IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official Next DLC Main Character Discussion, Renamed and Bumped.
Massacre
post Feb 5 2009, 01:05 AM
Post #1

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

Recently, I started thinking about how much it's been hinted at that the main character for the next DLC will have had the same level of involvement in GTA IV's story as Johnny did, so here's what we know about Johnny in regards to his relation with GTA IV's story:

1. He's a minor character, featured only twice in the game.
2. He has small roles in some of the missions (Blow Your Cover, Museum Piece)
3. Unlike characters like Gerry McReary or Jimmy Pegorino, Johnny does gruntwork himself instead of giving orders.
4. His story is mostly untouched in the game, meaning Rockstar doesn't have to work around the plot elements in the main game. Also, what little information we do have is worthy of an expansion.
5. Niko doesn't kill him.

Based on the above criteria, these characters are strong contenders for being the main character of the next dlc.

Gordon Sargent
1. Like Johnny, Packie's friend Gordon only appears twice in the game, so he's a minor character.
2. Gordon appears in the missions "Waste Not Want Knots," in which he and Packie's other friend, Michael are left to fight off Mafia thugs while Packie and Niko make their escape, and in "Ransom," in which he simply sits in the safehouse watching Gracie Ancelotti.
3. Like it says above, Gordon fights off Mafia thugs so somebody else can escape to safety. That's about as grunt as it gets.
4. We're not given any backstory at all regarding Gordon, you could make up anything.
5. As far as we know, Gordon's alive and well by the end of the story.

Jermaine Andrews
1. Jermaine only appears once in the game.
2. He appears in "Easy Fare," in which Niko gives him a ride to pick up hot merchandise.
3. While he is a gang leader, he still goes to pick up his own illegal merch, so he's willing to handle his own business rather than having someone else do it.
4. The only thing we know about him is what is in his police record, which states that he is the leader of street gang M.O.B. (Money Over Bitches).
5. Jermaine is probably still alive.

Luis Lopez
1. Luis is also a minor character.
2. Luis appears in "Three Leaf Clover," in which he just lies on the floor during the bank robbery, "Museum Piece," in which he shoots three people through a window, and "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend," where he goes with "Gay" Tony Prince to the Gracie/diamond tradeoff.
3. He's the leader of a Dominican street gang and Tony Prince's personal bodyguard, so there's plenty of dirty work involved.
4. It would be pretty interesting seeing how everything with the recurring stash of diamonds got started, and most of Luis' story probably involves them.
5. While it's possible to kill Luis during "Three Leaf Clover," it probably doesn't affect anything.

This is just what I've noticed, there are probably a few other possible characters I missed, and any helpful info or constructive criticism is much appreciated.

This post has been edited by Massacre: Feb 18 2009, 11:58 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 5 2009, 02:40 PM
Post #2

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

Wow, that's a lot of thought and insight into characters I don't even fucking remember.

99% chance you're wrong, no offense. I'm sure R* isn't going to follow the same recipe for the next DLC.

I think the next character should be Eddie Low and center around the events leading up to Niko killing him.

This post has been edited by Stoic Person Eater: Feb 5 2009, 02:45 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
SirPsychoSexy
post Feb 5 2009, 04:10 PM
Post #3

Nobody Special

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,224

Yeah, good spotting.

I played Easy Fare a little while ago, so I remember Jermaine Andrews, I thought of the possibility that he might be the next dlc protagonist. But I don't think so anymore, since he is from Broker and I don't think another story will start in Broker. But it could probably be a great story.

The next character will probably be from either Dukes or Bohan. Gordon Sargent is probably from Dukes? But I don't think so.

I can totally buy that Lopez guy, though I never noticed him at all, didn't know it was the same guy in the bank as in the museum. And I read about the Impossible Trinity award, which should mean something... Lopez is probably from Bohan or northern Algonquin, right?

I'm totally in for Lopez!

--------------------
Even the doorbell knows how smart I am, cool house man!
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 5 2009, 05:22 PM
Post #4

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 5 2009, 09:40 AM) [snapback]1482146[/snapback]
Wow, that's a lot of thought and insight into characters I don't even fucking remember.

99% chance you're wrong, no offense. I'm sure R* isn't going to follow the same recipe for the next DLC.

I think the next character should be Eddie Low and center around the events leading up to Niko killing him.

I know they probably won't use those characters, I was just, like you said, putting actual thought into it instead of throwing out random guesses like some people (namely Angeal and his pro-Badman shit). It just seems like this was the best way to select the next main character. I had to rule out anyone that was killed in the main game, because what kind of story would it be if you had an epic second-to-last mission, and then the final mission was just Niko putting a bullet in your head?

This was just the most logical way to select the next main character, aside from making up a completely new person.

Despite being killed, Eddie Low would make a great main character. His missions would consist of killing, dissecting, and body disposal, and between missions, you could sodomize joggers and nail your scrotum to the kitchen table.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 5 2009, 07:03 PM
Post #5

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE(Massacre @ Feb 5 2009, 12:22 PM) [snapback]1482180[/snapback]
I know they probably won't use those characters, I was just, like you said, putting actual thought into it instead of throwing out random guesses like some people (namely Angeal and his pro-Badman shit). It just seems like this was the best way to select the next main character. I had to rule out anyone that was killed in the main game, because what kind of story would it be if you had an epic second-to-last mission, and then the final mission was just Niko putting a bullet in your head?

This was just the most logical way to select the next main character, aside from making up a completely new person.

Despite being killed, Eddie Low would make a great main character. His missions would consist of killing, dissecting, and body disposal, and between missions, you could sodomize joggers and nail your scrotum to the kitchen table.

I agree with you and I appreciate you putting actual THOUGHT PROCESS (unlike Angeal) into your deductions. It was interesting and makes me want to play back through the game to look for other potential characters.

LOL @ nailing scrotum to kitchen table... I see a mini-game like darts, bowling and arm wrestling.
Achievements

+Quote Post
angeal18
post Feb 7 2009, 06:46 AM
Post #6

Litterer

Member No.: 42,256

Im now Pro Luis Lopez. It is now clear to me. Its either Luis or Duffman as the next protagonist.
Achievements

+Quote Post
deejay
post Feb 7 2009, 07:59 AM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 284

Little Jacob, nuff said

--------------------
equal rights for zombies
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 19 2009, 12:02 AM
Post #8

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

If you look closely during the end credits for The Lost and Damned, there is a part where the camera pans over the Libertonian during Museum Piece/Collector's Item, and in addition to Johnny and Niko, you can clearly see Luis running across the roof and firing his carbine just as the screen fades out, further supporting my Luis theory.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
buckwa.inc
post Feb 19 2009, 08:09 AM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 20,086

yeah luis does look like the main contenteder....but after playing gta4 and now lost and damned.....seems like there going for a theme of loss so my wildcard thought is that there could be a dlc of packie and his brothers back when they were big in liberty city(e.g pic of derrick in irish pub in purgaroty and packie speaks of it a few times in some missions with him) and explain how the lose all that to be living with their mother in broker and being a cheap gun for hire
Achievements

+Quote Post
FuddMan
post Feb 19 2009, 01:28 PM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,351

I reckon it'll be one of the security guards you kill in that mission. You spend several days walking around the museum, and then when the deal goes to shit, you have to stand behind some really bad cover and stick your head out when Niko/Johnny is aiming right at you, killing you instantly and beginning the end sequence where you're taken to the hospital and pronounced dead on arrival. Cue credits.

--------------------
QUOTE (Psy)
Well, I must be honest, I do occasionally have the odd night off where I stick my fingers in as many pussy's as I can
php stands for psy humping pussy

zomg it's DuffMan's clone.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 19 2009, 04:48 PM
Post #11

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Wow, thanks Duffman. That shoots all my theories to shit...

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Full Metal Monke...
post Feb 21 2009, 06:00 PM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,213

I reckon it will be Manny Escuela.

He has a decent back story. Cleaning up the streets which could lead into some other plot points etc.

[spoiler]And yes i know hes dead. But they could work around his story leading upto that or him miraculously (sp) surviving a gun shot to the head.[/spoiler]

But ive also thought it could be Liz Torres. She is a tough lady and has many hands in many jars so that would be an easy way for the writers to work in missions etc.

Ive just had an idea that they might make the new DLC a character who is an undercover police officer. In the first mission which Johnny and Niko work together they get rubbled by an UCO and you don't actually see him get killed, if i remember correctly. Its never been done before in a GTA game.

--------------------
Stunt Double for Nick Frost
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 21 2009, 09:58 PM
Post #13

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Personally, like I said above, I would rule out anyone who actually gives missions, because why would you go out and do a whole game's worth of missions filled with driving and shooting, and then have Niko go out and do something as simple as drive your car across town? Manny and Elizabeta didn't do anything for themselves, they wouldn't be good main characters.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Full Metal Monke...
post Feb 22 2009, 04:22 AM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,213

Yeah but we don't know how exactly Manny managed to get his video deal. The stuff he had to do before then must have been pretty significanunt to get noticed ie (possible mission) killing a bunch of dealers selling to kids etc. Which would clean up the area or whatever.

It works in my mind.

I doubt Rockstar would make it of them but its a posibility.

--------------------
Stunt Double for Nick Frost
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Feb 22 2009, 09:14 AM
Post #15

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

TBH I wouldn't like to see someone connected to the same missions as Johnny was to Niko, like seeing the museum shootout from a third perspective was enough, (although I haven't even seen the second.) As already stated it'd have to be someone who does the work with you (or against you) rather than hands out the jobs. Or possibly as I mentioned once before R* could go back in time and show someone's rise to power, everyone had to start at the bottom doing errands to get to the top; I'd like to see Dwayne's story in the early 90's. But I doubt this will happen.

Thinking about it, for the 2nd DLC R* will not only have to remember Niko's story but also Johnny's story and remember plot elements, like who's been killed in the storyline, who's where when something happens, etc.

This post has been edited by ViceMan: Feb 22 2009, 09:15 AM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Roman
post Feb 22 2009, 04:53 PM
Post #16

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 7,026

As great as that list is, you are missing one huge criteria. Theme. Niko was an immigrant. Johnny was a Biker. So we know that Rockstar will not have someone new coming to LC, and they will not be Bikers. So that leaves the mob or gangsters.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Feb 22 2009, 05:08 PM
Post #17

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE(Roman @ Feb 22 2009, 04:53 PM) [snapback]1486214[/snapback]
As great as that list is, you are missing one huge criteria. Theme. Niko was an immigrant. Johnny was a Biker. So we know that Rockstar will not have someone new coming to LC, and they will not be Bikers. So that leaves the mob or gangsters.

I was thinking maybe one of Pegorino's goons, I remember Phil mentioning in a mission that some of their crew had to capture a van off one of the other rival families, and thinking about it it sounds like a good mission, perhaps one of the guys from the Pegorino's Pride mission, did we actually see them get killed?

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 22 2009, 05:11 PM
Post #18

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Everyone on my list fits that criteria on some level. Actually, Jermaine and Luis are gang leaders, like Johnny. I didn't put that in my list because Niko doesn't have a consistent affiliation with any of the gangs in the game.

And yeah, both of the goons die in Pegorino's Pride. I think Phil is the only one who survives the game.

This post has been edited by Massacre: Feb 22 2009, 05:14 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Roman
post Feb 23 2009, 01:51 AM
Post #19

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 7,026

QUOTE(Massacre @ Feb 22 2009, 05:11 PM) [snapback]1486218[/snapback]
Everyone on my list fits that criteria on some level.

You are probably right, I just didn't bother to read the post at all and just decided to take a chance to post it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Feb 27 2009, 02:40 PM
Post #20

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Actually doesn't the last mission in TL&D involve breaking into the prison to kill Billy, and afterwards all the prisoners escape, meaning there's a possibility Gerry could've escaped too. Although I wouldn't expect him to be a protagonist, but it just occurred to me and I thought i'd post it.

I'unno, it's something else to think about.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 04:50 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4