IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice

Please do not reply to topics unless you have something relevant and constructive to add.
This forum is NOT for support, post support
here

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shifting Weight
Psy
post Feb 19 2009, 08:54 PM
Post #1

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
XBL Gamertag: Psyware
PSN Name: Psycopsy
Xfire Identity: Psyware

Introduction
Elizabeta wants you and Malc to sell the drugs she's just obtained.

Dealin'
Follow Malc to the drug deal at the courts just down the street. As usual, you'll get a text from Jim right on cue telling you to bring Terry and Clay with you, so give them a call if you want their help. As you'll soon find out, it's pretty pointless for this mission anyway.

Once you arrive at the courts, the deal will happen, but the two buyers pull a gun on you guys. Once the police arrive, one of the guys kills the chick for blowing up Johnny's bike.

After the cutscene you'll be on the back of Malc's bike and you need to shoot at the cops to keep them off DeSean. Luckily, and somewhat rather awesomely, you've got infinite ammo. You'll have to take out the cop cars and the helicopter if and when you can. Might as well keep your finger on the trigger seeing as you don't even need to reload your gun.

You're probably more vulnerable than DeSean, so make sure you keep checking your radar to kill the cops who are getting close to you. Once you're over onto Algonquin you'll need to face forwards and take out some cops in the SWAT van, then just keep checking your six for cops.

Make sure you shoot the petrol pumps just after you go past the gas station for an awesome explosion.

Keep firing away at the cops, and eventually you'll get stuck in a road block and surrounded. Kill most of the cops on foot at the road block, then shoot out the showroom windows you'll escape through it. Once you're back in the action, resume the shooting as there's plenty of cop cars to keep you busy.

Drop One Of These...
The rest of the mission is more of less the same until you reach the motorway, where you'll be given pipe bombs and told to drop them for the pursuing police cars. Cook them for about 2 seconds each and you should be able to take out the cops. Then you'll just need to drop them pretty much straight away to get the cars further behind.

After the final cutscene where two cops crash themselves to death, you'll complete the objective.

Mission Passed!
Reward: $3000

---

Mission Tips
  • Because there's no cover on this mission and no way to regenerate health, you might need to just fight your way through to each checkpoint, then if you die you can continue from there with full health.
  • The mid-mission checkpoints are making the actual drug deal and being surrounded outside the car showroom.
  • Keep firing almost all of the time. Got nothing to lose with unlimited ammo!
  • After the mission you'll be able to pick up a pretty awesome Double T Custom bike if you check out the area where you are.
  • You'll call Elizabeta and she'll tell you that you should stay away from her for the time being.
  • Ashley will then call you and unlock a new mission for Ray Boccino.
  • You'll then get a text from Ashley too telling you she needs to see you. This will unlock a new mission for her.
  • Clay will then text you telling you to give him a call and he'll repair your bike and bring it to you. Does your phone ever stop?!

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Apr 17 2009, 12:17 AM
Post #2

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 8,395
XBL Gamertag: synchronizer
PSN Name: alpha male
Xfire Identity: XFire it up

Excellent write-up of an epic GTA mission. Thanks again to Psy for the quality of detail.

While I died the first few times, I re-loaded to try and make it. The only thing I would add
is a tiny detail of the tunnel in Holland and the roadblock. In the tunnel, if you shoot the
cluster of red cannisters, there are no cops pouring out of the tunnel. This I verified 2 or 3
times, and it is a very San Andreas trick like quality. Small detail but you have enough
cops on you, so it helps. About the roadblock, every time I shot at the cops I died. It
might be good advice as everyone is stopped, to just pan camera over to the window,
and fire into it, to allow mission continuation. Made a world of difference for me.

Other than those details, this is the best write-up of the best mission, that I've read here
since Niko's escape in 'Three Leaf Clover'. Also if you aren't comfortable with the pipe bombs,
cook them like Psy advises and then use left trigger to switch back to automatic shotgun.
I checked after mission completion, and I did not lose one shell for that gun, still at 250/250.

The best reward here only Psy could catch. The Double T Custom waiting for Johnny.
This is an awesome bike after your hard work, a great silent reward.

Much respect to Psy - Cheers.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 18 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Apparently, Synch does acid rather than smoking weed...
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 6 2009, 12:05 PM) *
synch is a fucking walking fallout 3 wikipedia lol...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Guest_6 shooter_*
post Apr 20 2009, 07:15 AM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE(Psy @ Feb 19 2009, 10:54 PM) [snapback]1485308[/snapback]
[color="#9acd32"][/color]

After the cutscene you'll be on the back of Malc's bike and you need to shoot at the cops to keep them off DeSean. Luckily, and somewhat rather awesomely, you've got infinite ammo.

(...)
  • Keep firing almost all of the time. Got nothing to lose with unlimited ammo!

Actually, I have to correct that - there is no infinite ammo on this mission. Or maybe there is only until some point. It is true the ammo counter doesn't move during first part of the chase, but I did run out of ammunition in the second part (after fighting our way through roadblock and car showroom). Luckily, I had pipe bombs and I kept throwing them at cops till we reached the tunnel/underpass where the mission ends.

On the mission itself - so far it is the best mission on TLAD and easily one of the best even if GTA IV (Niko's story) is concerned. It reminds me a lot of Big Smoke's Just Business mission in GTA SA - also a motorcycle chase, your character is also the passenger firing back at cops. I was actually happy to have to replay the mission 4 or 5 times (either Johnny or DeSean kept getting killed before we reached the roadblock), it was so much fun!

EDIT: I have watched a YT clip of this mission and I see that in fact you are given pipe bombs toward the end of the chase by DeSean, but you can roll over your weapons and come back to the previous weapon, which appears to have infinite ammo as well.

This post has been edited by 6 shooter: Apr 22 2009, 08:38 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 03:25 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4