Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Brucie doesn't have any more races?
Ruubie
post May 17 2008, 09:28 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,968

So I've completed 6 races for Brucie and everytime I try to call him, he says there's nothing going on...
Is this a bug? Why can't I do any more races? My friendship and respect are both near 100% I think, so what could be the reason?

Thanks!

This post has been edited by Ruubie: May 17 2008, 09:28 AM
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Harlequiine
post May 17 2008, 11:46 AM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 40,237

Not sure if this is right, but try calling him in different parts of the map.
It's like the Most Wanted missions I think, they differ depending what island you are on.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ruubie
post May 17 2008, 02:33 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 23,968

QUOTE(Harlequiine @ May 17 2008, 01:46 PM) [snapback]1437186[/snapback]
Not sure if this is right, but try calling him in different parts of the map.
It's like the Most Wanted missions I think, they differ depending what island you are on.

Thanks for the tip man, I'll try that. smile.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
BioSphere
post May 17 2008, 02:52 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 39,882

yep there's 9 races... 3 in broker, 3 in algonquin, and 3 in alderny.

--------------------
GTA IV - 100% Completed
Achievements

+Quote Post
Indy
post May 17 2008, 04:29 PM
Post #5

Vandal

Member No.: 23,844

If you're too near to a race start, it sometimes doesn't work. After completing a save, you may have to save the game to skip 6 hours to get a race. Usually its your location that affects whether he has a race for you or not.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post May 17 2008, 07:06 PM
Post #6

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,395
XBL Gamertag: synchronizer
PSN Name: alpha male
Xfire Identity: XFire it up

QUOTE(Van Hel Singh @ May 17 2008, 09:29 AM) [snapback]1437253[/snapback]
If you're too near to a race start, it sometimes doesn't work.
After completing a save, you may have to save the game to skip 6 hours to get a race.
Usually its your location that affects whether he has a race for you or not.

Yup noticed that. Location affects races.
I've had to move around or save to get
the first one on Algonquin.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 18 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Apparently, Synch does acid rather than smoking weed...
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 6 2009, 12:05 PM) *
synch is a fucking walking fallout 3 wikipedia lol...
Achievements

+Quote Post
XtRaVa
post Jun 10 2008, 09:11 PM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 41,279

I'm having more of a problem - I cant even select the race option.

I believe it may be because his like factor for me has dropped below 40% (as I've been busy doing other things to 100% the game) - this also seems true because if I go to a very old save file where it is above this % the race option is there.

Problem is, no matter where I am, what time of the day it is, or what option I choose, he always says "This is Brucie pushing it to the max" and to leave a message...He never answers or lets me do an activity with him (to raise the like % back up).

Is my game ruined? I've done a heck of a lot since the old save file where the option is still there. I read somewhere there is nothing you can do in the game to mess up getting 100% - but this currently doesnt seem true?

sad.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jun 10 2008, 10:01 PM
Post #8

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

QUOTE(XtRaVa @ Jun 10 2008, 05:11 PM) [snapback]1446932[/snapback]

I believe it may be because his like factor for me has dropped below 40% (as I've been busy doing other things to 100% the game) - this also seems true because if I go to a very old save file where it is above this % the race option is there.

Problem is, no matter where I am, what time of the day it is, or what option I choose, he always says "This is Brucie pushing it to the max" and to leave a message...He never answers or lets me do an activity with him (to raise the like % back up).

Is my game ruined? I've done a heck of a lot since the old save file where the option is still there. I read somewhere there is nothing you can do in the game to mess up getting 100% - but this currently doesnt seem true?

sad.gif

sounds like your gonna have to wait for brucie to call you to hang out... if you can't get them to answer, you have to wait for them to reach you... i had a problem with brucie on my first save file... i completely ignored him because i thought he was a tool... eventually i couldn't ever get a hold of him... once he called me to hang out though, i jumped at the opportunity, took him to a couple spots and sure enough, i was able to chat it up with him again...

lol, i really didn't wanna hang with him on my first save game... and now that i'm halfway through my second, i think he's one of the best characters in the game... lol, go figure...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Jun 10 2008, 10:04 PM
Post #9

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,395
XBL Gamertag: synchronizer
PSN Name: alpha male
Xfire Identity: XFire it up

QUOTE(XtRaVa @ Jun 10 2008, 02:11 PM) [snapback]1446932[/snapback]

sad.gif

Keep calling during the day. Drive over to where his shop is.
Just keep trying to hang out with him. Sooner or later he will answer his phone.
Remember when he does answer, he doesn't like Burger Shot or Cluckin' Bell.
Also he likes bowling. Just keep trying, build up that respect again.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 18 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Apparently, Synch does acid rather than smoking weed...
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 6 2009, 12:05 PM) *
synch is a fucking walking fallout 3 wikipedia lol...
Achievements

+Quote Post
XtRaVa
post Jun 11 2008, 07:35 AM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 41,279

Okay guys - I was wondering maybe whether he'd randomly call me like he has in the past...I have been neglecting my friends recently due to other missions so I'll jump at the chance to do something with him when he calls.

I'll just do other things till he does! Thanks.
Achievements

+Quote Post
GTA_Niko
post Jun 12 2008, 05:07 AM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 41,407

took me a bit to figure that out too, you have to call him from each island for each race. Just call him from near a safehouse, so you can have a car handy.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jun 12 2008, 10:24 PM
Post #12

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE(§ynch @ Jun 10 2008, 06:04 PM) [snapback]1446948[/snapback]
Remember when he does answer, he doesn't like Burger Shot or Cluckin' Bell.

But he does however like the Superstar Cafe on the second island.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Werdna
post Jul 27 2008, 06:08 PM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 42,277

Your location does matter for which race, but if the Race option has disappeared from your phone completely it might depend on where you are in the game missions, especially if you're close to the end. Once I got close to the wedding/revenge missions I noticed it disappeared, but once I finished the game, the Race option was back in my phone.
Achievements

+Quote Post
george c
post Jul 27 2008, 06:23 PM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 42,275

QUOTE(Ruubie @ May 17 2008, 10:28 AM) [snapback]1437161[/snapback]
So I've completed 6 races for Brucie and everytime I try to call him, he says there's nothing going on...
Is this a bug? Why can't I do any more races? My friendship and respect are both near 100% I think, so what could be the reason?

Thanks!

You have to go to another island, probably Alderny, I had this problem, and I tried phoning him on the three different islands and on Alderny it worked
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 11:30 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4