IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Watchmen Case Settled
DiO
post Jan 20 2009, 10:56 PM
Post #1

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 1,564

January 15, 2009 - Our long national nightmare is over.

Warner Bros. and 20th Century Fox have settled their legal dispute over the long-awaited Watchmen movie. The movie will be released as planned March 6.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/945/945714p1.html

Finally. This movie looks really good.

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jan 21 2009, 12:01 AM
Post #2

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

Good to hear.

I'm going to see this one at the drive-in so I can smoke blunts mid-movie.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Jan 21 2009, 04:00 AM
Post #3

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Member No.: 262

very nice.
I've been waiting for this movie ever since the trailer in The Dark Knight.
i reread the book over the summer, and i meant to do it again but then school came up and haven't had time - but it is a pretty good story.

while we're on this topic, any other good graphic novels anyone recommends? preferably relatively cheap (unlike Sandman and Sin City)

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Indy
post Jan 21 2009, 03:07 PM
Post #4

Vandal

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,844

I really should read the book. Is it any good?

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Jan 21 2009, 07:12 PM
Post #5

Get off my Planet

Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

never ever heard of it...
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Jan 22 2009, 02:20 AM
Post #6

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

QUOTE(IndĽ @ Jan 21 2009, 09:07 AM) [snapback]1480003[/snapback]
yes, other people have seen my with it and I've loaned it out twice to two different people and they enjoyed it also.
it's pretty cheap too actually, probably no more than $15.

This post has been edited by X_ENVi3-_-: Jan 22 2009, 02:21 AM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jan 22 2009, 09:39 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE(X_ENVi3-_- @ Jan 20 2009, 11:00 PM) [snapback]1479940[/snapback]
very nice.
I've been waiting for this movie ever since the trailer in The Dark Knight.
i reread the book over the summer, and i meant to do it again but then school came up and haven't had time - but it is a pretty good story.

while we're on this topic, any other good graphic novels anyone recommends? preferably relatively cheap (unlike Sandman and Sin City)

Hmm, how much would a sin city cost and why?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Jan 23 2009, 04:34 PM
Post #8

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

QUOTE(FML 7 BOT @ Jan 22 2009, 03:39 PM) [snapback]1480264[/snapback]
QUOTE(X_ENVi3-_- @ Jan 20 2009, 11:00 PM) [snapback]1479940[/snapback]
very nice.

Hmm, how much would a sin city cost and why?

well, the whole set of 7 books is at least $90 USD

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jan 23 2009, 05:10 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Ohh, a whole set.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Full Metal Monke...
post Feb 26 2009, 09:32 AM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,213

QUOTE(IndĽ @ Jan 21 2009, 03:07 PM) [snapback]1480003[/snapback]

This is the book that redefined the graphic novel community. It shows that graphic novels aren't just for kids, this book is dark, real dark. Its very thought provoking, has alot of themes in it which you don't find in most comics.

Its not one of them Good guys vs Bad guys stories either. The main character Rorschach is more of an anti-hero. While he is a 'good guy' he gets his results in a 'bad guy' manner. And its not an action book either, while there are scenes of some action (not so much fighting) its more of an intellengent story.

A must buy.

And i should know ive been collecting graphic novels since i was 5.

This is just a TINY fraction of my collection.

--------------------
Stunt Double for Nick Frost
Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Feb 26 2009, 03:28 PM
Post #11

Jailbird
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 23,545

I'm not sure whether to see this or not. Looks quite good, hope its not like Superman or Spiderman 3.

--------------------
YES I don't play Xbox 360 anymore.

Add me on steam BITCHES. Pieface876
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Feb 26 2009, 04:18 PM
Post #12

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

Im sorry, but Im getting so sick of comic book/superhero movies.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Full Metal Monke...
post Feb 26 2009, 07:41 PM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,213

QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Feb 26 2009, 04:18 PM) [snapback]1487161[/snapback]
Im sorry, but Im getting so sick of comic book/superhero movies.

Trust me, this won't be like anything you've ever seen before.

Without giving away too many spoilers there is only one true Superhero. The rest are like how batman is. If that makes sence.

In my opinion its most likely going to be the best Graphic Novel to Film translation yet. Apprently the director has been using the novel as a screenplay and is unprecidented in the faithfulness.

Pieface - Its going to be nothing like Spiderman 3 or Superman Returns in the way of super amazing CGI fights etc. Its more of a thriller and the story is character driven not plot driven.

Bob - I personally recommend The Eternals by Neil Gaiman (another legend in the comic industry). It tells the story of a group of people with godlike ability but set in the Marvel Universe. Or the main Marvel Civil War, its very political (for a Marvel comic) and has complete shaken the Marvel Universe. Its the biggest crossover even in the history of Marvel. Great great read.Its also how Captain America came to be how he is.

Talking of Captain America, Fallen Son: The Death of Captain America is a good read. Each chapter is base on a difference stage of grieving. The writer who wrote it had been through a similar experience.

You know what sometime tonight im going to make a seperate thread for graphic novels.

--------------------
Stunt Double for Nick Frost
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Feb 26 2009, 09:08 PM
Post #14

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

QUOTE(Full Metal Monkey @ Feb 26 2009, 01:41 PM) [snapback]1487212[/snapback]
Talking of Captain America, Fallen Son: The Death of Captain America is a good read. Each chapter is base on a difference stage of grieving. The writer who wrote it had been through a similar experience.

Which brings me to another thing...I mean, it may be best discussed in that thread you're gonna start, but, why are they killing off the superheroes?
Like they'll die, then be back a few issues later.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 26 2009, 09:21 PM
Post #15

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Feb 26 2009, 04:08 PM) [snapback]1487231[/snapback]
Which brings me to another thing...I mean, it may be best discussed in that thread you're gonna start, but, why are they killing off the superheroes?
Like they'll die, then be back a few issues later.

It's nothing new, Superman died back in 1992/3.

Comics are like soap operas. Anything to get people to keep coming back.

Pussy.

Can't wait for Watchmen. It's going to blow the socks off of the popcorn superhero flicks.

This post has been edited by Stoic Person Eater: Feb 26 2009, 09:24 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 26 2009, 09:30 PM
Post #16

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

QUOTE(Full Metal Monkey @ Feb 26 2009, 04:32 AM) [snapback]1487125[/snapback]
This is just a TINY fraction of my collection.

You are now my friend.

QUOTE(Full Metal Monkey @ Feb 26 2009, 02:41 PM) [snapback]1487212[/snapback]

You know what sometime tonight im going to make a seperate thread for graphic novels.

I think the writer that killed him off had recently lost his son to cancer. Also, definitely start that thread, although it might just be you, ENVi3, and myself posting in it...

I'm definitely looking forward to this movie, despite not having read the book. I heard the movie differs from the book at the end, something about a giant squid? What's that about?

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Feb 27 2009, 04:34 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

QUOTE(Massacre @ Feb 26 2009, 04:30 PM) [snapback]1487244[/snapback]
. I heard the movie differs from the book at the end, something about a giant squid? What's that about?

Heartless's ava?

Im sure this movie won't be like a spiderman 3. It looks much darker like the new batman ones.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
OptimumPx
post Mar 1 2009, 02:51 AM
Post #18

Basket Case
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,168

QUOTE(Massacre @ Feb 26 2009, 04:30 PM) [snapback]1487244[/snapback]
I heard the movie differs from the book at the end, something about a giant squid? What's that about?

Well, in the Watchmen the main villain (if you want to call him that) uses a 'giant squid' to launch his plan, it kills a lot of people and drives many other insane when it dies (it sends out a psychic pulse upon death.) The movie won't use the squid because it would take up too much screen time explaining where this thing came from before it showed up at the end of the movie, so they dropped it for something different. From the trailers it looks like a bright blue pulse going off in the middle of Times Square or something. We'll see on Friday though. smile.gif

According to Snyder the ending itself is still the same. The squid is only there to push to main characters into the final showdown at the story's conclusion and it's replacement serves the same purpose with no cost to the actual plot, so I'm not worried about that at all. thumbup.gif

--------------------
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 1 2009, 05:05 PM
Post #19

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

i read an early review on this movie yesterday and they said it was shitty... but, i don't base my opinion off of one review, i base it off my own review... i'm still gonna see it but, i am not gonna expect to see an amazing movie, like it seems to be hyped up as... i just want to be entertained, and able to follow the plot since, i've never read the comic... and the latter is what worries me... i'm afraid that i will be confused throughout...

still gonna see it though, might try to see it in IMAX because, i know the visuals are gonna be amazing...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Mar 3 2009, 02:35 AM
Post #20

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Mar 1 2009, 11:05 AM) [snapback]1487909[/snapback]
might try to see it in IMAX because, i know the visuals are gonna be amazing...
hecks yeah!
I've never watched a movie in IMAX but a few months ago i decided that i should watch Watchmen on IMAX, so it shall be done cool.gif

i haven't read the comic in a few months, but i bought the Animated Comic which i will watch after i watch the movie since i am a little too lazy to read, heh.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 05:30 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4