IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> two new tricks i discovered last night...
bOnEs
post Jul 1 2008, 03:57 PM
Post #1

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

ok one of them is probably well known but, i had no idea you could do this... the first is if you hold down the left or right button on the control pad, while in a car, you can turn off the radio... i've always wondered why i couldn't do that but, after restarting from the beginning (again for like the 4th time) i saw a little message in the upper left corner telling me how to do that...

here's the one that i don't think anyone knows... you can push people without getting the cops attention... it's more like bumping them... just go into your crouch mode and walk into someone... you can keep pushing them wherever you want... you cannot do this to someone standing stationary... you'll have to bump them from their stationary position... then, once their knees are unlocked, you can again start pushing them wherever you want to... push em down some stairs, off a cliff, or into oncoming traffic... it's beautiful because, you can pretty much push someone all the way across a street biggrin.gif... you can push them as far as your capable of pushing them...

the cool thing about this is how long you can do this... usually when you bump into someone, they take a step back and turn around to yell something at you... then you have to do it again... when you do this, you are constantly forcing them to regain their balance... it's a non-stop pushing affair laugh.gif...

so, no more shoving someone and getting the cops attention... you can push them into cops without getting noticed...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
TrIgGeR HaPpY
post Jul 1 2008, 04:08 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 440

Nice find, i knew about the radio thing, but i will have to try that pushing thing, good find thanks.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Jul 1 2008, 09:20 PM
Post #3

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

Awesome about the radio thing! Now I can turn music volume back up for when I want to listen, but with 2.4 coming, I'll have my own music! Yaaay! Anyway thanks for that.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jul 1 2008, 10:09 PM
Post #4

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

I always use the pushing trick, target someone and just walk into them, after a while they get pissed off and start to attack you (unless you push them to death first,) then the cops come and arrest them. 'tis funny shite.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Jul 1 2008, 10:48 PM
Post #5

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 8,395
XBL Gamertag: synchronizer
PSN Name: alpha male
Xfire Identity: XFire it up

I love the radio in GTA:IV but I've been turning it off since day one.
For conversations, missions, phone calls, and eventually races.
It just gets hard to concentrate, doing certain things.
XBox 360 is (+) D-pad right, twice.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 18 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Apparently, Synch does acid rather than smoking weed...
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 6 2009, 12:05 PM) *
synch is a fucking walking fallout 3 wikipedia lol...
Achievements

+Quote Post
BioSphere
post Jul 1 2008, 11:05 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 39,882

Thnks for posting... I didnt know bout the Radio deal. I wondered why there was no radio off option like other GTA's.

I'mma try the pushing thing as well.

--------------------
GTA IV - 100% Completed
Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Jul 2 2008, 07:18 PM
Post #7

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

QUOTE(BioSphere @ Jul 1 2008, 04:05 PM) [snapback]1452144[/snapback]
I'mma try the pushing thing as well.

That's the other thing I don't get.
How is no one finding out about this the first day of playing?
Niko's been pushing people since I first started. That's how
a lot of fights get started. I thought this was normal, not a hint or a find.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 2 2008, 07:37 PM
Post #8

of course the fact that you can push someone is well known... my hint was if you crouched down, you could keep a constant push on someone... whereas when your not crouching, you can't really direct them anywhere, eventually they stop moving and then you hear dialog... and when you shove someone, you usually start a fight or get the attention of the cops... my way allows you to push someone for as long as you can, without repercussions...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jul 2 2008, 07:42 PM
Post #9

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jul 2 2008, 08:37 PM) [snapback]1452282[/snapback]
of course the fact that you can push someone is well known... my hint was if you crouched down, you could keep a constant push on someone... whereas when your not crouching, you can't really direct them anywhere, eventually they stop moving and then you hear dialog... and when you shove someone, you usually start a fight or get the attention of the cops... my way allows you to push someone for as long as you can, without repercussions...

Yes, you can actually, just target them with melee and walk into them, Niko remains focused on the ped no matter which way you move around them, there's no need to crouch, just push them into obstacles and watch their health decrease.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 2 2008, 08:05 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(ViceMan @ Jul 2 2008, 03:42 PM) [snapback]1452283[/snapback]
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jul 2 2008, 08:37 PM) [snapback]1452282[/snapback]

Yes, you can actually, just target them with melee and walk into them, Niko remains focused on the ped no matter which way you move around them, there's no need to crouch, just push them into obstacles and watch their health decrease.

hmm... didn't know you could do it that way as well biggrin.gif... thanks!

i just thought it was a cool find because i was ducked down moving behind cars to avoid some gangster trying to shoot at me... and i started pushing some cab driver all over the place when i was ducked down... locking onto the ped probably helps you guide him a lot better too...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jul 3 2008, 01:07 AM
Post #11

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Didn't know about the radio. Thats a HUGE help. Thanks.

I like bumping into people then they try and fight me. I do this near a cop and all I do is block. So when they swing the cops go after them. I've gotten so many peds arrested.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Guest_Linkin Parkinson's_*
post Jul 3 2008, 05:17 AM
Post #12

Guests

Lmfao @ people not knowing that holding left or right on the d-pad turns the radio off. Also if you hold X your lights will turn on.

I'll try that crouch push shit it seems interesting enough to try ingame.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 3 2008, 03:20 PM
Post #13

i tried the locking onto someone and pushing them but, its damn near impossible to push them in a certain direction... you practically do circles around the target... at least with my way, you can push him wherever you want to biggrin.gif...

lol, i am glad i learned about the radio... sometimes you just don't wanna listen to the radio, you wanna listen to the streets or, listen to the motorcycle roar...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Jul 3 2008, 07:23 PM
Post #14

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jul 3 2008, 08:20 AM) [snapback]1452427[/snapback]
lol, i am glad i learned about the radio... sometimes you just don't wanna listen to the radio,

you wanna listen to the streets or,

listen to the motorcycle roar...

Yup....or pigeons! Stuck in traffic once, I heard one.
It was funny because you just look over, and there's one
staring at you, on a post, steps, or bench on the street. tongue.gif

Some of the conversations are interesting to hear,
at least the first time the friends talk. So radio off.
Missions same, the conversation about the mafia family name
being a type of cheese or something....hilarious.

For Jacob I need 100% audio concentration to decipher his language. laugh.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 08:55 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4