Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Game Won't Register 50/50 Stunt Jumps
Seano
post Dec 7 2008, 01:38 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 44,757

I have completed all stunt jumps twice now, yet the stats keep saying only 49/50 have been completed. I was very careful to complete all 50 jumps the second time round, using a map to check them off as I go.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there something I can do to fix it?

This post has been edited by Seano: Dec 7 2008, 10:36 PM

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
1UP
post Dec 7 2008, 03:33 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 738

You may be doing the same jump twice then thinking they were two different jumps, this happen in San Andreas when two stunt jumps crisscrossed or were near each other. Basically it means it registered the wrong jump. I don't know if this is whats happening with you, but it is just something that can be overlooked. Only way to fix that is doing the jump till you hit it perfectly like the game wants. You could go do all the jumps only crossing out the ones with no nearby stunt jumps, then just do the close together stunt jumps till you find the problem jump (just an idea).

Another is, maybe you did a jump and simply didn't get it right, slow-mo, landed, get some stats but no confirmation of a stunt jump. I forget what it shows when you get it and don't get it, but it is a possibility.

Lastly, if it is the game glitching the one way to find out if it is jumps not registering when it should is get a save file with zero of the jumps completed, or as little completed as possible, checking after each jump completion to see if it registered (Yes checking after every one). That way you could determine exactly what one is not registering. If it is a one time glitch on your particular save file, then there is no way to actually know if your doing something wrong, or the game.

There is no real way of knowing whats wrong here, oversight, glitch, ect... So the things I said are the best I can think of to help your situation.

--------------------
eVeRytHinG Is As iT ShoULd bE

FaLlS aPArT
Achievements

+Quote Post
FuddMan
post Dec 7 2008, 05:30 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,351

Remember that a couple of the jumps are placed just after another one. The broken bridge in Bohan has two jumps in a row iirc, and there's one with three in a row somewhere in Broker.

--------------------
QUOTE (Psy)
Well, I must be honest, I do occasionally have the odd night off where I stick my fingers in as many pussy's as I can
php stands for psy humping pussy

zomg it's DuffMan's clone.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Seano
post Dec 7 2008, 10:59 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Thanks for your input so far.

When I re-do the stunt jumps it says "stunt jump completed again" if I successfully hit the landing zone or it will say "not good enough, but you have already completed this stunt jump" if jump not landing properly. This suggests I have already completed those stunt jumps, so I don't know whats going on? I only checked off jumps on the map from this site once I was sure they were completed and took note of jumps being close together on map.

I might have to try what 1UP suggested and revert to a previous save game and try jumps again... although I don't think I have a save game with 0 jumps completed.

It's very frustrating... and even more so because the same thing has happened to me with the pigeons... only 199/200 registered... but that's another story sad.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
1UP
post Dec 7 2008, 11:23 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 738

QUOTE(Seano @ Dec 7 2008, 06:59 PM) [snapback]1474327[/snapback]
Thanks for your input so far.

When I re-do the stunt jumps it says "stunt jump completed again" if I successfully hit the landing zone or it will say "not good enough, but you have already completed this stunt jump" if jump not landing properly. This suggests I have already completed those stunt jumps, so I don't know whats going on? I only checked off jumps on the map from this site once I was sure they were completed and took note of jumps being close together on map.

I might have to try what 1UP suggested and revert to a previous save game and try jumps again... although I don't think I have a save game with 0 jumps completed.

It's very frustrating... and even more so because the same thing has happened to me with the pigeons... only 199/200 registered... but that's another story sad.gif

Pigeons are reasonable theirs a fuck lot of them, haven't bothered getting them myself yet.lol

Anyway you wont technically need to start from 0 jumps, what I am saying is try and get on a file where as few are done as possible, for example...
-10 / 50 jumps already completed
-Do an 11th jump
-check if it registered to 11 / 50 jumps
-check it off of the list of jumps and continue

If you did that an ended with 49 completed jumps, that means you have 11 possible jumps that may be the problem, if you kept track that means you just shortened your search to 11 specific jumps. Would cut down on how much time you would be spending looking for the right jump. I mean there are allot, out of that many it is easy to mess up somewhere. Doing this would allow you to minimize what jump you missed. Thought Id try and explain that better.

The hope with it is that you may come across a jump that didn't register or was difficult, so in your other save it would kind of be like jogging your memory maybe.

--------------------
eVeRytHinG Is As iT ShoULd bE

FaLlS aPArT
Achievements

+Quote Post
Seano
post Dec 8 2008, 01:45 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(1UP @ Dec 8 2008, 10:23 AM) [snapback]1474329[/snapback]
Anyway you wont technically need to start from 0 jumps, what I am saying is try and get on a file where as few are done as possible, for example...
-10 / 50 jumps already completed
-Do an 11th jump
-check if it registered to 11 / 50 jumps
-check it off of the list of jumps and continue

If you did that an ended with 49 completed jumps, that means you have 11 possible jumps that may be the problem, if you kept track that means you just shortened your search to 11 specific jumps. Would cut down on how much time you would be spending looking for the right jump. I mean there are allot, out of that many it is easy to mess up somewhere. Doing this would allow you to minimize what jump you missed. Thought Id try and explain that better.

The hope with it is that you may come across a jump that didn't register or was difficult, so in your other save it would kind of be like jogging your memory maybe.

Thanks, I will give that a try...

Oh, actually, I just remembered that I finished every stunt jump on each island before unlocking the next island... so to go back to a save game with hardly any jumps completed would also mean I have to re-do most of the main game to unlock the islands. This is sounding more and more like a PITA by the minute sad.gif

Maybe I will just revert to a save game before jumps on third island were attempted... or just be content with only ever having 49/50. Really want 100% completion though confused1.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
erdinger
post Feb 11 2009, 04:32 PM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 48,246

I also just ran into this problem, has anyone found an alternate solution? I don't have any backup save that I can go to to do the jumps again...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Feb 11 2009, 04:40 PM
Post #8

Get off my Planet

Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

I've had this problem for a while now. I'm 98.678594% sure I've completed all the jumps and I've re-done half so far. It say's I've found them all.
Achievements

+Quote Post
GeeRaY4x4
post Mar 11 2009, 02:49 AM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 49,130

i kept having this problem and it turned out it was the ones in north algonquin werent registering
Achievements

+Quote Post
Jasonhh
post Apr 5 2009, 04:58 AM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,428

If you are confusing mission I think you might be confused with 49 & 50 on the GTA4.TV map. They are both on the freeway and almost identical, except #50 is a real bitch. Hope I helped.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Karl0
post Apr 21 2009, 09:39 PM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 27,930

On a related note, how the HELL do you even get jumps to register? All Ive ever seen is "Not good enough", so wtf does it want?

--------------------
JT:"I encourage folks to read Psalm 35, a Psalm of David, which is brilliant in its entirety (since God Himself wrote it)"
Jack Thompson? I knew he was out of his mind, but this is fucking awesome. Shine on you crazy God Warrior!
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Apr 21 2009, 10:43 PM
Post #12

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

You have to land in a designated area. For some it's just the road beyond, others are picky. 49 and 50 are VERY picky.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Karl0
post Apr 22 2009, 01:01 PM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 27,930

Well then I just wont bother trying to get them, too much work, and Id much rather finish the game first.

--------------------
JT:"I encourage folks to read Psalm 35, a Psalm of David, which is brilliant in its entirety (since God Himself wrote it)"
Jack Thompson? I knew he was out of his mind, but this is fucking awesome. Shine on you crazy God Warrior!
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 02:31 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4