Reply to this topicStart new topic
> First PC Version Review
FuddMan
post Dec 1 2008, 12:49 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,351

Quick off the mark once again, Eurogamer has posted the first full review of the PC version of GTA IV. It mostly ignores what we've already seen of GTA IV from the console versions and instead focuses on what you can expect from the new features, such as the replay editor, 32-player multiplayer and much more.

A short summary for you tl;dr's:

"...a genuinely ground-breaking blockbuster in videogame history. There were moments playing GTA IV that I thought back to my initial experiences with games, and realised exactly how far we've come. There's never been anything quite like GTA IV in the world. That there makes me genuinely happy to be a gamer."

Read the full two-page article here.

--------------------
QUOTE (Psy)
Well, I must be honest, I do occasionally have the odd night off where I stick my fingers in as many pussy's as I can
php stands for psy humping pussy

zomg it's DuffMan's clone.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PCGamer
post Dec 1 2008, 01:45 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 42,846

QUOTE(DuffMan @ Dec 1 2008, 12:49 PM) [snapback]1473430[/snapback]
Quick off the mark once again, Eurogamer has posted the first full review of the PC version of GTA IV. It mostly ignores what we've already seen of GTA IV from the console versions and instead focuses on what you can expect from the new features, such as the replay editor, 32-player multiplayer and much more.

A short summary for you tl;dr's:

"...a genuinely ground-breaking blockbuster in videogame history. There were moments playing GTA IV that I thought back to my initial experiences with games, and realised exactly how far we've come. There's never been anything quite like GTA IV in the world. That there makes me genuinely happy to be a gamer."

Read the full two-page article here.

good review!!
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Dec 1 2008, 03:14 PM
Post #3

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

Great read. Shame my computer couldn't handle it sad.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
CygnusX
post Dec 1 2008, 04:36 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 9,344

Good read. The reviewer has a very good point with this:
One of the general criticisms of GTA IV is that it's abandoned the dumb-but-fun ground to the dizzily stooopid Saint's Row while chasing other priorities. If you consider that true, 32-player chaos totally puts that idiocy back in. Any time I played, I honestly didn't care whether I won or lost. By playing, I'd totally won.
This is very underappreciated and misunderstood among most people. It is one of GTA4's best selling points, if not the best.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
PCGamer
post Dec 1 2008, 06:05 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 42,846

QUOTE(CygnusX @ Dec 1 2008, 04:36 PM) [snapback]1473474[/snapback]
Good read. The reviewer has a very good point with this:
One of the general criticisms of GTA IV is that it's abandoned the dumb-but-fun ground to the dizzily stooopid Saint's Row while chasing other priorities. If you consider that true, 32-player chaos totally puts that idiocy back in. Any time I played, I honestly didn't care whether I won or lost. By playing, I'd totally won.
This is very underappreciated and misunderstood among most people. It is one of GTA4's best selling points, if not the best.

agree with u
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 11:57 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4