages you send to your friends (file size will increase from 1MB to 3MB)

Video delivery service on PlayStation Store

* Video files you’ve purchased from the PlayStation Store can be backed up to an external storage device and then restored to PS3’s internal hard drive for playback – so you can clear up space on your hard drive and then restore the video anytime in the future
* Videos you’ve purchased for PSP (PlayStation Portable) system can now be transferred to PS3 for playback

This post has been edited by TheAnalogKid2112: Apr 2 2009, 02:45 AM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Apr 2 2009, 02:42 PM
Post #37

in-game live text chat?! isn't that the same as sending a normal message?! huh.gif...

damn updates, eating up my hard drive space for a bunch of features i don't care about... there was only one update worth my time and that was the one that gave you the ability to send messages while playing games... the rest have been a waste of my time and space...
* Sort your friends via their online status

doesn't it already do this?! the friends that are online are always listed first in my friends list...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Apr 2 2009, 03:23 PM
Post #38

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

Maybe i'll turn my PS3 on to install this, just for the lols.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Apr 2 2009, 03:28 PM
Post #39

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Apr 2 2009, 10:42 AM) [snapback]1493539[/snapback]
in-game live text chat?! isn't that the same as sending a normal message?! huh.gif...

Have fun sending the same message to 16 people.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Apr 2 2009, 04:25 PM
Post #40

QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Apr 2 2009, 11:28 AM) [snapback]1493543[/snapback]
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Apr 2 2009, 10:42 AM) [snapback]1493539[/snapback]

Have fun sending the same message to 16 people.

so, it's like chatting with everyone who is online? everyone can see your message?! that's gay...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 12:38 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4