IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Get Lost... And Damned!
DiO
post Feb 18 2009, 07:03 PM
Post #61

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE(Pieface @ Feb 18 2009, 01:00 PM) [snapback]1484913[/snapback]
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Feb 18 2009, 05:30 PM) [snapback]1484899[/snapback]
The only way this would come to the PS3 if we hear that Sony gives R* 50 million as well.

Which would be a breach of contract o_O

IDK, who really knows what the contract said. I said thats the only way. Not like its actually going to happen.

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Feb 18 2009, 09:56 PM
Post #62

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

1. No 360's will RRoD downloading this, it isn't 2006. And Demo's are quite often between 700-1.2GB.

2. @Kuwong, it depends on the contractual agreement.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ComputerTKO
post Feb 19 2009, 01:27 AM
Post #63

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 48,552

I'll be on this Lost & Damned thing, if you have a headset, love this game, and like having fun online, add me: ComputerTKO on xbox360 live, as I have only 3 friends that love this game as much as I do, and its fun to get together
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hitman540
post Feb 19 2009, 10:23 AM
Post #64

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,457

Well I give this a rating of 9/10. the reason i don't give it the full ten.. is because its too friggen short! lol

--------------------

Thanks to Destruction Overdrive for sig.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ophis-
post Feb 19 2009, 11:00 AM
Post #65

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Validating
Member No.: 5,815
PSN Name: ophis-

QUOTE(Pieface @ Feb 18 2009, 06:00 PM) [snapback]1484913[/snapback]
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Feb 18 2009, 05:30 PM) [snapback]1484899[/snapback]
The only way this would come to the PS3 if we hear that Sony gives R* 50 million as well.

Read it, have you?

--------------------
[meh]
Achievements

+Quote Post
FuddMan
post Feb 19 2009, 12:38 PM
Post #66

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,351

Well, if Sony had give anyone $50 million, it would be to Microsoft. I can't see MS being happy about losing $50 mil just like that.

--------------------
QUOTE (Psy)
Well, I must be honest, I do occasionally have the odd night off where I stick my fingers in as many pussy's as I can
php stands for psy humping pussy

zomg it's DuffMan's clone.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Feb 19 2009, 02:02 PM
Post #67

Jailbird
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 23,545

QUOTE(Liquidice @ Feb 19 2009, 11:00 AM) [snapback]1485166[/snapback]

Read it, have you?

Like I have said, I doubt Microsoft would let anything into the contract saying that Sony could have anything.

--------------------
YES I don't play Xbox 360 anymore.

Add me on steam BITCHES. Pieface876
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ophis-
post Feb 19 2009, 04:42 PM
Post #68

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Pieface @ Feb 19 2009, 02:02 PM) [snapback]1485198[/snapback]
QUOTE(Liquidice @ Feb 19 2009, 11:00 AM) [snapback]1485166[/snapback]

Read it, have you?

Like I have said, I doubt Microsoft would let anything into the contract saying that Sony could have anything.

Trust me, anything that is called "exclusive" has a sell by date...

End of the day, and i say this for the second time... No one knows if TL&D will come out on other platforms except Rockstar themselfs and they do (& forgive me for saying this) lie occasionally. I'm on the fence, 50/50 about the whole thing... but at least i see that there are no official verdicts and i'm not just basing my opinion on gut feeling.

--------------------
[meh]
Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Feb 19 2009, 04:55 PM
Post #69

Jailbird
Group Icon

As Duffman has stated, which is the most likely reason for it never happening, is the fact its not as simple as placing the same thing onto the PS Store and then that is that. There will need to be a monumental change and it won't take a few days, weeks or maybe months.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Ophis-
post Feb 19 2009, 05:13 PM
Post #70

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Pieface @ Feb 19 2009, 04:55 PM) [snapback]1485238[/snapback]
As Duffman has stated, which is the most likely reason for it never happening, is the fact its not as simple as placing the same thing onto the PS Store and then that is that. There will need to be a monumental change and it won't take a few days, weeks or maybe months.

I'm highly aware of how games are designed, scripted and structered. I also think that IF this comes out on any other platform other then Xbox, it will take at least 10months to convert. Then again, games are made on the PC/MAC that are then scaled down to work on consoles... so it would'nt be a switch from xbox to ps3 as such. Just because its a not a copy and paste job will not stop them doing it. GTA4 was a complete new engine, city and story but they didn't just go "oh it will take years.... fuck it" now did they? no, because their are bucks to be made here.

This post has been edited by Liquidice: Feb 19 2009, 05:14 PM

--------------------
[meh]
Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Feb 19 2009, 05:50 PM
Post #71

Jailbird
Group Icon

QUOTE(Liquidice @ Feb 19 2009, 05:13 PM) [snapback]1485243[/snapback]
QUOTE(Pieface @ Feb 19 2009, 04:55 PM) [snapback]1485238[/snapback]

I'm highly aware of how games are designed, scripted and structered. I also think that IF this comes out on any other platform other then Xbox, it will take at least 10months to convert. Then again, games are made on the PC/MAC that are then scaled down to work on consoles... so it would'nt be a switch from xbox to ps3 as such. Just because its a not a copy and paste job will not stop them doing it. GTA4 was a complete new engine, city and story but they didn't just go "oh it will take years.... fuck it" now did they? no, because their are bucks to be made here.

It's the same reason GTA VCS and LCS didn't make it onto the Xbox. Not because off some exclusivity thing, but just time and effort. By the time both the Xbox episodic contents (I doubt they'd screw Microsoft if they did it before) and then started to convert both the contents the next GTA will be out soon, or even out. So therefore less sales with the episodic content.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
victimsfamily
post Feb 19 2009, 06:53 PM
Post #72

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,023

QUOTE(werewolf23 @ Feb 19 2009, 07:12 PM) [snapback]1485258[/snapback]
besides all that--- How's the new game? whoever has it/played it, talk more about it for those of us who don't/haven't yet. is it very good? any clues as to what the next episode could be? does it still seem as if GTA4 is lacking something? is it fun?

Good questions.

QUOTE(Liquidice)
Rockstar [...] they do (& forgive me for saying this) lie occasionally

rolleyes.gif That reminds me of that towtruck image, is the towtruck actually functionnal or not ? One mission only maybe ?

This post has been edited by victimsfamily: Feb 19 2009, 06:54 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
mobe
post Feb 19 2009, 09:08 PM
Post #73

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 27,428

The technical challenges of getting the L+D onto the PS3 are in no way beyond R* by any point of view. R* have a lot of studios round the world they can farm out work to (didn't R* San Diego do most of the brainstorming getting GTAIV to work on both consoles? ) and those studios have a lot of expertise between them.

Contrary to what a lot of people think MS won't have bought the copyright to the L+D. Meaning that given time R* can and will do exactly what they want with it in due course. Personally I have no doubt in my mind that this time next year PS3 owners will be playing it and I wouldn't be surprised at all if it were sooner.

I'm actually interested to see if the PS3 does get any DLC of its own. Sony said a while ago they had 'something up their sleeve' with regards to GTAIV and R*. It was probably bluff but it'll be interesting to see if R* do offer PS3 owners any sweetner for their version. It would certainly be in their financial interests to do so.
Achievements

+Quote Post
victimsfamily
post Feb 20 2009, 09:42 AM
Post #74

Upstanding Citizen

Uh, ok I think we got it really.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ophis-
post Feb 20 2009, 12:03 PM
Post #75

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Pieface @ Feb 19 2009, 05:50 PM) [snapback]1485251[/snapback]
It's the same reason GTA VCS and LCS didn't make it onto the Xbox. Not because off some exclusivity thing, but just time and effort. By the time both the Xbox episodic contents (I doubt they'd screw Microsoft if they did it before) and then started to convert both the contents the next GTA will be out soon, or even out. So therefore less sales with the episodic content.

You are being so naive about extra content for ps3.

Correct me if i am wrong, but around about the same time VCS and LCS came out, Rockstar hadn't long released GTA:SA on xbox? The two smaller titles for PSP were basicly small money earners to cash in on a niche market... and then again another small money earner to simply put the same content onto a disk for the PS2. Granted, it would take longer to cross it over to the xbox platform and the fact that LCS and VCS never realy hit it off hugly its easy to see that the work/reward ratio is way off. However, the work to reward ratio for bringing GTA4 content to PS3 would be extremely poor business sense to miss.

Microsoft have exclusive rights to DLC made by rockstar and I GUARANTEE there is a time limit to how long they can have the content on their console exclusively.

Also, towards your statement that Rockstar will be working on their next game. The next GTA game you will see on the shelf (apart from them probably releasing DLC on disk in store too) will likely be featuring the GTA5 engine for a next gen console. So expect them to completely milk the GTA4 engine for the next 4 or so years.

This post has been edited by Liquidice: Feb 20 2009, 12:05 PM

--------------------
[meh]
Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Feb 20 2009, 12:50 PM
Post #76

Jailbird
Group Icon

I think there's a difference between a guarantee where a company hasn't paid much yes. But it is majorly different when there is $50 Million on the table. This has been the first GTA game that has had an exclusivity in it. The first 3 (Which many people thought were exclusive to the PS2) were either not out when the Xbox was around, or when it was first released. We won't fully know the situation for a couple of years at most. But personally I think that the $50 Million is a major factor. That could pay for most, if not all off the Episodic content straight away so they will not have made a loss before it is even released, but then they also get the profits off the Xbox Live.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 20 2009, 02:30 PM
Post #77

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

I can't believe you're still debating this. How about we end it with:

"Well, I guess we'll see if the DLC ever comes to PS3... until then, stfu."
Achievements

+Quote Post
1UP
post Feb 20 2009, 02:47 PM
Post #78

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 738

Agreed with Stoic, but there is no doubt in my mind that these two episodes will never come to the PS3 when that much money was involved.

However, that doesn't mean the PS3 wont have some kind of DLC in the future. It's nothing but wait and see.

--------------------
eVeRytHinG Is As iT ShoULd bE

FaLlS aPArT
Achievements

+Quote Post
victimsfamily
post Feb 20 2009, 03:19 PM
Post #79

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(victimsfamily @ Feb 19 2009, 07:53 PM) [snapback]1485277[/snapback]
Is the towtruck actually functionnal or not ? One mission only maybe ?

Achievements

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2014 - 11:30 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4