IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official Next DLC Main Character Discussion, Renamed and Bumped.
Money Over Bulls...
post Feb 28 2009, 02:32 PM
Post #21

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 48,997

Hey guys, I was just browsing on google and found this thread so I thought I might have an input.

It think it would make for a really good game if you took control of Jermaine Andrews as he is the leader of a street gang and that could make for some very intresting storylines and scenarios.

I also think it would be ok to start of in broker again because like its a whole different side of the borough than was explored in Niko's story. Added to this the fact that he is an afro american which could lead to that "black man from the ghetto coming up in the world" story that we all know and love.

And lets face it there is a lot of black people in New york so itd seem kinda weird if events in Liberty City didnt in some way reflect this.
And what better way than to have a story based on our man Jermaine as he tries to emancipate himself from his sh**ty life and put his gang at the top of the underworld.

It would also tie in with the main story because he is friends with Roman but it is never explained how nor is the reason he needs to get the parts from the lock up.. so this could be definitely built upon me thinks.

It would also be good if the story started a bit before the events of GTA 4 since TLAD started slightly after Niko came to Liberty City

This post has been edited by Money Over Bullshit: Feb 28 2009, 02:34 PM
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Awesome One
post Mar 2 2009, 02:14 PM
Post #22

Poshboy...

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,030
XBL Gamertag: the mighty moa

but i wanna b LITTLE JACOB OR PACKIE...

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Mar 2 2009, 02:29 PM
Post #23

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE(therealcbc @ Mar 2 2009, 09:14 AM) [snapback]1488076[/snapback]
but i wanna b LITTLE JACOB OR PACKIE...

Thanks for your insightful contribution.

I just want everyone to flash back to when the initial DLC was announced. Out of all the predictions, "evidence" and hot leads; I don't think anyone was correct in guessing that Johnny would be the character in the 1st DLC. Everyone guessed Packie or Little Jacob or UL Paper or Packie's grandma.

When it comes to DLC, it's fun to play guessing games and support it with bullshit facts (like what you saw during your playthrough). Fact is, you're all probably wrong and Rockstar has much better ideas than your inbred intellect can muster.

The next DLC character will be Packie's Grandmother. I called Dan Houser to confirm. I'll post another topic about it in the "Downloadable Content / Next GTA Discussion" section.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Money Over Bulls...
post Mar 2 2009, 05:33 PM
Post #24

Upstanding Citizen

Thanks for your insightful contribution.

I just want everyone to flash back to when the initial DLC was announced. Out of all the predictions, "evidence" and hot leads; I don't think anyone was correct in guessing that Johnny would be the character in the 1st DLC. Everyone guessed Packie or Little Jacob or UL Paper or Packie's grandma.

When it comes to DLC, it's fun to play guessing games and support it with bullshit facts (like what you saw during your playthrough). Fact is, you're all probably wrong and Rockstar has much better ideas than your inbred intellect can muster.

The next DLC character will be Packie's Grandmother. I called Dan Houser to confirm. I'll post another topic about it in the "Downloadable Content / Next GTA Discussion" section.

Cool! I cant wait to play as her!!

Thanks 4 clearing that up rolleyes.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Mar 2 2009, 05:35 PM
Post #25

Boss
Group Icon

I want people to discuss the next DLC character; just not to get too detailed with their insights because chances are, they are totally wrong.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Mar 2 2009, 05:47 PM
Post #26

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

I just went through all the detail in my opening post in hopes that it would put an end to people just throwing out random guesses without thinking or researching. No such luck, apparently. M.O.B. seemed to think about his choice, at least.

Also, M.O.B., I'm guessing your name is derived from Money Over Bitches, the gang that Jermaine leads.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Mar 2 2009, 06:02 PM
Post #27

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 2 2009, 12:47 PM) [snapback]1488127[/snapback]
I just went through all the detail in my opening post in hopes that it would put an end to people just throwing out random guesses without thinking or researching. No such luck, apparently. M.O.B. seemed to think about his choice, at least.

Also, M.O.B., I'm guessing your name is derived from Money Over Bitches, the gang that Jermaine leads.

I'm sorry, I wasn't yelling at you.

You actually make a compelling case for the next DLC character. IGN has the release date for Episode 2 being Q3 2009 and even has December 31st, 2009 listed. I wouldn't quote IGN, I'm just saying we should be hearing the emergence of details over the next few months
Achievements

+Quote Post
trathen93
post Mar 2 2009, 06:40 PM
Post #28

LFC

Member No.: 39,835
PSN Name: trathen

I think that whatever way you look at it the next character will probably be a minority.
maybe jacob or packie fit the bill. cos theres not many rastas in liberty city and not many irish making them both minorities.
or even a mobster. its hard to guess when theres so many options for rockstar.

--------------------

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Mar 2 2009, 06:43 PM
Post #29

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

But I wanna play as Bernie Crane! Why oh why can't we be flamboyant and stylish and yet also quite proficient at wielding an AK-47! Damn you R*!

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Money Over Bulls...
post Mar 3 2009, 02:21 PM
Post #30

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 2 2009, 05:47 PM) [snapback]1488127[/snapback]

Yeah man that's where I got the name... I went with Bullshit instead of Bitches though so as not to come off as a wannabe Pac.

Maybe I was just dreaming with that Suggestion but I still think it would be cool.

It's almost a certainty that Luis Lopez is the next protagonist but Rockstar may suprise us like they did seem to make it a bit too obvious if it is going to be him.

If it is though I'm gonna hold out for Jermaine for episode 3. *crosses fingers*

Chances are if they do make a third DLC it'll be on PS3. No doubt sony will want a piece of that pie... They've already expressed interest in more GTA for the PSP so they're obviously keen to make some sort of deal to get level with MS.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Full Metal Monke...
post Mar 3 2009, 06:44 PM
Post #31

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,213

M.O.B - I think they will make a 3rd episode which will be for all versions because don't forget that the PC Market will want something too.

Its news to me about the PSP though. Sounds interesting but i think Nintendo might hold a license for being the sole portable console for Grand Theft Auto games.

--------------------
Stunt Double for Nick Frost
Achievements

+Quote Post
Money Over Bulls...
post Mar 4 2009, 07:03 PM
Post #32

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Full Metal Monkey @ Mar 3 2009, 06:44 PM) [snapback]1488314[/snapback]
M.O.B - I think they will make a 3rd episode which will be for all versions because don't forget that the PC Market will want something too.

Its news to me about the PSP though. Sounds interesting but i think Nintendo might hold a license for being the sole portable console for Grand Theft Auto games.

Yeah... I read about it in this article here

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/02/27/more-psp-gta/

Achievements

+Quote Post
Full Metal Monke...
post Mar 5 2009, 12:45 AM
Post #33

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,213

M.O.B - Sorry dude i was being completely retarded when i typed the part about Nintendo having a contract. Id completely forgotten about Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories.

And i own them both too!

Still i need to find both my PSP and DS before i get a chance to play any of the new portable Grand Theft Autos. I think i left them round my old flatshare. Along with some awesome DVDs and a few games. sad.gif

--------------------
Stunt Double for Nick Frost
Achievements

+Quote Post
Money Over Bulls...
post Mar 6 2009, 06:04 PM
Post #34

Upstanding Citizen

Yeah they were good games... how could u forget them haha.

Some info from the LCPD database: It says Jermaine is suspected of commiting some "low priority hijackings" in the area recently...

That sounds a bit too abiguous to be just a piece of meaningless info so maybe we'll see him again and these low priority hijackings will be experienced first hand??

I hope so drool.gif

This post has been edited by Money Over Bullshit: Mar 8 2009, 10:44 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny 
post Apr 13 2009, 04:30 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 38,184

It won't be Packie or Jacob, because they are with Niko for so much. You would be playing the same missions from a different perspective, the EXACT same missions. What made Johnny so perfect, was that he was only ever shown for a brief second, then he split up from Niko in the original game, leaving doors open to what could happen to him. This is what makes Luis so perfect. I'm pretty convinced it will be him, due to the evidence (Impossible Trinity etc.) but it's not like Rockstar to be so sloppy in revealing something like this... so it may just be to throw us off!

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Apr 13 2009, 04:44 PM
Post #36

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

Its a shame Eddie Low is dead because that could have brought some sick scenes to our screens.
After I killed him I don't remember confirmation of his death, he could have been playing dead for all I know.
(With 27 bullets in the face and a grenade up his arse he might be in a coma).
Achievements

+Quote Post
SirPsychoSexy
post Apr 13 2009, 05:28 PM
Post #37

Nobody Special

Member No.: 39,224

If it's gonna be a black guy I don't want him to come from Broker but Bohan or Holland or something, doesn't really matter though because I think it's LFL!

--------------------
Even the doorbell knows how smart I am, cool house man!
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Apr 13 2009, 05:35 PM
Post #38

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

WTF is LFL?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Apr 13 2009, 06:27 PM
Post #39

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

QUOTE(marney1 @ Apr 13 2009, 01:35 PM) [snapback]1495522[/snapback]
WTF is LFL?

Luis Fernando Lopez.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Guest_6 shooter_*
post Apr 15 2009, 12:54 PM
Post #40

Guests

QUOTE(marney1 @ Apr 13 2009, 06:44 PM) [snapback]1495510[/snapback]
Its a shame Eddie Low is dead because that could have brought some sick scenes to our screens.
After I killed him I don't remember confirmation of his death, he could have been playing dead for all I know.
(With 27 bullets in the face and a grenade up his arse he might be in a coma).

Well, I don't see a reason why Eddie wouldn't be able to appear as a random character. All of his missions could easily be done before the eventual encounter with Niko.

But Eddie Low won't be the main DLC character for one simple reason: he is a truly evil character and R* maintains a policy of main protagonists in GTA games displaying a variety of positive, human traits.
Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 10:54 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4