Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GTA V PS3 exclusive??, Mega-rumor
1UP
post Jan 22 2009, 04:28 PM
Post #21

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 738

QUOTE(Advocate of Destruction @ Jan 21 2009, 04:54 PM) [snapback]1480071[/snapback]
for the 360's DLC Microsoft had to pay a hell of a lot of money As a Ps3 owner i wish Sony would do the same

Any company with that much money to blow will, Microsoft is probably looking to create a monopoly in gaming as much as they can, right now they are the only ones that can do it, Sony is being very careful of what they do. This is why I keep saying Microsoft paying 50 million for exclusives like this is a horrible thing for all gamers, the lack of competition will dumb down games if one becomes far to popular, sort of like Intel and AMD processors, Intel has such a difference that they can charge twice the price and still make huge amounts of sales and dominate the market. All it does it hurt us the consumers.

--------------------
eVeRytHinG Is As iT ShoULd bE

FaLlS aPArT
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jan 23 2009, 05:12 PM
Post #22

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE(DonJuan @ Jan 20 2009, 12:42 AM) [snapback]1479727[/snapback]
I did some reaserch on LA noire and some topics say its no longer ps3 exclusive because sony has stop funding it!!??
that phil harrison and the team bondi head wear hating on each other.
here is the source... http://www.lanoire.net

There is no confirmation on this (at least i don't think so) and the source is a year old and not so credible.
so i don't know what to belive!
unsure.gif

Lots of rumors of that. If they are making a game thats really trying to push the PS3 the 360 wont be able to run it and have to have a dumbed down version. If that happend I really don't care if it does come for the 360. As long as the PS3 version isn't limited and it bees all it can be.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
blnk182fan18
post Feb 25 2009, 07:24 PM
Post #23

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,694

lets all pray this "almost orgasmic rumor" becomes reality ... why should potential to be best game ever be instantly erased by the low capabilities of ... xbox...
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Feb 25 2009, 07:43 PM
Post #24

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

I smell a console war debate rapidly approaching.

As far as i'm concerned, no one knows what's planned for the next GTA, except the top execs at R*, although i'd imagine R* North would have dedicated a small team to do some field research for the next game while the rest of the team work on the next DLC and patches for the current version. All we can go on is speculation, the merest hint of some underlying context hidden between the lines in interviews with the developers, although they remain purposely ambiguous so as to keep us guessing. We read into it what we will, some people like to read between the lines and invent their own truths, make up their own ideals and envision their fantastical ideas of what the next game might be like.

(Although saying that, work on the next game has probably begun already.)

I hope I made myself clear and enunciated my points concisely. *cough*

[/aimless rambling]

This post has been edited by ViceMan: Feb 25 2009, 07:44 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 25 2009, 08:05 PM
Post #25

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE(ViceMan @ Feb 25 2009, 02:43 PM) [snapback]1486939[/snapback]
I hope I made myself clear and enunciated my points concisely.

Applauds.
Achievements

+Quote Post
1UP
post Feb 25 2009, 11:36 PM
Post #26

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(ViceMan @ Feb 25 2009, 03:43 PM) [snapback]1486939[/snapback]
I smell a console war debate rapidly approaching.

As far as i'm concerned, no one knows what's planned for the next GTA, except the top execs at R*, although i'd imagine R* North would have dedicated a small team to do some field research for the next game while the rest of the team work on the next DLC and patches for the current version. All we can go on is speculation, the merest hint of some underlying context hidden between the lines in interviews with the developers, although they remain purposely ambiguous so as to keep us guessing. We read into it what we will, some people like to read between the lines and invent their own truths, make up their own ideals and envision their fantastical ideas of what the next game might be like.

(Although saying that, work on the next game has probably begun already.)

I hope I made myself clear and enunciated my points concisely. *cough*

[/aimless rambling]

Most people on here were thinking me posting interviews with Dan Houser was pointless. =\

I am betting they started work on the next GTA right after GTA IV launched last year in April, It would not take their whole team to make the DLC, if they did use the full team it wouldn't have taken 3 quarters of a year to make, or so that's what I think. tongue.gif

--------------------

FaLlS aPArT
Achievements

+Quote Post
The Awesome One
post Mar 1 2009, 10:30 AM
Post #27

Poshboy...

Member No.: 49,030
XBL Gamertag: the mighty moa

its just something ppl say 2 scare 360 owners,but i own 360,ps3 and pc,so im not bothered,but i do prefer the xbox.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Full Metal Monke...
post Mar 1 2009, 11:04 PM
Post #28

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,213

Slightly off topic

OP - You do realise one of the main reasons Sony are using Blu-Ray is because the architechture of the programming of PS3 games is so difficult that they need the space avaliable on a Blu-Ray disk.

Take Metal Gear Solid 4 for example. Takes up nearly the whole disk? And why? The compression rate. And also because they seem to love using unprocessed sound.

Not a flame at PS3 or you. But just stating they it won't be possible to get all of the original games (with the RAGE engine) on one disk. If it was a downloadable add-on then its fine but then its not on a disk.

Its like when people say that they want to be able to explore every single building etc. If Rockstar wanted to make that possible the game world would be considerably smaller and also take longer to develop.

Anyway, it would be nice but its just not possible.

As for PS3 exclusivity. I very much doubt it. Rockstar's main purpose isnt for making the biggest game world possible, its for creating quasi-believable crime dramas set in a factional city. And they can do that on both consoles regardless of its hardware specs.

Look at me using big words lol.

--------------------
Stunt Double for Nick Frost
Achievements

+Quote Post
1UP
post Mar 1 2009, 11:24 PM
Post #29

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Full Metal Monkey @ Mar 1 2009, 07:04 PM) [snapback]1487959[/snapback]
OP - You do realise one of the main reasons Sony are using Blu-Ray is because the architechture of the programming of PS3 games is so difficult that they need the space avaliable on a Blu-Ray disk.

Do YOU realize that your completely wrong?

From what I see, your saying because it's more difficult to code it takes up more space and that's why Sony used blue-ray? If so, that is one of the worse conclusions someone could draw, MGS4 was made that way on purpose, Hideo expressed how he fault compressing files, mainly audio takes away from the quality, and he was very right. It would seem your confused at how it works.

A good example is how GTA IV takes nearly the same amount of space on blue-ray as it does on HD DVD, because they didn't try a shady port and made the games separate, the PS3 version was slightly more stable, however such a small margin no one would notice, they were both identical with slight color variation.

--------------------

FaLlS aPArT
Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th November 2014 - 11:09 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4