Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Losing safehouse cars, in relation to Stevie's garage
TheMovement
post Jun 6 2008, 07:58 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 41,261

I know there is a 'disappearing cars' topic, but I haven't noticed anything about this specifically. If there is I apologize.

Anyway....I had the misfortune of realizing stevies garage can make your saved cars disappear, well, in a way. I was stocking up on cash and selling cars left and right to stevies garage the other day. I have an Infernus and a Comet parked at my safehouse in Bohan. So I take a Turismo, and use it to spawn a bunch more down that street on the far west side of Bohan. So I park the turismo I'm in, jack another, take turns driving them both towards my safehouse and park one in the gap between my infernus and comet. (3 cars currently parked)

I then take the other turismo and sell it to stevies garage for some quick cash. Now I go back to my safehouse to grab the second turismo and sell it. When I get back there, the comet has vanished, my infernus is still there, and the turismo is still where i parked it. Now I know that you can have more than 2 cars sitting at your parking spot while you are playing, you just can't save with more than 2 parked or some will disappear. Once I realized that stevies garage can cause this to happen also I thought I would pass it on in case it may help someone avoid losing cars.

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jun 6 2008, 08:06 PM
Post #2

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

not for me... i can't even play around without saving and still keep 3 cars... as soon as i leave the safehouse area and return, only two cars remain... sometimes only one...

so, i don't even bother trying to cram a bunch of cars in these "garages/parking spots" like in previous games... because it never works for me...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
mastahkill666
post Jun 6 2008, 08:25 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,532

I think it isn't caused by stevie's garage but by hitting the comet a little outside the yellow line with the turismo so that it vanished.

This post has been edited by mastahkill666: Jun 6 2008, 08:26 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheMovement
post Jun 6 2008, 09:16 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 41,261

QUOTE(mastahkill666 @ Jun 6 2008, 03:25 PM) [snapback]1445762[/snapback]
I think it isn't caused by stevie's garage but by hitting the comet a little outside the yellow line with the turismo so that it vanished.

No, actually I never touched the comet with the turismo. I parked it right between the infernus and the comet, with space on each side. The infernus and comet are facing north, the turismo facing east. I just think somehow when you park an extra car in your spot, stevies garage must work something like a save when you deliver a car. I've also noticed i'll get a thumbs down from friends once in a while when delivering a car. No call as i'm driving to the garage, but after the brief scene of the door closing i get a thumbs down as if they called during the process. odd.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Guest_Thrilla in Manila_*
post Jun 6 2008, 09:42 PM
Post #5

Guests

Who are you selling the second Turismo to?
Achievements

+Quote Post
r1cen00dles
post Jun 7 2008, 02:46 AM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 40,637

i never save more than 3 cars in the space. The best way is NOT to save while gameplay if you want three cars in one spot.

You can however use the space to fix back your car. :]

--------------------
im the type that lurks around...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Guido The Butche...
post Jun 7 2008, 03:17 AM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 40,097

I have had cars disappear from the spots in bohan and algonquin (roman's, not playboy's) but it was with two cars in bohan and with 2 cars and a motorcycle in algonquin. I have left those as the game likes-just one car in bohan and a motorcycle and one car in algonquin and they stay put. I was also very anal bout making sure they were parked inside the lines before they vanished. The problem is real and it is not caused by parking carelessly.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mr_Snowballs
post Jun 13 2008, 02:45 AM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 41,570

I was at my house on the third island, the one that has the stunt jump near it over the water and I had only 1 car parked there, my Romero.

I found a Turismo, saved it there to do the stunt jump, and then came out and my Turismo was parked perfectly on the end where my Romero previously was, and the Romero was completely gone (I didn't touch it, I came from the other side and made sure not to bump it.)

I had to load up a previous Auto-Save version of my save game so I could keep the Romero.

EDIT: I Haven't had anything to do with Stevie yet.

This post has been edited by Mr_Snowballs: Jun 13 2008, 02:46 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mr. Bellic
post Jul 11 2008, 10:10 AM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 41,990

This happens to me sorta too, but i think its because i enter a [spoiler]shit[/spoiler]load of cheats.
see, whenever i try to park a red & black zombie, even if theres enough space, it will disappear for no [spoiler]fuck[/spoiler]ing reason and i get pissed because its hard to get and i never see it usually in missions i do but it almost NEVER appears on the road, even though ive seen some on the road. locked.gif

--------------------

-You don't need that many gamercards. - Zen
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jul 11 2008, 01:03 PM
Post #10

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE(Mr. Bellic @ Jul 11 2008, 06:10 AM) [snapback]1454034[/snapback]
This happens to me sorta too, but i think its because i enter a [spoiler]shit[/spoiler]load of cheats.
see, whenever i try to park a red & black zombie, even if theres enough space, it will disappear for no [spoiler]fuck[/spoiler]ing reason and i get pissed because its hard to get and i never see it usually in missions i do but it almost NEVER appears on the road, even though ive seen some on the road. locked.gif

[spoiler]You don't have to use spoiler tags for cuss words.[/spoiler] Fuck Shit. See?
Achievements

+Quote Post
GMT
post Jul 11 2008, 01:31 PM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,985

yea, not using those cuss words at all works fine aswell happy4.gif

--------------------
GTA: 100% / GTA London: 100% / GTA2: 75% / GTAIII: 100% / GTA VC: 100% / GTA SA: 100% / GTA advance: no / GTA LCS: no / GTA VCS: no /
GTA IV: 1x100%

Found something worth showing?
Try the SnapMap to pinpoint locations
Achievements

+Quote Post
glowworm
post Jul 18 2008, 07:56 PM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 40,065

it's the coppers!!!

you know how every once in a while you'll see a cop chasing you in some random car that he jacked, well they do it all the damn time and they will take your saved cars.

test it out: drive around, cause some havoc and get the cops to chase you, then park next to two of your saved cars and run around a bit to get the cops on their feet, then hop in one of your saved cars and look behind you; you'll see those dirty bastards take your other ride.

those sons of bitches!!

This post has been edited by glowworm: Jul 18 2008, 07:57 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
HongKongPhooey
post Jul 18 2008, 10:15 PM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 5,207

QUOTE(glowworm @ Jul 18 2008, 07:56 PM) [snapback]1455337[/snapback]
it's the coppers!!!

you know how every once in a while you'll see a cop chasing you in some random car that he jacked, well they do it all the damn time and they will take your saved cars.

test it out: drive around, cause some havoc and get the cops to chase you, then park next to two of your saved cars and run around a bit to get the cops on their feet, then hop in one of your saved cars and look behind you; you'll see those dirty bastards take your other ride.

those sons of bitches!!

hes right ive watched them do it

--------------------
"I try to catch him right on the tip of the nose, because I try to push the bone into the brain." -Mike Tyson
"My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm." - Mike Tyson
Achievements

+Quote Post
Dr. Evil
post Jul 19 2008, 06:44 AM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 41,441

QUOTE(glowworm @ Jul 18 2008, 12:56 PM) [snapback]1455337[/snapback]
it's the coppers!!!

those sons of bitches!!

Yeppers...I had a cop jack my beautiful Infernus. Its all good...it wasn't the one Bernie gave me, plus I still had 3 others.

--------------------
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 (talking about his cell phone) @ Feb 2 2009, 05:40 PM) [snapback]1481580[/snapback]
Motorola Rizr on T-Mobile. 'Cept mine doesn't have an interracial gay couple as the background.

QUOTE(Sittin @ Oct 14 2008, 07:07 AM) [snapback]1468555[/snapback]
Speaking of a big pussy getting fucked... banned.

CLICKY
Achievements

+Quote Post
GLC
post Jul 20 2008, 10:04 AM
Post #15

Anus.
Group Icon

Member No.: 38,852

QUOTE(sneaky @ Jul 19 2008, 07:44 AM) [snapback]1455427[/snapback]
QUOTE(glowworm @ Jul 18 2008, 12:56 PM) [snapback]1455337[/snapback]
it's the coppers!!!

those sons of bitches!!

Yeppers...I had a cop jack my beautiful Infernus. Its all good...it wasn't the one Bernie gave me, plus I still had 3 others.

i had an infernus taken as well.my favourite green one! i just reloaded my game as soon as i saw a cop get in it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
trathen93
post Jul 20 2008, 10:40 AM
Post #16

LFC

Member No.: 39,835
PSN Name: trathen

ive had this problem so much.
the only car of mine that hasnt been jacked by liberty city's finest is my infernus from bernie.
theyve taken loads of cars from me and it pisses me off!
the latest was my banshee in bohan, I was goin to sell it to stevie and when i got there its like "WTF!?, wheres my fuckin banshee?"
the cops are so annoying.
i wish i still had my huntley,i run all the fuckes down in it! XD.png

--------------------

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Achievements

+Quote Post
joemama8933
post Sep 20 2008, 06:11 PM
Post #17

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 42,901

when i try to store an infernus in my safehouse(bohan) and i get in another and use health armor and munition cheat, the first infernus disappears
Achievements

+Quote Post
GTA 4EVER
post Sep 29 2008, 11:32 AM
Post #18

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 42,803

so because that, i never store my car on the parking space more than 2. i'm only storing rare cars and great cars such as infernus, futo gt, sultan rs and also roman's cab

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mp5shooter
post Nov 3 2008, 10:09 PM
Post #19

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 43,561

You know, I think this actually happened to me but at my Alderney safehouse. In the north parking spot I had a Police Stockade and I think I had a NOOSE cruiser in the south part of the parking spot. I was driving back from Pegorino's in a Cognoscenti that he had there and I parked it up south of the southern parking spot car at Aldreney safehouse (The NOOSE cruiser). When I got out, the car alarm went off (?????) and then it stopped. I had left the door open. I went in and saved the game I think and when I came back down the Police Stockade was gone and it was replaced with the Cognoscenti with it's door open (Or did the stockade just disappear and the cogno stayed where it was?) :$ I reloaded my backup save and tried it again and it happened again... weird. Except there was no alarm that went off this time.
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 08:26 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4