post Mar 18 2009, 03:36 PM
Post #21

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

since your just starting out, i'd give this another week... i'm a level 9 guy and i have this problem it seems like at least once every couple of months or so... so, this is just some sort of bug in the multiplayer... the important thing is to check your multiplayer stats from the start menu... check the stats on the game modes you know you played and see if it at least registers that you played those games... if it has then, give the server some time to adjust accordingly...

if your stats aren't showing up then, you might have a more serious problem...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aero-R
post Mar 18 2009, 06:15 PM
Post #22

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 49,710

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Mar 18 2009, 03:36 PM) [snapback]1490842[/snapback]
since your just starting out, i'd give this another week... i'm a level 9 guy and i have this problem it seems like at least once every couple of months or so... so, this is just some sort of bug in the multiplayer...

So you have had the error before, losing your money but getting it later? or you have done the rank until Level 9 many times from Level 0?

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Mar 18 2009, 03:36 PM) [snapback]1490842[/snapback]
the important thing is to check your multiplayer stats from the start menu... check the stats on the game modes you know you played and see if it at least registers that you played those games... if it has then, give the server some time to adjust accordingly...

if your stats aren't showing up then, you might have a more serious problem...

Excuse me but I don't know the stats you're talking about. Are you talking about the Playstation 3 version?, I don't know where those stats are shown. The only menu I do know is the mobile one and the money displayed below, into the southwest area/corner of the screen before a match.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 18 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #23

yes, my ranking gets reset to 0 every now and then... but, after a couple of days or so, the star rating goes back to what it should be at... i never have to re-earn the money to get it back to 9... the server will fix the problem and give me the proper star rating i should have depending on the amount of money i've earned in multiplayer... i'm saying you need to give it time... the multiplayer servers will eventually correct themselves, i hope...

i am on the PS3 too... pause the game and go to the stats menu... select the network tab, and then select the game mode you've been playing online... once it loads a ranking list, press L1 to view you and your friends... if you've played the game, it should register your name under the game mode and give you your current ranking among other people who have played the same mode... if it says that you've played a few games (or however many you've played) then you are fine... the servers are still remembering what you have played... if you name doesn't show up under one of the modes you clearly remember playing then, you might have a problem...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Mar 18 2009, 07:46 PM

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Aero-R
post Mar 19 2009, 03:44 PM
Post #24

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Mar 18 2009, 07:45 PM) [snapback]1490894[/snapback]
yes, my ranking gets reset to 0 every now and then... but, after a couple of days or so, the star rating goes back to what it should be at... i never have to re-earn the money to get it back to 9... the server will fix the problem and give me the proper star rating i should have depending on the amount of money i've earned in multiplayer... i'm saying you need to give it time... the multiplayer servers will eventually correct themselves, i hope...

i am on the PS3 too... pause the game and go to the stats menu... select the network tab, and then select the game mode you've been playing online... once it loads a ranking list, press L1 to view you and your friends... if you've played the game, it should register your name under the game mode and give you your current ranking among other people who have played the same mode... if it says that you've played a few games (or however many you've played) then you are fine... the servers are still remembering what you have played... if you name doesn't show up under one of the modes you clearly remember playing then, you might have a problem...

Ah okey, so many thanks for the idea.

Just one question: while that time you're back to Level 0, you continued playing until you see the change to Level 9 or you waited until it appeared by re-loging or something like that on any menu?
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 19 2009, 04:20 PM
Post #25

both... sometimes i would just quit playing for a few days and then re-check it... or i would just play through the problem... either way, it always corrected itself after a while...

but, if your still having this problem after a few days or so, then you might have something more serious...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Mar 19 2009, 04:20 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Aero-R
post Mar 20 2009, 09:06 AM
Post #26

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Mar 19 2009, 04:20 PM) [snapback]1491022[/snapback]
both... sometimes i would just quit playing for a few days and then re-check it... or i would just play through the problem... either way, it always corrected itself after a while...

but, if your still having this problem after a few days or so, then you might have something more serious...

Ah thanks. I get it now.

And no, I do not have the problem by the moment. I've checked my stats and they are there, the only problem is that in one of the modes, my ID appear two times. I don't know if this is normal (may be, since it appears always on 1st line as untouchable and later in the list in which I can scroll).

At this point I really hate Rockstar's servers & support (since everybody I do know that have e-mailed them about this problem with them, have no answers back). Would be nice if before I bought this game, I would knew about this.

This post has been edited by Aero-R: Mar 20 2009, 09:14 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 20 2009, 03:08 PM
Post #27

it's not really an issue i think... at least the online mode works... you can still get enjoyment out of playing against friends... and besides, the clothing you unlock with your rank really sucks anyways... once i reached level 5, i had all the clothing my character would need... now all i am unlocking is new motorcycle helmets and that's just stupid... no one hardly ever wears those...

but, the ranking system is no big deal, you should just try to enjoy the online games and not worry about the ranks because, your such a late edition to the rankings that, it's gonna take a ton of playing to even make a dent into the rankings... it's taken me since release to move into the top 200 for deal breaker, and into the top 450 overall... and i play at least once or twice a week...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
fug34
post Apr 6 2009, 03:49 PM
Post #28

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,935

If your money doesn't add within 3 hours I would suggest not playing the game. I myself wasted multiple days with it, at one point the PS3 stats didn't update for something like 5 days. I guess Rockstar had to reset the the servers or something. Midnight Club LA has the same problem on the PS3.

I think it is due to their stupid Social Club, either that or GameSpy servers.
Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 09:48 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4