IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lagging problems on P.C version.......
Flea
post Jan 16 2009, 12:00 AM
Post #1

Nobody Special

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

hey, I am going through all the GTA's again from GTA 3 upwards, so i bought GTA 3 for the P.C but it is lagging pretty bad when there is just 2 stars on me, i dont get why this is, i have a NVidia geforce 8600 GT grx card 2gb of ram and athlon 64 x2 duel core procesor 3800+ 2.00GHz and plenty of space on the HDD, what could the problem be, something todo with running it on vista mabe? i have the compatability on windows service pack 2 tho...

Edit, i've tryed updating my grx card drivers, they did need updated, i got 3 programes to clean my p,.c and make it run faster, and it hasnt worked, the lagging is sligtly less i think, but its still laggy when i get over 2 stars on me, or just some moderate activity going on, i've also tryed putting the draw distance all the way down (the draw distance doesnt seem to make a differance when all the way up or down anyway) that doesnt do anything, i also tryed lowering the screen resolution, and it hasnt worked, but non of this is working, and i shouldnt even have todo this, it should run smoothly with everything on the highest settings, does anyone know of anything else i could do?
Will i have this trouble with Vice City on the P.C? if i do am not gunna bother buying it.

Would an extra 1gb of ram make any differance?

This post has been edited by Flea: Jan 17 2009, 04:27 PM

--------------------

Compliments to Van Hel Singh

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Psy
post Jan 18 2009, 05:57 PM
Post #2

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
XBL Gamertag: Psyware
PSN Name: Psycopsy
Xfire Identity: Psyware

Is there not a patch for the game that you might want to install? I think there is one, but it's years since I played GTA3.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Flea
post Jan 19 2009, 01:49 PM
Post #3

Nobody Special

I've got the patch aswell, nothing at all is working, mabe its just GTA 3 itself thats the problem, or mabe it has something todo the vista service pack 1.....

Is it possible that it could be the p.c is getting t hot, if i got another fan would that help? where would i put the 2nd fan if i did?

This post has been edited by Flea: Jan 19 2009, 03:11 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Psy
post Jan 19 2009, 08:56 PM
Post #4

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
XBL Gamertag: Psyware
PSN Name: Psycopsy
Xfire Identity: Psyware

The game's pretty old, and sometimes, believe it or not, your pc can actually be too powerful for the game, although I think GTA3 should be fine. Do you have stuff like v-sync turned off in the menu? Not really sure what it could be though. All I could suggest is to update all your drivers for sound card, direct x, graphics card, etc. If that doesn't work then I have no idea.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Flea
post Jan 19 2009, 09:32 PM
Post #5

Nobody Special

v-sinc? u mean frame sync? ill try turning it off if it is frame sinc that your talking about, if this doesnt work i think the only thing todo is try adding another fan, or just making sure the p.c is cool.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
FailSafe
post Mar 2 2009, 03:41 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 11,952

Put frame limiter on.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 03:53 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4