Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Grand Easton Station
Mintymanau
post Jun 29 2008, 06:09 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 41,830

Does anyone know how to enter the grand easton station building itself - like in the trailer?
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
I Made Your Mom ...
post Jul 31 2008, 11:56 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 8,614
XBL Gamertag: Strike Viper
PSN Name: Imbrium

From my experience locked, physics-based doors can often be glitched/jammed open with a well-placed vehicle. I'm going to have a try at this one, it sounds interesting.

Edit:
Reporting back...
The Grand Easton Terminal building doesn't have a glass dome, only the bank about three blocks south does, which matches the pattern and shape of the dome from the original trailer.
In the alley on the east side of the building there is a window cleaners' lift, which can be used to get onto the roof of the building adjacent. There's a suspiciously detailed stairway down from the lift onto the roof, which sits in stark contrast to the rest of the roof, which is flat concrete surrounded by a tall, block rim. This may have been part of an mission at some point, but it looks like it must have been cut very early on.
The aforementioned gap above the door on the far east entrance contains nothing; you can clearly see sky and buildings through the other side, so if there was an interior there, there isn't now. However, the fact that the gap is there at all points to the possiblity that it was an enterable interior at one point, and the doors were simply converted back to static props when it was abandoned.

The entire area around the station could have been the focus for a mission at some point, but because of the way everything's been removed and cleaned up so well I'd say it was dumped quite early on. Shame really.

This post has been edited by I Made Your Mom In GMod: Aug 1 2008, 12:29 AM

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 09:40 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4