Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Grand Easton Station
Mintymanau
post Jun 29 2008, 06:09 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 41,830

Does anyone know how to enter the grand easton station building itself - like in the trailer?
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OptimumPx
post Jun 29 2008, 06:49 AM
Post #2

Basket Case
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,168

What trailer?

Niko doesn't enter Grand Easton Station in any of the trailers. Also there is no way inside the building.

--------------------
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny 
post Jun 29 2008, 08:17 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,184

QUOTE(OptimumPx @ Jun 29 2008, 04:49 PM) [snapback]1451550[/snapback]
What trailer?

Niko doesn't enter Grand Easton Station in any of the trailers. Also there is no way inside the building.

In the first trailer, when it is showing parts of Liberty, it shows the inside of a train station.

I think it was either cut from the game, or was only made for the trailer.

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
BioSphere
post Jun 29 2008, 09:11 AM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 39,882

I just watched the trailer... and i dont see any Station.. The only thing i can think that your talking about or maybe thinking it is a station is just the inside of a warehouse for a mission.

Add: Watching them trailers made me want to start a new game and do the missions again.

This post has been edited by BioSphere: Jun 29 2008, 09:19 AM

--------------------
GTA IV - 100% Completed
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jun 30 2008, 01:13 PM
Post #5

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

There is a ceiling shot in the first trailer of the dome (shown in "time elapse" with the clouds moving overhead). It is clearly the dome from the Grand Easton Station. If you go to it's location, you'll see there is an extensive network of unopenable doors (complete with doormen). You can also get ontop of the building and see that is infact the dome from the trailer. As mentioned above, you can't actually go inside, although many people assumed that you could based on the trailer footage.

Most people assume it was omitted from the game last minute or will available in DLC.

Add: There has to be a train track running through there, right? I wonder if the station can be accessed from below ground...

This post has been edited by Stoic Person Eater: Jun 30 2008, 01:14 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
OptimumPx
post Jun 30 2008, 05:17 PM
Post #6

Basket Case
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,168

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jun 30 2008, 09:13 AM) [snapback]1451765[/snapback]
There is a ceiling shot in the first trailer of the dome (shown in "time elapse" with the clouds moving overhead). It is clearly the dome from the Grand Easton Station. If you go to it's location, you'll see there is an extensive network of unopenable doors (complete with doormen). You can also get ontop of the building and see that is infact the dome from the trailer. As mentioned above, you can't actually go inside, although many people assumed that you could based on the trailer footage.

Most people assume it was omitted from the game last minute or will available in DLC.

Add: There has to be a train track running through there, right? I wonder if the station can be accessed from below ground...

Actually the stained glass dome isn't from Grand Easton Station....if you go up on the roof of the building you'll see that there is no dome and none of the buildings seen through the dome are anywhere near Midtown Algonquin.

The glass dome is actually from the bank you rob in Chinatown. You can tell from the fact that you can see 40 Wall St. through the glass (in red). You can also see One New York Plaza from the glass as well (in green).

If you fly out and land on top of the bank you'll see the stained glass dome and the two skyscrapers as seen through it.

--------------------
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jun 30 2008, 05:53 PM
Post #7

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE(OptimumPx @ Jun 30 2008, 01:17 PM) [snapback]1451809[/snapback]
The glass dome is actually from the bank you rob in Chinatown. You can tell from the fact that you can see 40 Wall St. through the glass (in red). You can also see One New York Plaza from the glass as well (in green).

If you fly out and land on top of the bank you'll see the stained glass dome and the two skyscrapers as seen through it.

Well, excuse me. I stand corrected.

The glass dome in the trailer looks identical to the one in Grand Central.
Achievements

+Quote Post
istealkegs
post Jul 31 2008, 02:09 PM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 41,227

I think there IS an inside to Grand Easton Station...

If you check this spot on the map, HERE, you'll find 2 large brown wooden doors. Above them it says, Grand Easton Station. If you stand right in front of them, and SLOWLY move the camera up or down, you can see a break between the top of the door, and the door way itself... it appears as if there is "light" coming from inside the building... the door seems to be it's own object, rather than just part of the building textured to look like a door...

I tried for a very long time to get in, but with no luck. HOWEVER, I did manage to find something yesterday that I think could help getting inside...

Yesterday, I was driving a Speedo (utility van), and while traveling at high speed, I hit something that caused me to be ejected from the windshield... I flew out of the vehicle, and hit a wall perpendicular to the direction i was traveling. The wall was maybe 6 feet high and 2 feet thick. After I hit the wall, and dropped to the ground, the van that I was driving, caught up to me and pinned me between the van and the wall I had just hit. When the animation of Niko getting back up to his feet happened, I got pushed straight through the wall and stood up on the other side...

I don't know if it is possible to recreate such a thing, in a specific place like this, but maybe worth a shot?
Achievements

+Quote Post
I Made Your Mom ...
post Jul 31 2008, 11:56 PM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,614
XBL Gamertag: Strike Viper
PSN Name: Imbrium

From my experience locked, physics-based doors can often be glitched/jammed open with a well-placed vehicle. I'm going to have a try at this one, it sounds interesting.

Edit:
Reporting back...
The Grand Easton Terminal building doesn't have a glass dome, only the bank about three blocks south does, which matches the pattern and shape of the dome from the original trailer.
In the alley on the east side of the building there is a window cleaners' lift, which can be used to get onto the roof of the building adjacent. There's a suspiciously detailed stairway down from the lift onto the roof, which sits in stark contrast to the rest of the roof, which is flat concrete surrounded by a tall, block rim. This may have been part of an mission at some point, but it looks like it must have been cut very early on.
The aforementioned gap above the door on the far east entrance contains nothing; you can clearly see sky and buildings through the other side, so if there was an interior there, there isn't now. However, the fact that the gap is there at all points to the possiblity that it was an enterable interior at one point, and the doors were simply converted back to static props when it was abandoned.

The entire area around the station could have been the focus for a mission at some point, but because of the way everything's been removed and cleaned up so well I'd say it was dumped quite early on. Shame really.

This post has been edited by I Made Your Mom In GMod: Aug 1 2008, 12:29 AM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Aug 1 2008, 01:51 AM
Post #10

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,395
XBL Gamertag: synchronizer
PSN Name: alpha male
Xfire Identity: XFire it up

Excellent detailed write-up!
Outstanding work and observations man. cool.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 18 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Apparently, Synch does acid rather than smoking weed...
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 6 2009, 12:05 PM) *
synch is a fucking walking fallout 3 wikipedia lol...
Achievements

+Quote Post
istealkegs
post Jan 23 2009, 03:25 PM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 41,227

QUOTE(istealkegs @ Jul 31 2008, 09:09 AM) [snapback]1457087[/snapback]
I think there IS an inside to Grand Easton Station...

If you check this spot on the map, HERE, you'll find 2 large brown wooden doors. Above them it says, Grand Easton Station. If you stand right in front of them, and SLOWLY move the camera up or down, you can see a break between the top of the door, and the door way itself... it appears as if there is "light" coming from inside the building... the door seems to be it's own object, rather than just part of the building textured to look like a door...

What do you think? You think Grand Easton is going to be one of the new building interiors in the DLC? They did say that there are now going to be a bunch of new interiors to buildings, and this one seems like it is set up for it...

I sure f-in hope so...

This post has been edited by istealkegs: Jan 23 2009, 03:26 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 01:20 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4