IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PS3 2.7 Update rumours
DiO
post Feb 21 2009, 02:46 AM
Post #1

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE("http://www.psu.com/PS3-firmware-27-details-uncovered-News--a006493-p0.php")
We know that we shouldn't always trust what we read on forums, but hey, we all like a good rumor. Over at GameTrailers, a poster who supposedly works in Sony's Research & Development department claims that the following is a list of the new features we can expect from the next PlayStation 3 firmware update, 2.7.

Included in the list of enhancements is the option to send voice messages to users on your friends list, as well as being able to send messages while in-game.

Check it out:

Friends List:
- Voice Messaging is now available as an alternative to text after selecting a user on the friends list. Voice message recordings are capped at 30 seconds.
- Home Integration: Saved PlayStation Home avatar photos can be selected as photo ID for Gamer Card/Friends List.
- Trophy number and Gamer Level are listed under Friend names for quick reference.

Gamer Card & Trophies:
- Gamer Card layout has been changed to more closely resemble the PlayStation Store aesthetic.
- Past Trophy information can be viewed in detail by selecting "Recent Trophy History" option.
- Newly acquired trophies auto-sync in the background
- Server infrastructure for Trophies has been optimized. Resulting in faster retrieval time for Gamer Card and Trophy information.

In-Game XMB:
- Loading time for In-Game XMB has been drastically reduced, resulting in a more seamless in-game experience.
- "Theme settings" options while in-game is now available, allowing custom themes to be applied to the In-Game XMB.
- Internet Browser can now be accessed while in-game.
- Voice messaging and voice chat options can be used while in-game.
- Options that cannot be used in the XMB during game sessions are grayed out (but still selectable) to eliminate user accessibility confusion.

Too good to be true? We won't find out for sure until Sony gives us the official verdict.

Voice messaging and voice chat in game. Fucking sick!

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Feb 21 2009, 03:47 AM
Post #2

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

YES!!!!!!!!! Every one of those sounds awesome. I can't wait to send vulgar voice messages to everybody.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Feb 21 2009, 03:50 AM
Post #3

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

Awesome.

if it's true...

This post has been edited by TreeFitty: Feb 21 2009, 03:50 AM

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Feb 21 2009, 06:26 AM
Post #4

Snitch

Member No.: 8,969
PSN Name: Kamahl_rg

good stuff, nothing i really wanted but still good

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Feb 21 2009, 09:24 AM
Post #5

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

Where's Kuwong? He needs to tell us all the Xbox had this ages ago...

I love how sometimes Sony will release an update that's like oh SNAP now that's fresh and new! and then we get rumours of an update like this where it's just like "man that's cool, but we should have had this time ago..."

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Feb 21 2009, 10:31 AM
Post #6

Jailbird
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 23,545

Friends List:
- Voice Messaging is now available as an alternative to text after selecting a user on the friends list. Voice message recordings are capped at 30 seconds.
- Home Integration: Saved PlayStation Home avatar photos can be selected as photo ID for Gamer Card/Friends List.
- Trophy number and Gamer Level are listed under Friend names for quick reference.

Gamer Card & Trophies:
- Gamer Card layout has been changed to more closely resemble the PlayStation Store aesthetic.
- Past Trophy information can be viewed in detail by selecting "Recent Trophy History" option.
- Newly acquired trophies auto-sync in the background
- Server infrastructure for Trophies has been optimized. Resulting in faster retrieval time for Gamer Card and Trophy information.

[..]In-Game XMB:
-Voice messaging and voice chat options can be used while in-game.

Does sound like what Xbox has had since release tbh. I shouldn't see why it can't be true, but its taken a while for them to do it.

And I can't use my headset on my PS3. It's like the most uncomftorble headset ever. Got it with Warhawk.

--------------------
YES I don't play Xbox 360 anymore.

Add me on steam BITCHES. Pieface876
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Feb 21 2009, 11:31 AM
Post #7

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Don't fuckin' saunter in here thinking you can do Kuwong's job.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
FuddMan
post Feb 21 2009, 11:53 AM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,351

Seeing as you PS3ers like to whine about how Microsoft is a money-grabbing monopolist...

LOL

You've never had voice chat or voice messages? Fuck. We've only had it for more than 3 years.

--------------------
QUOTE (Psy)
Well, I must be honest, I do occasionally have the odd night off where I stick my fingers in as many pussy's as I can
php stands for psy humping pussy

zomg it's DuffMan's clone.
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Feb 21 2009, 04:36 PM
Post #9

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

I don't see how that comes into it, Duff. Money grabbing monopolism and voice chat, kinda different... And it's not just those "PS3ers" who whine about it, we "Xboxers" whine about it too. Cause Microsoft fucking suck, I don't care if I buy their consoles, computers and games, they do fucking suck.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
angeal18
post Feb 21 2009, 06:05 PM
Post #10

Litterer

Member No.: 42,256

Heard about this a couple weeks ago. Should be pretty sweet but might take awile.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 21 2009, 06:43 PM
Post #11

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

i like the idea of using the internet browser while in-game... might of been more useful with fallout 3, rather than running into the computer room to look up tips... maybe it'll be useful for oblivion biggrin.gif...

i'd like them to allow you to place the browser in the background when online if you get a message from your friends... i think right now, you have to quit the internet browser just to see your friends list and messages...

voice messages seems gay... when the hell will i ever use that? i got no problem typing out a little message...

all in all though, seems like a good update... the only problem is, how much memory will this update use up? i'm kinda sick of being forced to update these things and use up more of my hard drive space, which is getting pretty limited as it stands now...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Feb 21 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #12

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Feb 21 2009, 10:43 AM) [snapback]1485906[/snapback]
i think right now, you have to quit the internet browser just to see your friends list and messages...

No, you can access your XMB from your internet browser.

voice messages seems gay... when the hell will i ever use that? i got no problem typing out a little message...

Get ready for billions of soundboards/Rick Roll messages.

all in all though, seems like a good update... the only problem is, how much memory will this update use up? i'm kinda sick of being forced to update these things and use up more of my hard drive space, which is getting pretty limited as it stands now...

I hope not too much, cause i have under 3 gigs left and don't have the money to upgrade right now..

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Full Metal Monke...
post Feb 21 2009, 08:38 PM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,213

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Feb 21 2009, 06:43 PM) [snapback]1485906[/snapback]

You'd be suprised by the amount of people who use this feature on the 360.

I dont use it so much any more now that i have a Chatpad but still its a good feature for your PS3 owners.

--------------------
Stunt Double for Nick Frost
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Feb 21 2009, 09:25 PM
Post #14

Snitch

QUOTE(DuffMan @ Feb 21 2009, 06:53 AM) [snapback]1485869[/snapback]
Seeing as you PS3ers like to whine about how Microsoft is a money-grabbing monopolist...

LOL

You've never had voice chat or voice messages? Fuck. We've only had it for more than 3 years.

Actually, in the XMB there has always been a voice chat option, its just that it doesnt work when you are playing a game.

And as far as i know, you are paying for it, we arent and this doesnt seem like its worth the $50 per year difference.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
FuddMan
post Feb 21 2009, 10:01 PM
Post #15

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Kamahl @ Feb 21 2009, 09:25 PM) [snapback]1485929[/snapback]

LOL

Actually, in the XMB there has always been a voice chat option, its just that it doesnt work when you are playing a game.

And as far as i know, you are paying for it, we arent and this doesnt seem like its worth the $50 per year difference.

Nope, voice chat and messaging is part of the free silver account, always has been.

--------------------
QUOTE (Psy)
Well, I must be honest, I do occasionally have the odd night off where I stick my fingers in as many pussy's as I can

Achievements

+Quote Post
1UP
post Feb 21 2009, 10:02 PM
Post #16

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 738

QUOTE(DuffMan @ Feb 21 2009, 07:53 AM) [snapback]1485869[/snapback]

LOL

Any company would do that, just Microsoft has an easier time doing it because of their assloads of moneyz, especially troublesome in a failing economy which will make it even easier to force near monopoly. ohmy.gif That's right I'll act like I know what I'm talking about.

Voice chat isn't something I'd use, so I myself wouldn't care if it was added or not. Unlike most people I go and play video games with friends at their houses allot instead of online, allot more priceless moments when your there with your friends. o_O

Then again the convenience of such features is always a good thing.

--------------------
eVeRytHinG Is As iT ShoULd bE

FaLlS aPArT
Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Feb 21 2009, 11:20 PM
Post #17

Jailbird
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 23,545

QUOTE(1UP @ Feb 21 2009, 10:02 PM) [snapback]1485942[/snapback]
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Feb 21 2009, 07:53 AM) [snapback]1485869[/snapback]

LOL

Any company would do that, just Microsoft has an easier time doing it because of their assloads of moneyz, especially troublesome in a failing economy which will make it even easier to force near monopoly. ohmy.gif That's right I'll act like I know what I'm talking about.

Voice chat isn't something I'd use, so I myself wouldn't care if it was added or not. Unlike most people I go and play video games with friends at their houses allot instead of online, allot more priceless moments when your there with your friends. o_O

Then again the convenience of such features is always a good thing.

If I'm correct, the computer games industry isn't suffering too badly due to the recession. Might be the rest of Sony though.

Also the Voice Chat feature has been with the Xbox since Xbox Live was released on the original console.

--------------------
YES I don't play Xbox 360 anymore.

Add me on steam BITCHES. Pieface876
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Feb 22 2009, 01:05 AM
Post #18

Snitch

QUOTE(DuffMan @ Feb 21 2009, 05:01 PM) [snapback]1485941[/snapback]

LOL

Nope, voice chat and messaging is part of the free silver account, always has been.

lol

wow, you can talk to your friend but you cant play with him, it doesnt seem useful to me.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
FuddMan
post Feb 22 2009, 01:09 AM
Post #19

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Kamahl @ Feb 22 2009, 01:05 AM) [snapback]1486008[/snapback]
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Feb 21 2009, 05:01 PM) [snapback]1485941[/snapback]

LOL

lol

wow, you can talk to your friend but you cant play with him, it doesnt seem useful to me.

Well apparently neither of you have been able to private voice chat and play at the same time for a number of years now so there must be some use.

--------------------
QUOTE (Psy)

Achievements

+Quote Post
Full Metal Monke...
post Feb 22 2009, 04:33 AM
Post #20

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,213

QUOTE(1UP @ Feb 21 2009, 10:02 PM) [snapback]1485942[/snapback]

Try getting a group of friends together and playing online as a team without voice chat. Its neigh on impossible. To be honest, im suprise the PS3 hasn't got voice chat as a default feature. Now days its a must for play online.

Even PC games (im talking back in the day with MoHAA etc) we all used to use a program called Team Speak and talk to each other or listen so we could play without having to type as during it large firefight its hard to do so. Plus its easier to give commands etc.

--------------------
Stunt Double for Nick Frost
Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 04:05 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4