Reply to this topicStart new topic
> tropic thunder..., come get some...
shootthebandit
post Sep 9 2008, 04:48 PM
Post #21

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,504

not seen it yet but looks like a good war movie spoof.

i know spoofs of late have been terrible: disater movie, scary-movies 1-4, meet the spartans. but this actually looks funny.

i actually like overzelous swearing, the part of the world i come from swearing was used in almost ever sentence. i think its probably hitting at rambo as every time he opens his mouth (which is not very often) he mutters the word 'fuck'.

looks like a good film, i cant comment coz ive not seen it yet but i can tell itll be good.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 9 2008, 04:55 PM
Post #22

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Sep 9 2008, 12:48 PM) [snapback]1463840[/snapback]
not seen it yet but looks like a good war movie spoof.

i know spoofs of late have been terrible: disater movie, scary-movies 1-4, meet the spartans. but this actually looks funny.

i actually like overzelous swearing, the part of the world i come from swearing was used in almost ever sentence. i think its probably hitting at rambo as every time he opens his mouth (which is not very often) he mutters the word 'fuck'.

looks like a good film, i cant comment coz ive not seen it yet but i can tell itll be good.

lol, this is not like the "insert-genre-we-make-fun-of" movies that are utter crap... this is a movie about making the most expensive war movie, that turns into a war movie... in other words, robert downey jr. is the dude that's playing a dude, disguised as another dude laugh.gif...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Sep 9 2008, 05:54 PM
Post #23

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

It's not a spoof, it's a PARODY. Big difference.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 9 2008, 07:41 PM
Post #24

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

...and it's not just a parody of war movies, it's a parody of hollywood, actors, and film making as a whole... this movie makes fun of itself basically... and you'll laugh at em and with em biggrin.gif...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
shootthebandit
post Sep 9 2008, 10:08 PM
Post #25

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Sep 9 2008, 06:54 PM) [snapback]1463856[/snapback]
It's not a spoof, it's a PARODY. Big difference.

is it similar to 'shrek' in the respect that shrek made a mockery of fairytales yet it still had the cliche fairytale plot. jack black and ben stiller will be a good comedy combo. shame its rated 18 (i think?)
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Sep 9 2008, 10:28 PM
Post #26

Goon
Group Icon

Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

Shame you just admitted you aren't 17+ years old.

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Sep 10 2008, 02:26 PM
Post #27

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Midas Bitch! @ Sep 9 2008, 06:28 PM) [snapback]1463918[/snapback]

Ha, very nice.

Yes, it is rated R or 18+ or whatever the fuck your rating system is, and it is rated appropriately, if only for overly excessive swearing.

As far as comparing it to Shrek, I don't watch little kid movies. It just made fun of hollywood, actors, method acting, movies and writers/directors. So if Shrek had any of that shit plus an intense action plot full of blood, guts, drugs and chinese child warlords, than yes, it was JUST like Shrek.
Achievements

+Quote Post
shootthebandit
post Sep 10 2008, 04:57 PM
Post #28

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Sep 10 2008, 03:26 PM) [snapback]1464027[/snapback]
QUOTE(King Midas Bitch! @ Sep 9 2008, 06:28 PM) [snapback]1463918[/snapback]

Ha, very nice.

Yes, it is rated R or 18+ or whatever the fuck your rating system is, and it is rated appropriately, if only for overly excessive swearing.

As far as comparing it to Shrek, I don't watch little kid movies. It just made fun of hollywood, actors, method acting, movies and writers/directors. So if Shrek had any of that shit plus an intense action plot full of blood, guts, drugs and chinese child warlords, than yes, it was JUST like Shrek.

i was asking if it is SIMILAR to shrek IN THE RESPECT, that shrek makes fun of fairytales yet turns out to be one.

i thought that tropic thunder was a movie set out to make fun of war movies but turns out to be one.

that is why i made the comparison, that is where the similarities end.

yes i am below 18. im actually 16 but in UK there quite strict with I.D.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Sep 11 2008, 12:48 PM
Post #29

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Sep 10 2008, 12:57 PM) [snapback]1464062[/snapback]
i was asking if it is SIMILAR to shrek IN THE RESPECT, that shrek makes fun of fairytales yet turns out to be one.

i thought that tropic thunder was a movie set out to make fun of war movies but turns out to be one.

that is why i made the comparison, that is where the similarities end.

yes i am below 18. im actually 16 but in UK there quite strict with I.D.

I guess you're correct... but in that same logic, they are both similar as they both have plots and both are movies.

Don't worry about being 16, everyone was there once.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Sep 13 2008, 02:00 AM
Post #30

Goon
Group Icon

Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

True. I'm 18 and I'd like another shot at 16 as mine was actually bittersweet...

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Sep 14 2008, 12:38 PM
Post #31

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

I wasn't that impressed with this movie, i thought it would be much funnier. I think Step Brothers was a better watch imo.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Dr. Evil
post Sep 29 2008, 07:14 AM
Post #32

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 41,441

Finally saw it this last weekend. Hilarious, loved it, buying the dvd. Same with Step Brothers.

--------------------
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 (talking about his cell phone) @ Feb 2 2009, 05:40 PM) [snapback]1481580[/snapback]
Motorola Rizr on T-Mobile. 'Cept mine doesn't have an interracial gay couple as the background.

QUOTE(Sittin @ Oct 14 2008, 07:07 AM) [snapback]1468555[/snapback]
Speaking of a big pussy getting fucked... banned.

CLICKY
Achievements

+Quote Post
Benzilla
post Oct 14 2008, 03:24 PM
Post #33

Pickpocket
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,554

I don't understand why they got Tom Cruise to play him, why didn't they just get some fat old actor instead of paying an actor that is going to cost loads of money... I didn't believe it was him when I saw the credits.... I came home and looked on the internet, and it was him ohmy.gif

Really epic movie though. Starts off so funny... and ends really funny too. Middle gets a little boring but it's still great.

--------------------
QUOTE (sve knjige svijeta @ Sep 23 2009, 06:20 PM) *
Whoever wants to be the guy who makes a game about a black man wielding a chain-gun, mowing down white-people, go right ahead.
Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th November 2014 - 11:13 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4