> ideas for next GTA, simple but good
shootthebandit
post Jul 30 2008, 05:11 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,504

idea 1:
half stars; you may think whats this guy on about but i was thinking you could get a half-star for minor traffic offenses, also speed cameras would be cool and youd get a half-star for speeding past one. then when accessing the police computer you could see how fast you were going.

idea 2:
better police/enemy evasion system; most people with a PS3 will be familiar with MGS4, i think the evasion system in GTA should be similar and involve more stealth(if they cant see you, they'll send more guys untill they give up), silenced weapons would work well with this, aswell as silenced weapons other upgrades could be purchased aswell.

idea 3:
this is just an improvement on GTA4 but more use for the internet eg purchasing items (the items are delivered to your savehouse and you can see the truck) the internet should be used more in missions aswell
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GMT
post Jul 30 2008, 08:14 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,985

apart from this being the 1000th threat on what little gimmick would be fun to have in the next title, the speed camera thing is probably a good point... at least something that comes to my mind everytime I pass a copcar at topspeed and see no reaction...
but then again, a realistic reaction would be that they start to chase you down, and idk whether this level of realism os for the good of the game(play) or not

silenced weapons is a good point too, opens room for 1 point of more variety: missions that require stealth (like "madd dogg's rhyme book" in san andreas)

a real escape and evade situation when being chased by the cops is, just like the speeding thing, a question of the fun vs realism balancing act

This post has been edited by GMT: Jul 30 2008, 08:18 PM

--------------------
GTA: 100% / GTA London: 100% / GTA2: 75% / GTAIII: 100% / GTA VC: 100% / GTA SA: 100% / GTA advance: no / GTA LCS: no / GTA VCS: no /
GTA IV: 1x100%

Found something worth showing?
Try the SnapMap to pinpoint locations
Achievements

+Quote Post
shootthebandit
post Jul 30 2008, 10:28 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

speed cameras would be cool but not deserving of 1star, so thats were half stars come in.

as for stealth. R* could make it like MGS4: you can be stealthy but also have a big gun battle if u want. weapon accessories such as silencers and scopes will help with stealth whereas dot-sights and nade-launchers help with gun battles. the idea of versatility will not make it boring. i can assure you of that.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Seeen
post Jul 31 2008, 01:33 AM
Post #4

Vandal

Member No.: 5,816
PSN Name: SeeenRulez

They should definitely add silenced weapons in the next game. Quite frankly, I think it's just plain stupid that stealth is not a factor in GTA IV. All of this emphasis on realism, and you can't sneak around unnoticed?
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jul 31 2008, 01:26 PM
Post #5

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Jul 30 2008, 06:28 PM) [snapback]1456996[/snapback]
as for stealth. R* could make it like MGS4: you can be stealthy but also have a big gun battle if u want. weapon accessories such as silencers and scopes will help with stealth whereas dot-sights and nade-launchers help with gun battles. the idea of versatility will not make it boring. i can assure you of that.

I hate when people say, "Make this game like this other game by a total different developer and gameplay." Then people would bitch that the games are similar. There are hundreds of games where using stealth is employed (GTA:San Andreas); so you don't have to compare it to a recent game that's hyped right now just to make your point.

Other than that, I agree with everything else you said. I wish there were silencers. It would make killing pigeons so much easier. I'm tired of running from the cops after blasting every bird. I don't care about laser sights, but the ability to upgrade weapons with scopes (better aim) and silencers would be great.

As far as other stealth techniques, I'd like to see the ability to hide in the shadows (like GTA:SA) or in trashcans/dumpsters/alleyways (like Bully) to avoid the police.

-Notice I cited different R* games where stealth techniques have been used before the development of GTA:IV.
Achievements

+Quote Post
shootthebandit
post Jul 31 2008, 01:55 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jul 31 2008, 02:26 PM) [snapback]1457078[/snapback]
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Jul 30 2008, 06:28 PM) [snapback]1456996[/snapback]

I hate when people say, "Make this game like this other game by a total different developer and gameplay." Then people would bitch that the games are similar. There are hundreds of games where using stealth is employed (GTA:San Andreas); so you don't have to compare it to a recent game that's hyped right now just to make your point.

Other than that, I agree with everything else you said. I wish there were silencers. It would make killing pigeons so much easier. I'm tired of running from the cops after blasting every bird. I don't care about laser sights, but the ability to upgrade weapons with scopes (better aim) and silencers would be great.

As far as other stealth techniques, I'd like to see the ability to hide in the shadows (like GTA:SA) or in trashcans/dumpsters/alleyways (like Bully) to avoid the police.

-Notice I cited different R* games where stealth techniques have been used before the development of GTA:IV.

stealth was crap in San An, it only applied to a few missions. im talking bout using it to evade police. ive never played bully so i dont know how the game works. i just thought when relating to stealth theres not a better game to mention than MGS.

also accessorise would be cool as it would make a lot more possiblilities for weapons rather than only a few stock weapons.

do you agree with the speed camera idea and the half-stars. some may say its a little too annoying
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jul 31 2008, 02:23 PM
Post #7

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Jul 31 2008, 02:55 PM) [snapback]1457084[/snapback]
Do you agree with the speed camera idea and the half-stars. some may say its a little too annoying

There's sort of a half star system in GTA IV already, it's happened to me a few times after stealing cars as a cop drives past, the star will flash but you'll get no search radius. If you speed off then the star becomes solid and you get the radius, doesn't always happen though.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jul 31 2008, 02:58 PM
Post #8

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Jul 31 2008, 09:55 AM) [snapback]1457084[/snapback]
do you agree with the speed camera idea and the half-stars. some may say its a little too annoying

I don't know about speed camera's, but how about just speeding past a cop? If you choose to drive drunk in the game and drive past the police, they will be alerted and try and pull you over. Why not with speeding, running lights, headlight out?

I don't think GTA has ever been about traffic infractions (outside of vehicular manslaughter) and increasing the awareness and responsiveness of the police; either by adding cameras or police cruisers looking for traffic violations; would just make the game a little too realistic. If they did go that route, maybe having cops pull you over for minor (half-star) infractions would result in a small financial loss; like receiving a ticket or citation.
Achievements

+Quote Post
shootthebandit
post Jul 31 2008, 08:44 PM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

if there was speed cameras, there would have to be a Jeremy clarkson cameo. youd have to destroy speed cameras for him.

i love his sarcastic comments and his sheer stupidity, maybe hammond and james may could make an appearance aswell and you could watch them talk about in-game cars on your in-game TV.

BTW if your american you wont know who these people are; they host a motoring TV show called topgear and everyone watches it. oh yeah, they hate speed cameras.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Unlucky Rhombus
post Aug 1 2008, 03:21 PM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 42,349

Yeah, while watchin' TV in yo big ass mansion there could be a top gear episode on for 20 minutes and feature hammond, may and clarkson. like they have for Ricky Gervais in GTA IV. biggrin.gif

Also, I kind of liked what they had in GTA San Andreas with the gangs so in the next one, you could choose to run a gang or be in a gang possibly and have gang wars with other gangs while the music from top gear was playing in the background.

And, based on what Stoic said before about being able to mod the guns with silencers, maybe for a little funky fun thing, you could have the choice to pimp yo gun. And Pimp Yo Ride in GTA IV would have been good.

This post has been edited by Unlucky Rhombus: Aug 1 2008, 03:27 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
shootthebandit
post Aug 1 2008, 04:06 PM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Unlucky Rhombus @ Aug 1 2008, 04:21 PM) [snapback]1457201[/snapback]
Yeah, while watchin' TV in yo big ass mansion there could be a top gear episode on for 20 minutes and feature hammond, may and clarkson. like they have for Ricky Gervais in GTA IV. biggrin.gif

Also, I kind of liked what they had in GTA San Andreas with the gangs so in the next one, you could choose to run a gang or be in a gang possibly and have gang wars with other gangs while the music from top gear was playing in the background.

And, based on what Stoic said before about being able to mod the guns with silencers, maybe for a little funky fun thing, you could have the choice to pimp yo gun. And Pimp Yo Ride in GTA IV would have been good.

i forgot a bout "the stig". although he may have to reveal his identity. yeah just like ricky gervais on GTA4, a topgear episode would be cool,thay bitch about in-game cars and things happening in the game. maybe they could have a side-mission were u have to race the stig (youd have to use guns to beat him, but i thinks hes bulletproof)

gangs would be cool but it would be even cooler if you were a mob boss and you have to hire goons

pimpin gun's would be cool. kinda like COD4 but with more designs.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TJ1579
post Aug 1 2008, 04:14 PM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 42,344

QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Jul 30 2008, 11:28 PM) [snapback]1456996[/snapback]
speed cameras would be cool but not deserving of 1star, so thats were half stars come in.

Good idea...ish. Cause ill get bored if i don't get anywere quick, You want the game realistic but not too much.

QUOTE(Seeen @ Jul 31 2008, 02:33 AM) [snapback]1457016[/snapback]
They should definitely add silenced weapons in the next game. Quite frankly, I think it's just plain stupid that stealth is not a factor in GTA IV. All of this emphasis on realism, and you can't sneak around unnoticed?

I totally agree. silenced weapons would be wonderful and add to the fun. and as for sneaking i agree it is rubbish, i wish you could be really stealthy on some missions. It would be GTA+hitman...could be fun.
im glad you can climb better than in san andreas.
Achievements

+Quote Post
libertycityisgay
post Sep 1 2008, 06:39 AM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 42,700

i think an idea for the next GTA should be that all the building are open for you to go into and have a look in.
i also think that there should be like 6 islands all with airports and that like GTA:SA you can get your license and fly.
i also think that you can buy anything in the game e.g. planes,boats,houses,cars,shops,buisnesess,helicopters etc
and with the speed camers idea i think you should be able to turn them on and off because i know that people would get really really pissed of with them. especially in a mission were you running from the cops with drugs already and you drive past a speed camera and suddenly another cop is after you.
i also think and i know its been mentioned that you can buy things from the internet like from the mexican docter and babies overnight.
i also think that you should get married maybe and even have kids (and sex)
so i think there are alot of ideas for the next one and i hope they can put them all in but how am i supposed to know im not a game creater (i would like to be one tho) so good luck for the next one Rocksta and keep up the good work. rolleyes.gif notworthy.gif

[image="right"]http://www.gta4.tv/completion/libertycityisgay.jpg[/image]

This post has been edited by libertycityisgay: Sep 1 2008, 06:59 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Sep 2 2008, 01:02 PM
Post #14

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE(libertycityisgay @ Sep 1 2008, 02:39 AM) [snapback]1462286[/snapback]
i also think that you should get married maybe and even have kids (and sex)

Chrissake.

Welcome to the site.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Sep 2 2008, 05:06 PM
Post #15

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

QUOTE(libertycityisgay @ Sep 1 2008, 07:39 AM) [snapback]1462286[/snapback]
i think an idea for the next GTA should be that all the building are open for you to go into and have a look in. - No, too much resource usage, too many duplicated interiors.
i also think that there should be like 6 islands all with airports and that like GTA:SA you can get your license and fly. - No, one large landmass with 3-4 large cities spread across the map.
i also think that you can buy anything in the game e.g. planes,boats,houses,cars,shops,buisnesess,helicopters etc - Yes for cars and properties, you should be able to buy them legitimately.
i also think that you should get married maybe and even have kids (and sex) - No, just no...

This post has been edited by ViceMan: Sep 3 2008, 06:21 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Sep 4 2008, 08:06 PM
Post #16

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

WTF is the obsession with these little nooblets trying to turn GTA into a fucking RPG? (Not talking about you Shootthebandit. I liked some of your ideas)

GRAND THEFT AUTO: The Wife And Kids Years.

No fucking thankyou. Jees I can see why Stoic is so hated now, and why I don't come in this forum. I'd be hated to if I replied to too many of these posts.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Pecker19
post Apr 21 2009, 01:57 AM
Post #17

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 51,276

I think for the next GTA, you should be able to creat your own character, looks and all i mean with a premade backstory and history, much like Godfather and Godfather 2.
As far as the story you should be an ex special forces or ex military (because i think its stupid that a person can start killing hundreds of people with no real training in using hand to hand and firearms) traveling the country after a dishonorable discharge, just trying to find your place in the world and forget your past. You wonder into this city (any ideas for names is welcomed) visiting the local bar, while a few punks start insulting you a large bar fight breaks out with you handling yourself well in taking out the locals (still using the counter and combos from the previous games) and as the bartender kicks you out and your walking down the street and spectator from the bar runs you down and offers you a job as muscle for a local company or maybe an underground fighter and when you go to your first fight you get recognized by a big time crook that will offer you to be muscle for him. Thats as far as i've gotten, as you can see your character would have no drive to continue his life other than make money though, so feel free to add onto this.
Also add silenced weapons and stealth takedowns, maybe even a gym like in san andreas, i liked working out and build my character up, also add more clothing, maybe some tanktops and T shirts, GTA IV all you had were jackets, i didnt like that much.
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 04:23 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4