post Aug 19 2008, 04:02 PM
Post #1

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

this is i think, the funniest movie i've seen in YEARS!! i mean, i've seen some good ones over the years but, no movie had me laughing quite like this one... i could barely make it through the first 20 minutes laugh.gif... it was soo over the top that, my sides starting hurting from all the laughing... thankfully it slowed down a bit after that and turned into a story-driven piece... but, this movie was just a lot of fun to watch and every single goddamn character was awesome... one thing ben stiller is good at is creating memorable characters and, every single one of them were memorable, and worked well with each other... every single one of them!! all 8+ of 'em...

this is likely the best comedy this decade, IMO... their might be some other contenders but, i can't remember one being this funny... you must go see it!! a movie about making the greatest war movie turns into a war movie... lol, it really works biggrin.gif...

go see it now!!

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Aug 19 2008, 04:04 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mattay
post Aug 19 2008, 04:41 PM
Post #2

Do Boy
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19,171
PSN Name: PM me

It was a good movie. I thought the first part of it was kind of retarded, but as the story went along it got funnier.

--------------------

click my sig for a good time.
Thanks to D-O for the sig
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 19 2008, 04:58 PM
Post #3

that's why i liked the first part... i love over the top stuff like that biggrin.gif... but, it really does settle down after the gag jokes and turns into a really good movie... i would of never thought in a million years that tom cruise would play that kind of character, too...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mattay
post Aug 19 2008, 05:26 PM
Post #4

Do Boy
Group Icon

I know, I had no clue that was Tom Cruise. It didn't sound like him or anything. Crazy.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Aug 19 2008, 10:57 PM
Post #5

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

It's worth seeing in theaters? Not many movies I've seen lately are really worth it. This one looks pretty good, though.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Aug 20 2008, 01:05 PM
Post #6

Goon
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

You didn't see Iron Man? The Dark Knight? Pineapple Express?

Btw, I might see this today. I'm still trying to track down one last textbook for the Fall.

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Aug 20 2008, 03:14 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(King Midas Bitch! @ Aug 20 2008, 06:05 AM) [snapback]1460225[/snapback]
You didn't see Iron Man? The Dark Knight? Pineapple Express?

Btw, I might see this today. I'm still trying to track down one last textbook for the Fall.

I stand corrected.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 20 2008, 03:14 PM
Post #8

analogkid - if you haven't seen dark knight, your missing out on the best movie of the year... you should at least pony up for that... i know theaters are getting expensive, that's why i'm very selective nowadays but, the dark knight and tropic thunder are the must-see movies of the year, IMO...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Aug 20 2008, 03:43 PM
Post #9

Goon
Group Icon

James Franco in Pineapple Express is so good you'll sincerely wish he was your friend ha ha!

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Aug 20 2008, 05:28 PM
Post #10

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE(King Midas Bitch! @ Aug 20 2008, 10:43 AM) [snapback]1460255[/snapback]
James Franco in Pineapple Express is so good you'll sincerely wish he was your friend ha ha!

Seen it yesterday. Awesome movie. I had head good buzz around tropic thunder. Ill probably see it. Its only 4.20 to see movies on Tuesday. Sweet fucking deal.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mattay
post Aug 21 2008, 01:42 AM
Post #11

Do Boy
Group Icon

Don't forget The Incredible Hulk.

I was planning on going to see The Dark Knight several times, but I never went. Pineapple Express was absolutely hilarious and Iron Man was amazing. Step Brothers made me lol too.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Aug 21 2008, 01:47 AM
Post #12

Goon
Group Icon

I saw Step Brothers too but damn were some characters just unnecessary. I haven't seen the Incredible Hulk yet but I heard Ed Norton didn't like the final cut and didn't endorse the movie. I'm waiting for the director's cut.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Aug 21 2008, 11:18 PM
Post #13

Get off my Planet

Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

i was gonna go see this with my friends but i didn't have no money, anyway i heard it was one of the best movies ever made, and i could imagine it is considering it took them like 7 years to write the script
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 24 2008, 05:15 PM
Post #14

you know, i know of a place where you can watch " A TON" of movies online for free, lots of ones still in theaters... after seeing the dark knight on iMAX, i decided to watch it a couple more times online... i don't think i can post such links here on the forums but, if your interested, i'll send you the link via PM...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Dr. Evil
post Aug 25 2008, 07:28 AM
Post #15

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 41,441

I thought Bones was talking about comedies and people come up with Iron Man, Dark Knight and such. Don't get me wrong they are great movies. Dark Knight is probably the best performance for Heath Ledger ever! Then the fool goes and offs himself. After watching Iron Man I have decided that Robert Downy Jr. is definately back for the better. Haven't seen Pineapple Express or Tropic Thunder yet but I will. I am really curious about James Franco's role in that movie. Watching previews I couldn't even tell it was him.

This post has been edited by sneaky: Aug 25 2008, 07:29 AM

--------------------
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 (talking about his cell phone) @ Feb 2 2009, 05:40 PM) [snapback]1481580[/snapback]
Motorola Rizr on T-Mobile. 'Cept mine doesn't have an interracial gay couple as the background.

QUOTE(Sittin @ Oct 14 2008, 07:07 AM) [snapback]1468555[/snapback]
Speaking of a big pussy getting fucked... banned.

CLICKY
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 25 2008, 05:07 PM
Post #16

lol, i know... this was suppose to be a topic about tropic thunder... somehow it's turned into the "summer movie guide" laugh.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Sep 8 2008, 01:53 PM
Post #17

Ok.. I just saw this on Saturday.

No. Just no.
I can't believe I was so dissapointed. There were only like 3 funny parts. Maybe my expectations were too high? I can't believe I didn't love this. Oh well. Good action though.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 8 2008, 04:35 PM
Post #18

ahh, that's a shame sad.gif... did you see it online? if you saw it in the theaters, you would of seen each actors fake "movie" previews, which were hilarious and set up the characters... ohh well though... can't please em all i guess biggrin.gif...

you still need to see the dark knight though biggrin.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Sep 8 2008, 04:36 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Sep 9 2008, 12:43 AM
Post #19

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Sep 8 2008, 09:35 AM) [snapback]1463596[/snapback]
ahh, that's a shame sad.gif... did you see it online? if you saw it in the theaters, you would of seen each actors fake "movie" previews, which were hilarious and set up the characters... ohh well though... can't please em all i guess biggrin.gif...

you still need to see the dark knight though biggrin.gif...

Yeah I saw it in theaters. Those previews were hilarious. There were a few really really funny parts that I'll quote in the future.. I actually think I just wasn't in the mood for a comedy. It was sort of a last-minute thing with some friends. I definitely should have seen Pineapple Express instead, though.

This post has been edited by TheAnalogKid2112: Sep 9 2008, 12:44 AM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Sep 9 2008, 12:46 PM
Post #20

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

I saw it on Sunday. I thought it was hilarious. Well worth seeing in the theatres for the "action", great SFX.

The final scene with the bridge had me laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.

Some of the language was over the top, to the extreme. Blatant overuse of shit, fuck and other combos are only good in moderate doses, alot of the swearing was really unnecessary; and that's coming from ME.

Otherwise, there was a brilliant script; hilarious movie references galore; tons of cameos; definitely one to own on DVD.

Best line of the movie: "I'm a motherfucking LEAD farmer!"
Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 02:00 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4