Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Monster Truck Level
LateStarter
post Jul 29 2008, 05:09 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 42,297

Guys, I'm at a loss. I've hunted online for every tip available and watched 6 videos. Some were a sight to behold, others were a bit of a joke (falling off cliffs, spinning out, etc.), but all easily finished inside of 5 minutes. Meanwhile, I've run the course about 25 times and never beat 8:49 even though I'm running what must be nearly the best course possible (based on own practice and above videos) and done so virtually flawlessly a couple times.

Watching others' videos, their trucks take off from the start like bats out of hell. They just seem to have a way higher acceleration and top speed than mine. As an example, they all hit that 2nd checkpoint as you cross the railroad tracks in 7-8 seconds, while mine takes at least 20 seconds!?!

Am I somehow accelerating incorrectly or messing something else up? All I'm doing is holding the gas down, steering R/L, and using the 4 wheel drive on a couple tight turns. Swear up and down I'm running it nearly as good or better than every video I've seen.

Please let me know if you know what's up. Even better, please give it a shot on your machine and either a) pass it for me (and feel free to rain scorn as there is no chance I could be more frustrated than I already am) or cool.gif experience my pain and confirm I'm not crazy.

Link is http://gtasnp.com/12171 and the game is version 2.0 for the PC. Thanks!

This post has been edited by LateStarter: Jul 29 2008, 11:19 PM
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Weasel
post Jul 30 2008, 04:45 AM
Post #2

Snitch

Group: Validating
Member No.: 24,529

Okie Dookie.

Here's your passed mission file.

http://gtasnp.com/download/12191

You have $2000.
and

CJ got a Phone Call to go to the Ranch for the next mission.

Time was 5:24 finished 5th on the list.
I am using a Logitech Dual Action GamePad. (straight from the box, no adjustment other than switching gamepad on in options menu nor any Drivers needed. Running Vista Home Premium OS)

Running Straight (overland/crosscountry) from Pylon to Pylon.
Clipping the pylon (close enough to trip it, but not going through it).
Only time on a road was when it was between the pylons.
Almost rolled over in one gully but as expected the Monster righted itself.

This post has been edited by Weasel: Jul 30 2008, 04:55 AM

--------------------
************* Game Hints *************
Don't go Mission to Mission. Spend time just looking around, behind walls/bushes, on roofs, under bridges. Explore the Car park buildings and anyother building you can enter...
Do the Gang Tags, Photo's, Horseshes as soon as you can.
NO Cheats -- NO Mods
Achievements

+Quote Post
LateStarter
post Jul 30 2008, 07:22 AM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 42,297

Holy sh**. Can't believe you passed it and can't thank you enough! Pretty sad, but I would give a fair amount to have seen it happen. Was honestly thinking I would just have to give up this game. After a couple more battles for fun against the police, of course... Thanks again.
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 08:44 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4