IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> High School named after KKK founder decides to keep the name, even though more than half of their students are black
Marneyo Juano
post Nov 17 2008, 11:56 AM
Post #21

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,285

The Adolf Hitler College for Jewish studies.

--------------------
WhEe[/color][color="#ff0000"]SeIzUrE
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Nov 17 2008, 08:29 PM
Post #22

Scam Artist
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 15

A nice sentiment, but I've never been one for never forgetting. Never forgiving, it seems to me, makes more sense -- we've always remembered and are destined to repeat our mistakes in spite of that, so why continue with such a charade?

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
drive carfuly,because every secend a shrak can teleport itself to your car, and try to drive your car (if you have one) with shark in it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marneyo Juano
post Nov 17 2008, 10:31 PM
Post #23

Upstanding Citizen

Why the hell not? It still helps, those mistakes aren't repeated that often.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Nov 18 2008, 02:09 AM
Post #24

Scam Artist
Group Icon

QUOTE(Chris Benoit Stunt Double @ Nov 17 2008, 10:31 PM) [snapback]1471992[/snapback]
Why the hell not? It still helps, those mistakes aren't repeated that often.
They pretty well are. Forget the past and you're doomed to repeat it. But to most young people that means similar scenarios are OK; by some token Iraq is unlike imperial or religious wars that preceded it (take your pick, I'm not arguing Iraq itt), different standards are applied to America than to Britain 100 years ago, or Germany 60 (again, draw what you will from that, I'm not arguing how like or unlike America is to or from either, the point is the standards are different). The popular understanding of social and international history is near-useless in policy-making, formation of opinions or prevention of tragedy.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
drive carfuly,because every secend a shrak can teleport itself to your car, and try to drive your car (if you have one) with shark in it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marneyo Juano
post Nov 18 2008, 02:13 PM
Post #25

Upstanding Citizen

Alright, can't argue much about the situation in the US as I haven't studied about it's history or present, as I supposed you had, but at least you can keep the name as a memory of an outstanding warrior, no matter what side he was on, rather than something to keep history from repeating itself.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny 
post Nov 19 2008, 05:29 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 38,184

QUOTE(Chris Benoit Stunt Double @ Nov 19 2008, 01:13 AM) [snapback]1472055[/snapback]
Alright, can't argue much about the situation in the US as I haven't studied about it's history or present, as I supposed you had, but at least you can keep the name as a memory of an outstanding warrior, no matter what side he was on, rather than something to keep history from repeating itself.

As I've said before; Hitler and Stalin were both "outstanding warriors". Would you want to dedicate public buildings to them?

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Nov 19 2008, 05:32 AM
Post #27

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

QUOTE(Skinny. @ Nov 18 2008, 11:29 PM) [snapback]1472118[/snapback]
QUOTE(Chris Benoit Stunt Double @ Nov 19 2008, 01:13 AM) [snapback]1472055[/snapback]

As I've said before; Hitler and Stalin were both "outstanding warriors". Would you want to dedicate public buildings to them?

I wouldnt say they were warriors as they never stepped foot on the battlefield in the war they started.
Sure, Hitler fought in WWI, but he was a shitty soldier from what we know.

Where as the officers in the Civil War fought with their men.

This post has been edited by TwoFacedTanner: Nov 19 2008, 05:33 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny 
post Nov 19 2008, 05:41 AM
Post #28

QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Nov 19 2008, 04:32 PM) [snapback]1472119[/snapback]
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Nov 18 2008, 11:29 PM) [snapback]1472118[/snapback]

I wouldnt say they were warriors as they never stepped foot on the battlefield in the war they started.
Sure, Hitler fought in WWI, but he was a shitty soldier from what we know.

Where as the officers in the Civil War fought with their men.

So? He was a good strategist.

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Nov 19 2008, 06:13 AM
Post #29

Clepto

So?
Now you're changing it from "Outstanding warrior" to "Good strategist."
Sure people loved them some Hitler, and some Stalin.

And sure, NBF probably, erm, most likely terrorized blacks, but comparing him to Hitler and Stalin is wrong. He never murdered million of people like they did.

I just feel changing the name because of modern day political correctness is bullshit.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marneyo Juano
post Nov 19 2008, 01:17 PM
Post #30

Upstanding Citizen

exactly...it's getting all about political correctness, and the minorities are starting to get more power than the majority and everyone is acting like it's alright...
Also, Hitler and Stalin were the ones who brainwashed millions of people into their ideology, and led to war/mass murder. Naming a school after them is completely different than naming a school after a good warrior who fought on the field for what he believed in/was told to fight for.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Nov 19 2008, 06:41 PM
Post #31

Scam Artist
Group Icon

How the fuck do you even know he was a good warrior? Do you even know the slightest detail about him other than that he fought to keep slavery, and was an honourary KKK grand wizard?

His legacy in warfare appears to be, and I quote: "git thar fastest with the most men" and "war means fightin and fightin means killin".

He was hardly "following orders", or even fighting for his beliefs, though he did believe "niggers" ought to be "put back in their place". No, essentially he enlisted to help kill people and protect the massive fortune he had amassed by means of slave trading and gambling.

He was one of the greatest strategists in the American civil war, but he still lost because he overstretched himself, illusions of grandeur and over-belief in his own abilities and destiny the cause.

Hitler and his generals were the greatest strategists in the history of modern warfare. They lost because of over-belief in their own abilities and resulting illusions of grandeur.

Are we to suggest to children that ability supercedes what it's used for? That if you're good enough at something, you needn't control it with responsibility? That using what they've learned to kill and maim is not only excusable, but will lead to them becoming immortalised and praised for all time? That "following orders" is a reasonable excuse!?

Try reading a little before blindly condemning.

This post has been edited by Amarillo Suave: Nov 19 2008, 06:46 PM

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Nov 19 2008, 07:14 PM
Post #32

Clepto

QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Nov 19 2008, 12:41 PM) [snapback]1472169[/snapback]
How the fuck do you even know he was a good warrior? Do you even know the slightest detail about him other than that he fought to keep slavery, and was an honourary KKK grand wizard?

His legacy in warfare appears to be, and I quote: "git thar fastest with the most men" and "war means fightin and fightin means killin".

He was hardly "following orders", or even fighting for his beliefs, though he did believe "niggers" ought to be "put back in their place". No, essentially he enlisted to help kill people and protect the massive fortune he had amassed by means of slave trading and gambling.

He was one of the greatest strategists in the American civil war, but he still lost because he overstretched himself, illusions of grandeur and over-belief in his own abilities and destiny the cause.

Hitler and his generals were the greatest strategists in the history of modern warfare. They lost because of over-belief in their own abilities and resulting illusions of grandeur.

Are we to suggest to children that ability supercedes what it's used for? That if you're good enough at something, you needn't control it with responsibility? That using what they've learned to kill and maim is not only excusable, but will lead to them becoming immortalised and praised for all time? That "following orders" is a reasonable excuse!?

You know what, shit you're right.
I don't live in America, or specifically the south.
And I've never read anything, or was taught anything about him in school.

With that, I'm done with this.
Its obvious we have two different opinions, and I'm going to leave it at that.
You can have the final word if you want, but I'm done.

This post has been edited by TwoFacedTanner: Nov 19 2008, 07:19 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny 
post Nov 20 2008, 05:55 AM
Post #33

QUOTE(Chris Benoit Stunt Double @ Nov 20 2008, 12:17 AM) [snapback]1472138[/snapback]
exactly...it's getting all about political correctness, and the minorities are starting to get more power than the majority and everyone is acting like it's alright...
Also, Hitler and Stalin were the ones who brainwashed millions of people into their ideology, and led to war/mass murder. Naming a school after them is completely different than naming a school after a good warrior who fought on the field for what he believed in/was told to fight for.

Stalin bravely fought for what he believed was right (communism) as did Bin Laden (defeating the Russians, then for a world without infidels) as did many British military men in the 16-18 hundreds (killing aboriginals and native americans).

It really has fuck all to do with political correctness, or the fact that's it was blacks that he fought to keep as slaves; more the notion that he fought to keep anyone as slaves.

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Nov 20 2008, 06:13 AM
Post #34

Scam Artist
Group Icon

QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Nov 19 2008, 07:14 PM) [snapback]1472175[/snapback]
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Nov 19 2008, 12:41 PM) [snapback]1472169[/snapback]

You know what, shit you're right.
I don't live in America, or specifically the south.
And I've never read anything, or was taught anything about him in school.

With that, I'm done with this.
Its obvious we have two different opinions, and I'm going to leave it at that.
You can have the final word if you want, but I'm done.
Shit you're right never mind my facts you're from the south.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny 
post Nov 20 2008, 12:14 PM
Post #35

^ Also noting that he never posted any facts to show the KKK founders "heroic escepades".

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
Dr. Evil
post Nov 21 2008, 08:43 AM
Post #36

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 41,441

This is outrageous! A building named after a person?! The horror...the inhumanity! Everyone run for the hills!

--------------------
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 (talking about his cell phone) @ Feb 2 2009, 05:40 PM) [snapback]1481580[/snapback]
Motorola Rizr on T-Mobile. 'Cept mine doesn't have an interracial gay couple as the background.

QUOTE(Sittin @ Oct 14 2008, 07:07 AM) [snapback]1468555[/snapback]
Speaking of a big pussy getting fucked... banned.

CLICKY
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Nov 21 2008, 04:59 PM
Post #37

Scam Artist
Group Icon

A similar reaction to murder:

Oh my God! Someone interacting with another person!

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
Achievements

+Quote Post
NCP
post Nov 22 2008, 12:30 PM
Post #38

Nobody Special
Group Icon

Member No.: 73

I kinda laughed about the reactions of this schools action, but I also wouldn't change the name. Just because I am against namechanging and especially buildings. The founders of this school adored this Forrest guy and therefor it should keep the name. The fact that more than half the school is black makes it even better. That just shows that the status that those Confederates had, is now nothing more than a memory. Sure some people think he was a hero or something and there are some people that disagree with that, but is that really the point of discussion here? Maybe the school's name is known around a large area and if they use a new name, they need to do a lot of promotion to get known like they now do. This also could be the reason.
And ofcourse Forrest fought himself and Hitler and Stalin didn't, Forrest agreed a field with the North and there they'd fight, to lead his men, he must be there himself or else he couldn't do shit. Hitler and Stalin lead their men on a much larger scale, a new era and modern weapons. They had their officers to lead on the field and Hitler and Stalin saw everything much bigger.

Forrest for teh win!!!1ones

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marneyo Juano
post Nov 22 2008, 03:12 PM
Post #39

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Skinny. @ Nov 20 2008, 07:55 AM) [snapback]1472212[/snapback]
QUOTE(Chris Benoit Stunt Double @ Nov 20 2008, 12:17 AM) [snapback]1472138[/snapback]

Stalin bravely fought for what he believed was right (communism) as did Bin Laden (defeating the Russians, then for a world without infidels) as did many British military men in the 16-18 hundreds (killing aboriginals and native americans).

It really has fuck all to do with political correctness, or the fact that's it was blacks that he fought to keep as slaves; more the notion that he fought to keep anyone as slaves.

Stalin fought for his beliefs just like Bush fought in Iraq. Either of them took any part in any actual battle except for throwing orders. It was all up to the troops and commanders to fight on the field and risk their lives for what their leader believed in. Forrest was one of those people ON THE FIELD, making the strategies and leading his men to battle, while Stalin and whatever other examples you give, sat on their asses far away from the front, waiting for the results of those battles.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Nov 23 2008, 03:10 AM
Post #40

Goon
Group Icon

Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

Does this mean I have to admire Custer? Fuck no. The man was an idiot, that is why he charged ahead of his own men.

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st November 2014 - 07:04 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4