> GTA V PS3 exclusive??, Mega-rumor
TheAnalogKid2112
post Jan 8 2009, 03:02 AM
Post #1

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

Well this would be a megaton. Rumors are starting to circulate that GTA V will be a PS3 exclusive since Rockstar wants to include every map from previous Grand Theft Auto games for an epic MMO component. Apparently Rockstar feels that with the PS3 install base at 16million+ and growing even stronger, along with the PS3 blu-ray advantage for massive content storage, they would benefit from focusing solely on the PS3. Well perhaps this is the Rockstar exclusive that has been conformed to exist!

http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/?p=571
Washington (dbTechno) - According to reports, all future games from Rockstar beyond Grand Theft Auto IV will be exclusive to the PS3. GTA IV is slated to release in April on the Xbox 360 and PS3, but that may be all the love Xbox 360 owners get from Rockstar.

They stated in a report in Play Magazine “The game is both PS3 and 360, but Rockstar has suggested that all further game development is going to be PS3 exclusive.”

This has led many to believe that Rockstar is planning to once again be an exclusive developer for the Sony camp with all future games.

This is still a rumor at this point, but it is definitely something to take under consideration.

Rockstar putting out the past Grand Theft Auto releases on the PS2 gave the Sony console a huge advantage over the original Xbox console.

This has also led some to speculate that Sony has put together another deal with Rockstar to get all future Grand Theft Auto titles exclusive to the PS3, much like they had with the PS2.

Only time will tell, but it is interesting to say the least.

omgomgomgomgomgomgomg.

Of course, this is likely a rumor due to the source, but I would shit my pants if this were true and figured I'd post it.
GTA V + Blu-ray + all maps = Best game ever created by mankind.

This post has been edited by TheAnalogKid2112: Jan 8 2009, 03:02 AM

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Jan 8 2009, 03:24 AM
Post #2

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 14

QUOTE("The Article")
GTA IV is slated to release in April on the Xbox 360 and PS3,

why would you post a year old article. The rumors have been going around for a while, but i highly doubt Rockstar and Take two would be willing to cut their potential sales by HALF, even if it was to make a superior game.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Jan 8 2009, 05:23 AM
Post #3

lolololololol. My badd.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jan 8 2009, 09:05 AM
Post #4

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

We all know the word exclusive means nothing in gaming terms, Vice City and San Andreas were both PS2 exclusives - for about 6 months. It would be nice to see all the cities in their revamped next-gen form all together, but it would take years to develop and research, and to maintain a healthy profit margin R* have to release games consistently. Perhaps in a few years when all the next-gen GTAs have been released on PC some uber fanboy can release a mod with all the cities in it. It'd be a bugger to load though.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
1UP
post Jan 8 2009, 01:11 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 738

Agreed with ViceMan, more then likely all it means is that they are going back to how they used to do things. Release on Sony's console first then 6 months or so down the road a Xbox version is released. BTW Vice, making the cities is actually one of the easier parts to do when they already finished their formula, the predictable sense they will be reusing GTAIV formula... It's just a matter of what they want to do now.

You should have posted this like a year ago Analog, o well good conversation anyways. tongue.gif

--------------------
eVeRytHinG Is As iT ShoULd bE

FaLlS aPArT
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jan 8 2009, 02:45 PM
Post #6

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE(1UP @ Jan 8 2009, 01:11 PM) [snapback]1478134[/snapback]
BTW Vice, making the cities is actually one of the easier parts to do when they already finished their formula, the predictable sense they will be reusing GTAIV formula... It's just a matter of what they want to do now.

True I suppose, if R* did reuse their old cities they would've already done a lot of the work beforehand, photographing the real life cities, absorbing the local culture (or lack thereof) and such. But if these new cities are anywhere near the scale of LC or even larger, I think it would take a bit of time to get the layout right, everything has to be meticulously tweaked and retweaked to mesh together and form the city as a whole, if one small aspect of it is out of place the whole thing loses it's credibility.

IMO anyway.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Jan 8 2009, 03:21 PM
Post #7

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

QUOTE(Seether @ Jan 7 2009, 10:24 PM) [snapback]1478094[/snapback]
why would you post a year old article...

I thought it was an update of a year old article until it said "GTA IV is slated to release in April". Now I am just disappointed in the OP.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Jan 8 2009, 10:19 PM
Post #8

For the record, I don't care if it's exclusive or not. I think exclusives are extremely selfish for consoles to do. The more, the merrier.
I just quoted the article. I got the thing doing a Google search. I didn't look at the date. I should have wore flame retardent.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
reform
post Jan 9 2009, 04:58 PM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,934

PS3 would have the advantage as far as making the game huge but I think R* will always go multi-platform so they can make twice as much money.

This post has been edited by reform: Jan 9 2009, 08:04 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jan 9 2009, 06:41 PM
Post #10

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE(reform @ Jan 9 2009, 04:58 PM) [snapback]1478304[/snapback]
PS3 would have the advantage as far as making the game huge but I think R* will always go multi-platform so they an make twice as much money.

Unfortunately i'd have to agree, any company would choose profits over scope, even R*. Can't say I blame them though.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
BioSphere
post Jan 10 2009, 02:23 PM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 39,882

It wont be a ps3 exclusive. They can make multiple discs for the 360 version if it wont fit on it's discs. but you never know. They made Lost and the damned a 360 exclusive but they were paid for it. I bet if sony paid them enough they would make the next gta a ps3 exlusive. but it wont happen.

I wouldn't want every map from previous gta's. it wouldnt make sense. but it would be kinda cool to have to fly to Vice city for a misson and fly back to do other ones. Its pretty much never gonna happen.

This post has been edited by BioSphere: Jan 10 2009, 02:30 PM

--------------------
GTA IV - 100% Completed
Achievements

+Quote Post
1UP
post Jan 10 2009, 03:04 PM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(ViceMan @ Jan 8 2009, 10:45 AM) [snapback]1478144[/snapback]
QUOTE(1UP @ Jan 8 2009, 01:11 PM) [snapback]1478134[/snapback]
BTW Vice, making the cities is actually one of the easier parts to do when they already finished their formula, the predictable sense they will be reusing GTAIV formula... It's just a matter of what they want to do now.

True I suppose, if R* did reuse their old cities they would've already done a lot of the work beforehand, photographing the real life cities, absorbing the local culture (or lack thereof) and such. But if these new cities are anywhere near the scale of LC or even larger, I think it would take a bit of time to get the layout right, everything has to be meticulously tweaked and retweaked to mesh together and form the city as a whole, if one small aspect of it is out of place the whole thing loses it's credibility.

IMO anyway.

Well I suppose I should have said that the task of making the game in general will be much easier now. Most Dev's usually make tools to make things easier, given they are going to be using the same tools and formula (Maturing the tech as they go), I would think the task of making the cities better and larger would be much easier. Involving themselves in the culture of the city's and getting photo's ect... Shouldn't take very long.

QUOTE(BioSphere @ Jan 8 2009, 10:45 AM) [snapback]1478144[/snapback]
It wont be a ps3 exclusive. They can make multiple discs for the 360 version if it wont fit on it's discs. but you never know. They made Lost and the damned a 360 exclusive but they were paid for it. I bet if sony paid them enough they would make the next gta a ps3 exlusive. but it wont happen.

I wouldn't want every map from previous gta's. it wouldnt make sense. but it would be kinda cool to have to fly to Vice city for a misson and fly back to do other ones. Its pretty much never gonna happen.

I disagree actually, the only way they would make it multi disk is if they managed to save space by putting online aspects of the game on it's own disk, city and all. Otherwise it would be to big of an annoyance. What they will probably do is just keep to the guidelines of the 360 instead of spending time and money on fitting it onto multiple 360 disks. However much data the 360 disks can hold will likely be the threshold of space GTA's use this generation.

I wouldn't be surprised if they came to a compromise of combining cities, for example they could do Miami (Vice City), and New Orleans ect. After all Liberty City this time wasn't completely based off New York, but most of it was. As for Rockstar being Paid off again... I bet we haven't seen the end of shady deals like that, which don't benefit gamers.

--------------------

FaLlS aPArT
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jan 17 2009, 10:44 PM
Post #13

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE(1UP @ Jan 10 2009, 10:04 AM) [snapback]1478407[/snapback]
I disagree actually, the only way they would make it multi disk is if they managed to save space by putting online aspects of the game on it's own disk, city and all. Otherwise it would be to big of an annoyance. What they will probably do is just keep to the guidelines of the 360 instead of spending time and money on fitting it onto multiple 360 disks. However much data the 360 disks can hold will likely be the threshold of space GTA's use this generation.

It sucks that you are right. I have heard many times that R* is working on a PS3 exclusive project and will push the limits of PS3. I believe they are talking about LA Noire which as it stands right now, IS PS3 exclusive.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
1UP
post Jan 18 2009, 05:18 AM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Ayreon @ Jan 17 2009, 06:44 PM) [snapback]1479278[/snapback]
QUOTE(1UP @ Jan 10 2009, 10:04 AM) [snapback]1478407[/snapback]

It sucks that you are right. I have heard many times that R* is working on a PS3 exclusive project and will push the limits of PS3. I believe they are talking about LA Noire which as it stands right now, IS PS3 exclusive.

Well there is good news however about it all. They can likely save large amounts of space this time because they know how to code the formula better now. I don't think it will be all that bad keeping to 360 limits. I however do wonder if San Andreas scope of content would be possible without dumbing down the 360 version. I am not entirely sure how much space they have to stretch. I believe it's around 2 gigabyte. Leaving 1 gig open I think to help it from getting damaged. So they probably can push to 1.5 gigs more of data on the 360 disk.

Yeah probably LA Noire, think they said it was a new franchise. Also heard that game has a big budget. Either way should be good.

--------------------

FaLlS aPArT
Achievements

+Quote Post
angeal18
post Jan 18 2009, 08:45 PM
Post #15

Litterer

Member No.: 42,256

It would be a stupid choice by Rockstar to do a exclusive. They would lose half of the money they made on GTA 4.
Achievements

+Quote Post
SirPsychoSexy
post Jan 18 2009, 10:08 PM
Post #16

Nobody Special

Member No.: 39,224

It would suck since I have a 360. Though I hope the DLC packs will come to both PS3 and PC aswell. This "Exclusive" thing is just stupid!

--------------------
Even the doorbell knows how smart I am, cool house man!
Achievements

+Quote Post
1UP
post Jan 19 2009, 09:23 AM
Post #17

Upstanding Citizen

I don't think you guys should worry, the worse that will happen is that it becomes PS3 exclusive for about 6 months then comes to 360, somewhat like they did last generation. This isn't some small franchise, its always been for everyone but Nintendo. =)

--------------------

FaLlS aPArT
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jan 20 2009, 03:46 AM
Post #18

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE(1UP @ Jan 18 2009, 12:18 AM) [snapback]1479320[/snapback]
Yeah probably LA Noire, think they said it was a new franchise. Also heard that game has a big budget. Either way should be good.

I was reading somewhere that LA Noire is predicted to do to PS3 what GTA III did for PS2.

And the budget is fucking HUGE. Right now its at an estimated $100 million.

This post has been edited by TheAnalogKid2112.: Jan 20 2009, 03:48 AM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DonJuan
post Jan 20 2009, 05:42 AM
Post #19

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 40,948

I did some reaserch on LA noire and some topics say its no longer ps3 exclusive because sony has stop funding it!!??
that phil harrison and the team bondi head wear hating on each other.
here is the source... http://www.lanoire.net

There is no confirmation on this (at least i don't think so) and the source is a year old and not so credible.
so i don't know what to belive!
unsure.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
Advocate of Dest...
post Jan 21 2009, 08:54 PM
Post #20

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 47,178

for the 360's DLC Microsoft had to pay a hell of a lot of money As a Ps3 owner i wish Sony would do the same
Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2014 - 04:33 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4