Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cars STILL disappear at safehouses?
_KcIrTaP_
post May 11 2008, 08:57 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,457

So I was just wondering about the rest of you, but I am still having my cars disappear sometimes after i save the game and load later. I know it was very common in san andreas and vice city so i figured they would have fixed it for gtaiv. apparently not sad.gif

--------------------
GTAIV: 30%
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tree1
post May 11 2008, 09:18 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,561

neva happend to me in GTA VC, SA, VCS, LCS nd IV :S
Achievements

+Quote Post
Sharpie Fetish
post May 11 2008, 09:23 PM
Post #3

Litterer
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 34,595

This game just gets more and more dissapointing
Achievements

+Quote Post
In Kontrol
post May 11 2008, 09:29 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,653

QUOTE(Delorean @ May 11 2008, 10:23 PM) [snapback]1434216[/snapback]
This game just gets more and more dissapointing

You sure?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Tyla
post May 11 2008, 09:42 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 30,789

Sometimes it's possible for a parked car to get knocked out of the space by a Ped car, it's happened to me once or twice when i've ambushed Police at my safehouse and there cars knocked mine out of the way.

--------------------

PS3 ID : DaveTyla. Member of the IVTV Zero Degrees clan, we're cold motherfuckers.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Indy
post May 11 2008, 10:15 PM
Post #6

Vandal

Member No.: 23,844

Only 2 cars alllowed in the allocated parking space. Sometimes a cop might steal your car.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
mattyg
post May 12 2008, 12:21 AM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,033

DEFINATELY wish there was a garage....aside from the spaces...maybe not even at the safehouse (would be impossible to have a garage in some of those areas) but at a seperate lock up garage you can get or something...I hateeeee getting a car I realllly love and losing it.

This post has been edited by mattyg: May 13 2008, 11:14 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
tweeker
post May 12 2008, 12:44 AM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 40,102

I havnt had any of my cars disapear. at one of my safe houses I managed to get a chopper and a car in there no problem, and then I put a motorcycle under the tale of the chopper. All 3 vehicles saved.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Full Metal Monke...
post May 12 2008, 12:58 AM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,213

I think i've had a car disappear. It was the Maybach lookalike. I saw it when i was driving around Algonquin and though: 'hmm, i've never seen that before.'

So i stole it from some poor sole and parked it in front of one of my safehouses and i can't find it again. Ive checked all of them but i might just be blind.

--------------------
Stunt Double for Nick Frost
Achievements

+Quote Post
Dedeleko
post May 12 2008, 09:56 AM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,641

you could ofcourse send an e-mail to R* about all the complaints everyone has because it might be maybe some bugs or whatever because posting it here is kinda pointless

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Zeitgeist
post May 12 2008, 10:58 AM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 40,638

I've never had any cars in either 3-D GTA disappear on me, although I wouldn't be utterly upset if they did. I'd reason that they've been stolen, by the less-than-honest elements of the Liberty City population. thumbup.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
billyfury
post May 12 2008, 11:34 AM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 40,640

Yes they CAN and DO disappear from your safe house. It's happened to me twice now at both of the first two safehouses. I did try to sneak a bike in on both occasions all three lasted about half a dozen saves the the last two vehicles I saved vanished so maybe It's two max per resident parking slot. Was hoping for some kind of warehouse where you could have stored a heap of stolen modded cars. Miss car modding a LOT:(
Achievements

+Quote Post
Dedeleko
post May 12 2008, 04:44 PM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,641

i don't im even glad that it's gone cars at SA looked awfully and i like the new cars now without modding it

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mzeppelin
post May 12 2008, 09:12 PM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 18,428

So far this hasn't happened to me.

--------------------
All GTAs: 100%.. besides IV which is currently 85.33%
Achievements

+Quote Post
billyfury
post May 12 2008, 09:58 PM
Post #15

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 40,640

QUOTE(Dedeleko @ May 12 2008, 05:44 PM) [snapback]1434542[/snapback]
i don't im even glad that it's gone cars at SA looked awfully and i like the new cars now without modding it

Firstly. Your'e right the cars in GTA4 do look awesome compared to the ones in SA. Thats why I was so looking forward to doing it! But you are missing my point. That is you didn't have to mod your cars in SA if you didn't want to. No one forced you did they? What I'm not happy about is that the option has been removed for those of us who enjoyed that element of the game. Secondly I dont believe posting on forums is pointless you did it yourself didn't you? And so did I!

R* WILL use them they'd be very foolish not to. It's free market research for them.

I don't believe SA recieived anywhere near the same amount of negative comments that GTA4 has generated upon its release
But we will all have to wait and see what happens in the next GTA instalment to see if these numerous criticisms are valid in R*s opinion. thats all that counts at the end of the day. personally I think they will have been stung by some the comments aired on the forums. And will change tack next time but that's just my opinion of course!

Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post May 12 2008, 10:55 PM
Post #16

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,395
XBL Gamertag: synchronizer
PSN Name: alpha male
Xfire Identity: XFire it up

QUOTE(_KcIrTaP_ @ May 11 2008, 01:57 PM) [snapback]1434204[/snapback]
So I was just wondering about the rest of you, but I am still having my cars disappear sometimes after i save the game and load later. I know it was very common in san andreas and vice city so i figured they would have fixed it for gtaiv. apparently not sad.gif

Haven't had this happen in GTA:IV.
Only storing 1 or 2 carefully parked vehicles in the parking spots.

As far as the older games, that never happened on PC to me,
but occasionally on the PS2 versions.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 18 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Apparently, Synch does acid rather than smoking weed...
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 6 2009, 12:05 PM) *
synch is a fucking walking fallout 3 wikipedia lol...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Zeitgeist
post May 13 2008, 12:59 AM
Post #17

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 40,638

QUOTE(billyfury @ May 13 2008, 09:58 AM) [snapback]1434694[/snapback]
I don't believe SA recieived anywhere near the same amount of negative comments that GTA4 has generated upon its release
But we will all have to wait and see what happens in the next GTA instalment to see if these numerous criticisms are valid in R*s opinion. thats all that counts at the end of the day. personally I think they will have been stung by some the comments aired on the forums. And will change tack next time but that's just my opinion of course!

All the negative criticisms come from people whining about not being able to do frivolous things like cut your hair or mod a car. The game is just fine without them. I rather they work on imporved graphics and advanced gameplay features than add more pointless stuff.

It boils down to a simple philosphy: Quality over quantity.

I'd also point you to the difference between GTA2 and GTA3. In GTA2 you could mod out your car with landmines, machine guns and oil slicks, basically making a weapon on wheels. You could also pick which gang your belonged to, rather than having one linear storyline.

In GTA3 that was all sacrificed, and the game was toned down to one city. The car customisatiosn were gone and you had one set of missions/bosses to work through. But it was worth it. Quality over quantity.

This post has been edited by Zeitgeist: May 13 2008, 01:05 AM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
HB~Sauce
post May 13 2008, 01:11 AM
Post #18

Vandal

Member No.: 20,125

QUOTE(Van Hel Singh @ May 11 2008, 04:15 PM) [snapback]1434236[/snapback]
Only 2 cars alllowed in the allocated parking space. Sometimes a cop might steal your car.

Really? I've never seen this happen, but it would make some sense since sometimes the AI drivers back up and book it from their cars and then the cops on foot could use the cars.

--------------------
I get bored...
Achievements

+Quote Post
CanadianEh48
post May 13 2008, 01:33 AM
Post #19

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 40,415

...id rather have ALOT (quantity) of advanced (quality) features. this game is a let down, simple as that. WAY over hyped. Perhaps a different city could help to solve this problem? The city(s) in SA offered a huge variety, allowing it to cater to a lot of different peoples interests. this game is...its missing something...it feels empty...reminds me of a saying..."Water water everywhere but not a drop to drink".
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post May 13 2008, 02:35 AM
Post #20

Goon
Group Icon

Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

I get the feeling this game was very difficult to make and in doing so they tried to make solid features prominent in the game by cutting down some ancillary ones; the reason being to finish the game properly with a refined edge instead of throwing more and more cities and haircuts into the bag. They probably didn't like the direction of GTASA and went back to the drawing board to work up new ideas of loose storylines instead of strict, linear ones. This game is a learning experience for the R* folks to see what the next-gen can offer in terms of their vision of non-linear storylines and for the online play.

Personally? The game to me is a beautiful Roman (not the doofus, mind you) statue with the trimmings and chiseled edges left alone for a raw effect, and little stones gather in a dust at the statue's feet. Rough, but still admirable. Beautiful. It isn't trying to make itself out to be perfect either.

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 03:12 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4