IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> kids TV is shit, it used to be good. WTF happened?
PabloHoneyOle
post Aug 15 2008, 06:15 PM
Post #41

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 15 2008, 01:58 PM) [snapback]1459598[/snapback]
...how about some other older classics like, he-man and thundercats :D...

It's easy to tell what generation everyone is from based on their cartoon selection... Bones, you and I are probably spot on in age; I grew up on He-Man and Thundercats. Later cartoon choices included G.I Joe, TMNT (the original cartoon); and FUCKING DINO RIDERS!
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 15 2008, 06:23 PM
Post #42

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

fuck yea!! forgot about TMNT!!

how about duck tales, the muppets, garfield & friends, & inspector gadget?!? lol, i was a cartoon junkie when i was growing up...

the flintstones & the jetsons were before my time but, i still watched the hell out of em when i was little...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Aug 15 2008, 06:30 PM
Post #43

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 15 2008, 02:23 PM) [snapback]1459603[/snapback]
fuck yea!! forgot about TMNT!!

how about duck tales, the muppets, garfield & friends, & inspector gadget?!? lol, i was a cartoon junkie when i was growing up...

the flintstones & the jetsons were before my time but, i still watched the hell out of em when i was little...

Duck Tales was my shit (I always wanted "Me Money Bin") and Inspector Gadget too. Dr. Claw's voice was the most terrifying thing I knew; I still think he was responsible for 9/11.

I remember watching the Muppet Babies, I liked how they tied in Star Wars or old horror movie clips (especially when opening the door to the closet).

As far as the Jetsons and Flintstones, I watched those alot too. I remember watching a Jetson's movie on VHS (the plot was something like George gets shipped out to this distant astroid to make sprockets for Mr. Spacely) and that ruined the Jetson's forever for me.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Aug 15 2008, 10:15 PM
Post #44

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

Teenage mutant ninja turtles,
Thundercats,
Biker Mice From Mars,
Transformers,
most stuff on Nickelodeon pwn'd back in the early 90's.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
angeal18
post Aug 15 2008, 10:52 PM
Post #45

Litterer

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,256

i liked spidermanand batman the original power rangers was my shit too. cartoons today are gay as hell. ben 10 lol!!! that show fucking sucks. every cartoon chanel sucks today exept boomerang.
Achievements

+Quote Post
SlickCriminal92
post Aug 16 2008, 06:30 PM
Post #46

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 30,471

QUOTE(Linkin Parkinson @ Aug 9 2008, 06:05 PM) [snapback]1458576[/snapback]
Dragon Ball Z and Rugrats own whatever cartoons are mentioned in this thread.

Fuck watching Scooby Doo boring ass. Their jokes were terrible. Tom and Jerry was ass too the fucking cat always loses and it pissed me off. At least in Dragon Ball Z there was a possibility of the bad guy winning for once so you keep tuning in to see how in the hell they are gonna get beaten.

When I was around 6-11 years old I watched:

Toonami
Rugrats
Johnny Bravo (he never got the girl which kinda pissed me off)
Rocket Power (it pissed me off how they always made Otto Rocket get owned by someone)
All That
Kenan and Kel
Cow & Chicken
Dexter's Laboratory
Rocko's Modern Life
Ed Eddn Eddy
Courage the cowardly dog

sometimes power puff girls

That is my shit. I always remember watching Dragon ball Z when I came home after school. That was like 10 years ago. I remember watching it when DBZ wasn't even out. Ahh yes... the freeza days, those were awesome. TOONAMI IS FUCKING PIMP!! WHY DID THEY TAKE IT OFF THE AIR??? WHY??

Edd Eddn Eddy is an instant classic for me. I'm so glad it's still on TV, not much though.

Courage the cowardly dog will always be my #1. That show is so funny. I still watch it too this day, they had 3 eposides on yesterday and then they put the shitty cartoons back on.

Captain planet was legend, I remember that show so well. I remember watching it when I was like 5, Lol.

Thundercats is another, and X-men!!

And one of the best cartoons I have ever watched would be Teen titans. That show came on in 2005 when I was 13 years old. Although I was getting old that cartoon was too good to pass up. I can't beleive cartoon network too that show off the air, THAT SHOW WAS FUCKING PERFECT!!!! Some of the eposides were truly epic.

1: Courage the cowardly dog
2: Edd eddn eddy
3: Teen titans (although this was probably the best cartoon I ever watched I watched #'s 1 and 2 when I was a kid so I can't top those with a later cartoon. )
4: Captain planet (or X-men)
5: Powerpuff girls

This post has been edited by SlickCriminal92: Aug 16 2008, 06:36 PM

--------------------
Yeah ban me and still talk behind my back, lol typical pussies. DO get out of the basement, and stotic my address is 5236 Creekside Trail, Sarasota Florida. Come get me if you think you are so ''tough'' Ha.

You can ban me but I'll be back because I always get my way.

:)
Achievements

+Quote Post
shootthebandit
post Aug 16 2008, 11:01 PM
Post #47

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,504

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 15 2008, 07:15 PM) [snapback]1459601[/snapback]
...how about some other older classics like, he-man and thundercats biggrin.gif...

It's easy to tell what generation everyone is from based on their cartoon selection... Bones, you and I are probably spot on in age; I grew up on He-Man and Thundercats. Later cartoon choices included G.I Joe, TMNT (the original cartoon); and FUCKING DINO RIDERS!

not true. i was born '92 and i loved the classics (i probably watched what my parents watched). you gotta love the 60's drug references in 'magic roundabout'. somehow as a very young kid you couldnt get me to watch modern shows, i also like the classics when it comes to music.

i hated dragon ball Z. to me it was just a bunch of constapated japs flying around, throwing mad blue shit at each other.

i wonder if the deterioration of kids TV is causing more kids to have have mental problems. if you watch that modern shit for 2 seconds you'll most likely become insane.
Achievements

+Quote Post
SlickCriminal92
post Aug 17 2008, 01:17 AM
Post #48

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 30,471

Yeah the shit they have on cartoon network these days is crap. It's for like 2 year olds. Maybe it's for the next generation of kids. Either way it's babyish stuff. I remember a while back they said they didn't want ''violent'' cartoons on. Cartoons like my beloved teen titans or tom and jerry.

It's been about 2 years since I last watched teen titans. I checked out a youtube channel with all the vids. I must've been watching eposides for about 5 hours so far. I miss that show, the voice acting was incredible in some eposides. The characters are the best.

PUT ALL THE DAMN GOOD SHOWS BACK ON TV AND TAKE THIS CRAP OFF!! WHY DO THE GOOD THINGS DIE OUT EARLY AND REPLACED WITH SHIT? IT'S LIKE MAINSTREAM HIP HOP, IT DIED IN 2000. NOW WE HAVE SHIT.

This post has been edited by SlickCriminal92: Aug 17 2008, 01:35 AM

--------------------
Yeah ban me and still talk behind my back, lol typical pussies. DO get out of the basement, and stotic my address is 5236 Creekside Trail, Sarasota Florida. Come get me if you think you are so ''tough'' Ha.

You can ban me but I'll be back because I always get my way.

:)
Achievements

+Quote Post
HongKongPhooey
post Aug 17 2008, 04:10 AM
Post #49

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 5,207

does anyone remember crash test dummies? I see this weird catroon on lately, seems like its made for acid, thier clothes and backgrounds have weird patters that move reminded me of tripping balls.

--------------------
"I try to catch him right on the tip of the nose, because I try to push the bone into the brain." -Mike Tyson
"My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm." - Mike Tyson
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny†
post Aug 17 2008, 06:55 AM
Post #50

Member No.: 38,184

QUOTE(Linkin Parkinson @ Aug 10 2008, 08:05 AM) [snapback]1458576[/snapback]
Fresh Prince of Bel Air

It wasn't really a kid's show, but it pwn'd never the less.

[youtube]l017_Rox0XE&feature=related[/youtube]

QUOTE(DuPz0rô)
most stuff on Nickelodeon pwn'd back in the early 90's.

Saved by the Bell, FTW!

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Aug 18 2008, 12:36 PM
Post #51

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE(Skinny. @ Aug 17 2008, 02:55 AM) [snapback]1459778[/snapback]
Saved by the Bell, FTW!

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 18 2008, 05:37 PM
Post #52

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 18 2008, 08:36 AM) [snapback]1459933[/snapback]
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Aug 17 2008, 02:55 AM) [snapback]1459778[/snapback]
Saved by the Bell, FTW!

ohh god no!! i hated that show... the school show i watched was "boy meets world"...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Aug 18 2008, 06:20 PM
Post #53

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 18 2008, 01:37 PM) [snapback]1459971[/snapback]
ohh god no!! i hated that show... the school show i watched was "boy meets world"...

I would have banged out Topanga; before she got fat during the "college" years.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Aug 18 2008, 06:49 PM
Post #54

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 18 2008, 10:37 AM) [snapback]1459971[/snapback]

YEEEESSSSSS I remember that! I watched that one so much.

Back when I was in elementary school I LOVED Even Stevens too. That kid was so funny.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 18 2008, 07:25 PM
Post #55

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 18 2008, 02:20 PM) [snapback]1459980[/snapback]
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 18 2008, 01:37 PM) [snapback]1459971[/snapback]

I would have banged out Topanga; before she got fat during the "college" years.

lol, so true... she was partly the reason why i watched it biggrin.gif... but, in those later episodes, she sure did put on the pounds...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
shootthebandit
post Aug 18 2008, 09:32 PM
Post #56

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,504

QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Aug 18 2008, 07:49 PM) [snapback]1459986[/snapback]

Back when I was in elementary school I LOVED Even Stevens too. That kid was so funny.

awesome, i loved that show. the wierd boy that just appeared in thier house was cool.

that guy that was on even stevens is on I-robot and indiana jones. hes a big star now.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Guest_Linkin Parkinson's_*
post Aug 18 2008, 10:49 PM
Post #57

Guests

QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Aug 16 2008, 11:01 PM) [snapback]1459736[/snapback]
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 15 2008, 07:15 PM) [snapback]1459601[/snapback]
...how about some other older classics like, he-man and thundercats biggrin.gif ...

not true. i was born '92 and i loved the classics (i probably watched what my parents watched). you gotta love the 60's drug references in 'magic roundabout'. somehow as a very young kid you couldnt get me to watch modern shows, i also like the classics when it comes to music.

i hated dragon ball Z. to me it was just a bunch of constapated japs flying around, throwing mad blue shit at each other.

i wonder if the deterioration of kids TV is causing more kids to have have mental problems. if you watch that modern shit for 2 seconds you'll most likely become insane.

Tom & Jerry was just a dumb ass cat chasing a mouse around the house and getting his ass kicked while the mouse laughs his ass off like a cocky fucking Belgian bundle of sticks. Scooby do was just a bunch of drugged up teens looking for black people in masks... you can simplify it all you want to, it will never count as a valid argument.

Dragon Ball Z storylines>

It was never "good guy always wins" type of shit like in your typical old cartoon. Goku got his ass kicked by Raditz... the buildup to goku's arrival to whoop Nappa's ass was genius... we were waiting for him to arrive and beat the shit out of Nappa. We finally got to see Vegeta fight and they were evenly matched. Seeing how Goku got killed by someone far weaker last time and Vegeta is supposedly like fucking Chuck Norris compared to Raditz, we wanted to see who would win. When we thought Goku had this shit won, Vegeta turns into King Kong on steroids and tears Goku apart.... shit, Dragon Ball Z kept me "on the edge of my seat" every episode. DBZ got boring during the frieza saga though when Goku was charging his sprit ball for like 15 fucking episodes and the shit didn't even kill him.

Still, Dragon Ball Z is the best fucking cartoon ever.
Achievements

+Quote Post
HongKongPhooey
post Aug 18 2008, 10:50 PM
Post #58

Upstanding Citizen

lol i didnt know there was a college years lmao, thats a damn shame she got fat.

I used to think his sister was hella fine.

--------------------
"I try to catch him right on the tip of the nose, because I try to push the bone into the brain." -Mike Tyson
"My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm." - Mike Tyson
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Aug 19 2008, 03:40 AM
Post #59

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Aug 18 2008, 02:32 PM) [snapback]1460020[/snapback]
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Aug 18 2008, 07:49 PM) [snapback]1459986[/snapback]

awesome, i loved that show. the wierd boy that just appeared in thier house was cool.

that guy that was on even stevens is on I-robot and indiana jones. hes a big star now.

Yeah he's pretty good. Disturbia was great.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
HongKongPhooey
post Aug 19 2008, 04:04 AM
Post #60

Upstanding Citizen

dont you want some mudafuckin pudding!?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 05:58 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4