> Chinatown Wars 'Far Bigger' than Older PSP GTA Games
OptimumPx
post Dec 28 2008, 05:44 PM
Post #1

Basket Case
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,168

In the newest issue of Nintendo Power contains an interview with the President of Rockstar Leeds, Gordon Hall. As most of you know Rockstar Leeds is the studio which developed the two PSP GTA games.

QUOTE(Gordon Hall)
Chinatown Wars is much bigger than anything we have ever done before: more odd jobs, deeper missions, and more moments of over-the-top action. We have a huge interaction with the Rockstar Social Club, a massive game that would stand alone on its own. The list goes on and on; this thing is huge. We are very proud of all of the PSP games we have made, especially the two GTA games, but this game is far bigger.

Chinatown Wars will be released on March 17, one month after GTA IV's DLC episode The Lost and Damned on the Xbox 360.

--------------------
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Dec 28 2008, 07:43 PM
Post #2

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

Damn, that's too bad for me. I don't have a DS. I wish it was for PSP as well. They should make it on all platforms like they did with the "_____ _____ Stories" ones. sad.gif

This post has been edited by TheAnalogKid2112: Dec 28 2008, 07:43 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Dec 28 2008, 08:47 PM
Post #3

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 1,564

What exactly does "far bigger" mean?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
trathen93
post Dec 29 2008, 12:22 AM
Post #4

LFC

Member No.: 39,835
PSN Name: trathen

QUOTE(Ayreon @ Dec 28 2008, 08:47 PM) [snapback]1476971[/snapback]

exactly. you never know what this means. does it mean that the island is bigger or does it just mean theres more stuff to do?
give us a hint rockstar

--------------------

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Achievements

+Quote Post
OptimumPx
post Dec 29 2008, 12:40 AM
Post #5

Basket Case
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,168

QUOTE(trathen @ Dec 28 2008, 07:22 PM) [snapback]1477006[/snapback]
QUOTE(Ayreon @ Dec 28 2008, 08:47 PM) [snapback]1476971[/snapback]

exactly. you never know what this means. does it mean that the island is bigger or does it just mean theres more stuff to do?
give us a hint rockstar

It says what they mean in the article.
QUOTE(Gordon Hall)
Chinatown Wars is much bigger than anything we have ever done before: more odd jobs, deeper missions, and more moments of over-the-top action.

--------------------
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Dec 29 2008, 04:48 AM
Post #6

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

QUOTE(OptimumPx @ Dec 28 2008, 06:40 PM) [snapback]1477007[/snapback]
QUOTE(Gordon Hall)
Chinatown Wars is much bigger than anything we have ever done before: more odd jobs, deeper missions, and more moments of over-the-top action.

Why do they do cool shit for the Handheld systems?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Dec 29 2008, 04:29 PM
Post #7

Goon
Group Icon

Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

Well, the DS has some cool shit most other systems don't have excluding the Wii. I realized this from playing Phantom Hourglass on my lil bro's DS. Beside, the Nintendo market is booming much more than the PSP market. There were twice as many DS's sold than PSP's for 2008 alone. It seems like a smart choice.

Plus, this means I'll be able to play the new GTA handheld which is great considering I haven't been able to play any of the "... Stories."

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Dec 30 2008, 12:05 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

True, it will certainly be bigger in terms of sales because the number of DSs sold you can't go wrong. People said that the game will flop and "OMY WHY ON DS THIS IS BVULLSHIT!!!??!?!111!@4"" but it really is a good move. Not to mention all the controversy its going to get when soccer moms that bought their 5 year olds the game see them playing it.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Seeen
post Dec 30 2008, 07:54 AM
Post #9

Vandal

Member No.: 5,816
PSN Name: SeeenRulez

More odd jobs? Are we gonna have to deliver mail now? Do the dishes?

Haha, as lame as it sounds it'd probably be fun. DSs are cool.
Achievements

+Quote Post
racer123246
post Dec 30 2008, 10:13 PM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 42,330

QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Dec 28 2008, 02:43 PM) [snapback]1476960[/snapback]
Damn, that's too bad for me. I don't have a DS. I wish it was for PSP as well. They should make it on all platforms like they did with the "_____ _____ Stories" ones. sad.gif

They're making it on DS for something different. If it was for every system, that would take that 'special' feeling from it.

Though, if they made it for the Wii, it would be more fun. But still. They will only have it on DS because they have every game for PC, most games for the Playstation series, and xbox. So apparently they wanted to try something different and give Nintendo a chance.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Dec 31 2008, 04:32 AM
Post #11

Goon
Group Icon

I'm looking forward to it. If any GTA game was ever made for Wii I would hope it would be a remake of an old game just with a new engine, interface, controls, the works. I would buy that shit up. Especially Vice City. Yeah, that's the one I'd like to see.

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Dec 31 2008, 06:06 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE(punxtr @ Dec 30 2008, 11:32 PM) [snapback]1477231[/snapback]
I'm looking forward to it. If any GTA game was ever made for Wii I would hope it would be a remake of an old game just with a new engine, interface, controls, the works. I would buy that shit up. Especially Vice City. Yeah, that's the one I'd like to see.

Wouldn't be a complete remake. Probably something along the lines of VCS and LCS. Similar map with changes, new storyline.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Dec 31 2008, 03:38 PM
Post #13

Goon
Group Icon

Well, I wouldn't mind if it was the same though. Vice City could fit onto a DS I'm sure. Full map and everything.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
werewolf23
post Jan 7 2009, 02:14 PM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 40,932

Isn't that what they said about GTA4? 'Bigger, better, way more stuff to do...'
We all know how that one turned out... Better graphics, but WAY less stuff to do.
Maybe on the DS, after letting so many paying customers and fans down, they'll actually come through.
Of course, it's on another system, though, so extra handheld devices will be bought and sold.
Have to be, if you want to play it... It's an 'exclusive', afterall.
Until they release it later on a system you already had.

Same as the downloadable content... Watch, there'll be features that should have been in the original.
They just wanted to squeeze a ton of extra money out of us.
Exclusive to xbox, but, for how long?

Anyone heard yet when/if the download stuff will come out on disc?
Sure it will, sooner than later.
Why lose out on that much extra profit?

At least the PSP graphics were pretty much the same as a PS2 game.
The DS screen shots look like the original PS1 games.
A big step backwards.

Besides, isn't the DS mostly for little kids?
How moral is it to sell a game simulating drug deals and murder and etc. to little kids?

Oh yeah, we 'grown ups' are supposed to go run out and buy a brand new DS.
Wonder how much Rockstar gets off of every one? Kickbacks and all...

Ever wonder why the GTA games center on crooks and criminals? Folks who are only after dollars?
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, right?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Scrapper1
post Jan 7 2009, 10:57 PM
Post #15

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,540

do you guys think that they will release this game for other systems or sell it on xbox live ?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mekstizzle
post Jan 7 2009, 11:01 PM
Post #16

Nobody Special
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,717

Well I think that's bullshit really. In terms of content, like the map size, vehicles graphics/sound etc.. there's no way it could be bigger than the PSP with it's 1.6GB UMD. I don't know how big these Nintendo Cartridges are, but they're not that big.

I haven't seen what this game looks like, is it really competing with the PSP GTA games?

Wait. It's a top down view game, but it's in 3D. And it's the same map as GTA4 except no Alderny (3rd Island)

Pretty impressive

This post has been edited by Mekstizzle: Jan 7 2009, 11:02 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2014 - 04:39 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4