Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Terminator Salvation
NIGGALICIOUS
post Dec 22 2008, 04:40 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,628

The premise of Arnie's involvement is to have a fully rendered digital face of Arnie replacing the recently cast Roland Kickinger (The Younger version of Arnie). It seems the Director Mc G will in no doubt try all he can to ensure the Governator has some sort of involvement and as a result Arnold was on set providing key ADR (Voice over) for the visual effects guys to reference during post production...."

Christain Bale as John Connor

Big Budget

Schwarzenegger

Sam Worthington

It will be a hit if it is good or not

--------------------
KKK
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
PCGamer
post Dec 22 2008, 05:23 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 42,846

QUOTE(Phil Mipe Enos @ Dec 22 2008, 04:40 PM) [snapback]1476134[/snapback]
The premise of Arnie's involvement is to have a fully rendered digital face of Arnie replacing the recently cast Roland Kickinger (The Younger version of Arnie). It seems the Director Mc G will in no doubt try all he can to ensure the Governator has some sort of involvement and as a result Arnold was on set providing key ADR (Voice over) for the visual effects guys to reference during post production...."

Big Budget

Schwarzenegger

Sam Worthington

Terminator 2 is my fav,
Achievements

+Quote Post
NIGGALICIOUS
post Dec 22 2008, 07:14 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(PCGamer @ Dec 22 2008, 05:23 PM) [snapback]1476140[/snapback]
QUOTE(Phil Mipe Enos @ Dec 22 2008, 04:40 PM) [snapback]1476134[/snapback]

Big Budget

Schwarzenegger

Sam Worthington

Terminator 2 is my fav,

Same here. I don't see Terminator Salvation being any better than the 1st 3 but we will see.

--------------------
KKK
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Dec 23 2008, 02:05 AM
Post #4

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 262

for some reason, after watching the trailers, i didn't really get the Terminator vibe from this movie .... it juts seems a little different, but I'll see i guess.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
scarface1616
post Dec 23 2008, 02:40 AM
Post #5

Nobody Special

Member No.: 67

QUOTE(X_ENVi3-_- @ Dec 22 2008, 09:05 PM) [snapback]1476184[/snapback]
for some reason, after watching the trailers, i didn't really get the Terminator vibe from this movie .... it juts seems a little different, but I'll see i guess.

Ya, but I think thats because this one is going to be during the war against the machines. The other three movies are John and his mother running from an assassin with a protector. This movie is just all out war.

--------------------

Pyro=sig Selpy=avatar
GTA-Four.net Go here now
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Dec 23 2008, 04:19 PM
Post #6

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

It will be good, but remember when you first saw T2? There is NO WAY this will top T2 in any way, shape or form.

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait. I just can't take all this blasphemy.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Handsome B Wonde...
post Dec 25 2008, 08:17 AM
Post #7

Jesus Christ Monkeyballs!

Member No.: 5,644

it's gotta be better than T3, at least. Nick Stahl made John Connor an even whinier bitch than Ed Furlong did, and that's saying something.

Christian Bale will rocketh thy world. Hopefully.

--------------------
I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time - and this includes naps - I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.
Charlie Sheen
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Dec 26 2008, 01:44 AM
Post #8

Goon
Group Icon

Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

This movie cannot not entertain. Although T2 is the best, T3 is still very interesting. T1 is a cult classic, but it is embarrassing to watch today.

Chris Bale sounds okay. Who are they casting for his wife?

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
Sharpie Fetish
post Dec 28 2008, 09:08 PM
Post #9

Litterer
Group Icon

Member No.: 34,595

Arnie isnt in this one due to his responsabilities as Governor of California.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Dec 31 2008, 03:41 PM
Post #10

Goon
Group Icon

Which he isn't doing a bad job at, except hating on homosexuals. Leave them alone mang...

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
NIGGALICIOUS
post Jan 4 2009, 02:13 PM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(punxtr @ Dec 26 2008, 01:44 AM) [snapback]1476625[/snapback]
This movie cannot not entertain. Although T2 is the best, T3 is still very interesting. T1 is a cult classic, but it is embarrassing to watch today.

Chris Bale sounds okay. Who are they casting for his wife?

Roland Kickinger is playing the T-800 model 101 from the 1st Terminator movie, Arnold is doing viceover and Kickingers face will be replaced by young Arnold from T1. So technically he wont be in the movie. But you will hear his voice and see his face.

--------------------
KKK
Achievements

+Quote Post
Flea
post Jan 9 2009, 12:43 AM
Post #12

Nobody Special

Member No.: 130

Crazy, i wounder how the finished effect will look, if it will actually look like arnie. The trailers looks very promising i think, they are trying to re-invent the Terminator franchise this time, with T3 they just did the samething that was already done in T2 more or less, does anyone know if it is the same director from T3 or a new one? judging from the look of the trailers am guessing a new one. T1 is a really good film, but because of how old it is, the effects mainly, it kinda spoils it when u watch it now, but the story still holds, T2 is still an amazing film to this day and i doubt there will be a better Terminator film, T3 was ok,, although it didnt do anything new and was quite close as passing as a disney film, the ending was good, the guy chosen to play John Conner was a joke, and they killed off Sarah Conner!
T4 looks like it could be really good, am liken Christine Bail as John Conner.

--------------------

Compliments to Van Hel Singh

Achievements

+Quote Post
Full Metal Monke...
post Feb 26 2009, 08:18 PM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,213

Same here. I don't see Terminator Salvation being any better than the 1st 3 but we will see.

Anything will be better than Rise of the Machines. Its the reason why their making The Sarah Conner Chronicles. It retcons Terminator 3.

As for Salvation...I will probably see it but since Terminator 3 the series has lost its credability. Making an originally 18 rated film and turning it into either a 12A or 15 just so a larger demographic can see it is bollox. They should make the film as they see fit without restraints like the first two.

Judgement Day was a huge gamble as the first film was a low budget film (cost somewhere around $6million). And so didn't worry about what rating it would recieve as it didn't think it would be a huge film. It wasn't. But its earn cult classic status.
Whereas Judgement Day cost around 3 times the amount of money to make compaired to the original had made in sales. But to earn that money back (around 100million) they need a larger demographic so have to make the film more accessable. Therefore be less violent, less swearing etc.

Still im rambling.

I know for a fact Salvation is going to be better than Rise of the Machines but i don't think it will beat the first two. Heres hoping.

--------------------
Stunt Double for Nick Frost
Achievements

+Quote Post
Handsome B Wonde...
post Feb 28 2009, 05:29 AM
Post #14

Jesus Christ Monkeyballs!

Member No.: 5,644

ewwww...The Sarah Conner Chronicles. I stopped watching after 4 episodes. It was like the oc with robots.

I hope they edit Christian Bale's rant, and put it in the movie. I can see it now.

John Connor dodges a H-K's missile.

"you fucking missed me, you fucking amatuer"

--------------------
I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time - and this includes naps - I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.
Charlie Sheen
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Mar 1 2009, 04:36 AM
Post #15

Goon
Group Icon

^Funny.

Much hope for this movie.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Mar 10 2009, 02:06 PM
Post #16

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

Saw the preview last night, looks pretty fucking awesome. I had my doubts, but I will definitely be seeing this.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 24 2009, 04:26 PM
Post #17

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

i saw this and, it was ok... i was looking forward to this but, it fell just a bit short of my expectations... it was still good and brought some life back to the terminator franchise but, it just felt like it was missing something... not really sure what that is though... bale was alright as connor but, sam wothington was excellent as marcus... he by far stole the movie from everybody... and the young kyle reese was good in his scenes too... both of these actors stole the show from christian bale, which is a shame because john connor is by far the most important character... and there wasn't any substance to christian bale's marriage to bryce dallas howard so, that storyline felt really really flat...

and there wasn't much in the way to bridging the history of the previous movies... maybe they're saving that for the 2 movies to follow but, kyle reese was the only storyline that came from the previous movies...

personally, i was looking forward to this movie the most but, it turns out that star trek was a lot better than terminator salvation... i'll still watch the next two movies because, it's shaping up to be a decent series... but, star trek is heading off into an exciting direction and i can't wait to see more of those biggrin.gif...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post May 27 2009, 02:25 AM
Post #18

Goon
Group Icon

I really enjoyed T4 mainly because, for once, there was a lot more interaction via warfare albeit however small. I used to think the war that commenced after judgment day was similar in the vein of WW2. But it makes more sense the way Salvation showed it. I saw it in DLP/IMAX experience... those fucking industrial noises from the bots were insanely good sounding. Nothing cheesy at all, it sounded evil and calculated.

My only gripe is when Skynet talked to Marcus telling him the same bullshit about him truly being something else bla blah, and then of course he rebels against his programming = human, etc... perhaps it isn't that it's implausible, just that it was done too technically. Like a deus ex machina.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post May 27 2009, 03:24 AM
Post #19

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

I thought this movie was awesome.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post May 27 2009, 05:34 AM
Post #20

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Member No.: 262

anyone else think that T-600 that was keeping guard so people don't escape by climbing over the fence was going for the Pirate look with that rag? lol

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 02:48 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4