IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Infamous Diamonds, where did they come from?
aussie_b8ler
post May 13 2008, 06:14 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,947

not a hint, but it is a semi-find.

as most of you know there are heaps of missions that revolve around diamonds in gta 4.

first you've got to get them, then make a deal, the deal goes wrong, you lose the diamonds, you try to get them back, you kill some jewish people, but just when you are about to get them some random guy throws them in truck headed for the dump.

but i always wondered where did these diamonds come from. but then, the answer came to me when i started a new game.

do you remember the opening movie where you see that guy put a diamond in a pot and stir it around??

do you think they are the same diamonds??

This post has been edited by J~D: May 13 2008, 06:20 AM
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OptimumPx
post May 13 2008, 06:47 AM
Post #2

Basket Case
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,168

Most likely, yes. smile.gif

--------------------
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post May 13 2008, 10:14 AM
Post #3

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

Can't believe I never made this connection til you pointed it out.

Now I feel stupid. >_>

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post May 13 2008, 01:30 PM
Post #4

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE(J~D @ May 13 2008, 02:14 AM) [snapback]1434872[/snapback]

as most of you know there are heaps of missions that revolve around diamonds in gta 4.

first you've got to get them, then make a deal, the deal goes wrong, you lose the diamonds, you try to get them back, you kill some jewish people, but just when you are about to get them some random guy throws them in truck headed for the dump.

but i always wondered where did these diamonds come from. but then, the answer came to me when i started a new game.

do you remember the opening movie where you see that guy put a diamond in a pot and stir it around??

I haven't gotten to the diamond missions in the game yet, but I knew that those diamonds from the intro would later come into play. I would definitely assume they are the same diamonds.

And you get to kill Jewish people?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Indy
post May 13 2008, 03:38 PM
Post #5

Vandal

Member No.: 23,844

That's a brilliant find. After watching him put it away, it completely slipped my mind, I didn't even think about it after that.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Zen
post May 13 2008, 03:55 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 35,460

Reminds me somewhat of a film called Snatch.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Sincil
post May 13 2008, 04:38 PM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 40,681

I JUST started a new game and spotted that and thought i'd come on here and point it out and then feel brilliant about myseelf, thanks for stealing my thunder do.gif But the first time i played i thought they'd be improtant later in the game, then forgot about them tongue.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
Nec
post May 13 2008, 05:25 PM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 29,610

I remembered them from the opening because I thought it was funny that they were being baked into birthday cakes. All I could think of was someone accidentally breaking their teeth on a big chunk of diamond. Make for an interesting birthday party.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
OptimumPx
post May 13 2008, 05:30 PM
Post #9

Basket Case
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,168

QUOTE(Nec @ May 13 2008, 01:25 PM) [snapback]1435179[/snapback]
I remembered them from the opening because I thought it was funny that they were being baked into birthday cakes. All I could think of was someone accidentally breaking their teeth on a big chunk of diamond. Make for an interesting birthday party.

Well, you know a diamond would more then pay for any dental work needed. smile.gif

--------------------
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.
Achievements

+Quote Post
skez
post May 13 2008, 09:24 PM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 3,703

later on Dimitri phones you and claims they are Bulgarin's diamonds, or bulgarin claims this during the mission. Also, when you hand Gracie back over, the gay guy who she runes to (forgot his name) is often reffered to as the owner of these diamonds

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
braveheartofg
post May 13 2008, 11:12 PM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,660

QUOTE(OptimumPx @ May 13 2008, 06:30 PM) [snapback]1435180[/snapback]
QUOTE(Nec @ May 13 2008, 01:25 PM) [snapback]1435179[/snapback]

Well, you know a diamond would more then pay for any dental work needed. smile.gif

Instead of a gold tooth why not have the diamond chiseled into a tooth..~?~

--------------------
They're both under the limit-I just checked!
  1. ...
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. just wanted to get to four!!! can't wait
xbox is shite

and thats why you have an XBL username?

Your signature is too big. The maximum size is 550 by 250 pixels. Your old one was 600 x 332.
Achievements

+Quote Post
aussie_b8ler
post May 13 2008, 11:44 PM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(PabloHoneyOle @ May 13 2008, 01:30 PM) [snapback]1434966[/snapback]
And you get to kill Jewish people?

yes, it is in the mission "Late Checkout".

it is a really fun mission, especially throwing a grenade into the crowded hallway at the begining.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheStig
post May 14 2008, 01:38 AM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,500

At the end of the game when Weazel News comes in, there is a bum who claim he found diamonds thats worth $2 Million or something in the garbage.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
sirgraham
post May 15 2008, 10:33 PM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 40,732

Yeah turns out some bum found those diamonds... You can read about it on the liberty tree website i think..
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post May 16 2008, 02:14 AM
Post #15

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE(MisterReyes @ May 13 2008, 09:38 PM) [snapback]1435484[/snapback]
At the end of the game when Weazel News comes in, there is a bum who claim he found diamonds thats worth $2 Million or something in the garbage.

Never noticed, very awesome.

QUOTE(Asthenia @ May 13 2008, 06:14 AM) [snapback]1434911[/snapback]

Now I feel stupid. >_>

Thats only because you are stupid. Fuck Ast!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
aussie_b8ler
post May 16 2008, 10:37 AM
Post #16

Upstanding Citizen

hey, you never noticed aswell tongue.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post May 16 2008, 11:14 AM
Post #17

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ May 16 2008, 03:14 AM) [snapback]1436549[/snapback]

QUOTE(MisterReyes @ May 13 2008, 09:38 PM) [snapback]1435484[/snapback]

Never noticed, very awesome.

QUOTE(Asthenia @ May 13 2008, 06:14 AM) [snapback]1434911[/snapback]

Now I feel stupid. >_>

Thats only because you are stupid. Fuck Ast!

Just as stupid as you buddy. Fuck D-O!

Now how do I contribute to this topic without spamming?

I can't.. I'm just gonna go play Late Checkout again. Why haven't we got space for more than 12 gamesaves?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny 
post May 16 2008, 12:48 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 38,184

I thought the diamonds would come back into the game but then forgot about them...

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
Money Over Bulls...
post Mar 1 2009, 07:23 PM
Post #19

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 48,997

This is the complete story of the diamonds as far as I know:

1. Guy puts them into cake mix in the openinig sequence of GTA 4 (presumabley to smuggle them off the ship)

2. Same guy sells the diamonds to Gay Tony and The Lost attempt to ambush the exchange

3. The Ancellotti guys realise whats about to go down and Gay Tony gives the diamonds to his boyfriend so he can make a getaway. (Tony then flees with Luis Lopez in a seperate limo)

4. Johnny shoots down Tony's boyfriend's Limo and steals the diamonds

5. Johnny hides the diamonds in trash bags

6. Niko collects them from the trash bags that Johnny left them in earlier and gives them to Ray Boccino (who told Johnny to get them from the exchange).

7. Ray becomes suspicious that one of the guys who helped Niko to retreive the diamonds from the trashbags tried to rip him of by stealing some of the diamonds in order to sell them to make money for himself. He orders Niko to kill him and his buddies and retrieve the stolen diamonds

8. Niko and Johnny go to a deal with the Jewish Mob (Isaac and Mori etc) at The Libertonian. Just as the deal is about to take place, Luis shoots two of the Jews with an AK47 through the window of the museam. He then gains posession of the diamonds although we don't know how... Yet

9. Luis then gives the diamonds to Gay Tony

10. Some time later Niko and the McRearys kidnap Tony's good friend Gracie Ancellotti in order to use her as a bargaining tool to get the diamonds

11. The deal is set up and an exchange (gracie for the diamonds) takes place at a plant on Charge Island but just as is about to happen, Ray Bulgarin (who is thought to be the original owner of the diamonds) ambushes the deal and one of his men takes the diamonds and escapes up onto a nearby catwalk in the plant forcing Niko and Packie to fight it out with bulgarin's men in order to get them back. After much loss of life and destruction, Niko and Packie eventually corner The henceman that took the diamonds and point their guns at him. The henchman then throws the diamonds into the back of a passing garbage truck because he rightly believes that he will be shot dead even if he hands them over. This is the last we physically see of the diamonds

12. A couple of days later it is mentioned on a radio news report that a Homeless guy found the diamonds said to be worth $2 million and lives a happily ever after.

THE END

And yes it is very like Snatch. In fact I think GTA 4 is turning out to be very like a Guy Ritchie/Quentin Tarentino movie with all the different plot twists and interconnecting stories. It's quite good though... I like it smile.gif

This post has been edited by Money Over Bullshit: Mar 1 2009, 07:33 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Mar 2 2009, 06:50 PM
Post #20

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

I'm sure the diamonds will feature in some way in the next DLC, not that i'll get to see it, just read about it.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 06:18 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4