IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Xbox Experience, What do you think?
PabloHoneyOle
post Nov 20 2008, 02:16 PM
Post #1

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

Yesterday was the big rollout of the NXE on Xbox Live.

What are your opinions thus far?
What did you think about the avatars?
Did you find it easy to navigate?
Have you disconnected your xbox to avoid downloading it?

It only took me a couple of minutes to download, accept new terms, blah blah blah. Avatar setup was easy and painless, could have really done without it altogether; but mine's pretty spot on, except for the clothes. There seems to be alot of new features they are promoting that seem to clutter the blades; I don't give a shit about the latest downloads or netflix offers. I haven't saved any games to the HD yet, but I'm going to give it a shot with Fable 2 this week and see if it makes a real difference with load times.

All in all, it's not that big of a deal to me. No miraculous transformation that has totally changed my life.

The video that plays the first time you start it up kind of tripped me out, in a good way. I was pretty baked.

PS3 owners feel free to comment on how gay it is, even though you probably haven't seen it in person yet.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Nov 20 2008, 02:58 PM
Post #2

Jailbird
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 23,545

I really like it, something fresh and new. Wish it would load up my game automatically though, although there is probably an option somewhere.

--------------------
YES I don't play Xbox 360 anymore.

Add me on steam BITCHES. Pieface876
Achievements

+Quote Post
FuddMan
post Nov 20 2008, 03:03 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,351

I like it. Avatars are faggy but you don't see them much. I really like the new, better functioning guide and installing games to the hard drive to reduce drive and fan noise is a brilliant idea. The Marketplace is a complete mess though so it takes forever to find the thing you want to download, although that's probably where I'm so used to the old Marketplace layout.

QUOTE(Pieface @ Nov 20 2008, 03:58 PM) [snapback]1472231[/snapback]
I really like it, something fresh and new. Wish it would load up my game automatically though, although there is probably an option somewhere.

Yup, it's somewhere in the system settings.

--------------------
QUOTE (Psy)
Well, I must be honest, I do occasionally have the odd night off where I stick my fingers in as many pussy's as I can
php stands for psy humping pussy

zomg it's DuffMan's clone.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Nov 20 2008, 03:16 PM
Post #4

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE(what @ Nov 20 2008, 10:03 AM) [snapback]1472232[/snapback]
I like it. Avatars are fine gentlemangy but you don't see them much. I really like the new, better functioning guide and installing games to the hard drive to reduce drive and fan noise is a brilliant idea. The Marketplace is a complete mess though so it takes forever to find the thing you want to download, although that's probably where I'm so used to the old Marketplace layout.

QUOTE(Pieface @ Nov 20 2008, 03:58 PM) [snapback]1472231[/snapback]

Yup, it's somewhere in the system settings.

Have you loaded any games to your HD yet? I'm wondering about the size each game takes up. I'm still rocking the 20GB HD with about 11.6GB left after all the saved games and videos I have on there.

I had some issues with the Marketplace yesterday too, I couldn't find a demo or two.

I think it changed my settings as well where it won't load a disc initially as well...
Achievements

+Quote Post
FuddMan
post Nov 20 2008, 03:20 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,351

I installed Gears 2 and Orange Box. Gears takes up 6.8GB I think and OB uses 4.8GB, which leaves me with 1.3GB spare on my 20GB drive. I'll be removing OB soon though since I'm only renting it...

--------------------
QUOTE (Psy)
Well, I must be honest, I do occasionally have the odd night off where I stick my fingers in as many pussy's as I can
php stands for psy humping pussy

zomg it's DuffMan's clone.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Nov 20 2008, 05:58 PM
Post #6

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Nov 20 2008, 09:16 AM) [snapback]1472228[/snapback]
PS3 owners feel free to comment on how gay it is, even though you probably haven't seen it in person yet.

I wasn't going to but since I have permission. *shits on thread*

After watching this video I will comment. The opening was cool. Menus look good. I'd be disappointed about it having netflicks if I didn't get all the movies free from a dude at my dads work. The avatars aren't quite as gay and the Nintendo Mii's gayness, that's anus ravaging gayness rite tharr. But they are certainly more gay the the PS Home's gayness. Which IMO isn't too gay at all.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Nov 20 2008, 06:19 PM
Post #7

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE(Imaphatpimp @ Nov 20 2008, 12:58 PM) [snapback]1472247[/snapback]
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Nov 20 2008, 09:16 AM) [snapback]1472228[/snapback]

I wasn't going to but since I have permission. *shits on thread*

I didn't want to leave anyone out.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Indy
post Nov 20 2008, 07:16 PM
Post #8

Vandal

Member No.: 23,844

Yeah the avatars are gay. It feels like they just changed the xbox 360 to cater to all those 10 year olds.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 08:06 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4