> Official: Stevie's Missions Discussion
ianmc
post Jun 12 2008, 12:48 PM
Post #81

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 41,555

Hello all

Iam currently trying my best to work through these missions and are'nt doing very well loking for some help to find the rebla

looked at the maps but cant seem to find it

cheers
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
enigmatica1
post Jun 14 2008, 11:44 PM
Post #82

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 41,599

QUOTE(MGibbo @ May 26 2008, 08:41 PM) [snapback]1441728[/snapback]
im struggling to find the cavalcade, any tips?

Damn...if I remember rightly, it's in a driveway facing north from Westdyke Memorial Hospital. If you haven't already got it, focus your search around the corner of Long John Avenue and Manzano Road in Northern Alderney...

QUOTE(JoelManiac @ Jun 10 2008, 10:20 AM) [snapback]1446734[/snapback]
I got it, i had been there heaps of times. haha

LOL...nice one. Had absolutely no idea where it was on my first attempt at finding it. In the end, I resorting to taking the Algonquin Helitour and locating it from the air!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(ORegan @ May 28 2008, 07:16 PM) [snapback]1442523[/snapback]
What street do you find the Cognoscenti in Alderney City? I've been searching around for about 5 hours on my own and can't find my way out of a paper bag at this point.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it thanks to the map Van Hel Singh posted

Glad you found it. I feel your pain...that one gave me the most trouble out of all the vehicles. I can probably quote the exact location of that vehicle in my sleep now...
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Jun 18 2008, 12:41 AM
Post #83

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

DUDE! I can't find the Buccaneer! It says Industrial District, (I can only see "Industrial" on the map so I assume that's it,) And my freakin' phone picture is hella dark! I can't see it so i have a real hard time finding it. Can someone help me?
EDIT: found it YAHOO!`

This post has been edited by TheAnalogKid: Jun 20 2008, 09:51 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Jun 23 2008, 09:19 AM
Post #84

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 8,395
XBL Gamertag: synchronizer
PSN Name: alpha male
Xfire Identity: XFire it up

QUOTE(STEALTHGEIST @ Jun 6 2008, 10:05 AM) [snapback]1445695[/snapback]
QUOTE(Dalz @ Jun 5 2008, 04:21 PM) [snapback]1445468[/snapback]
QUOTE(STEALTHGEIST @ May 25 2008, 02:32 PM) [snapback]1441418[/snapback]
So the glitch is definitely the quick save and specific to picture text messages. If you recieve a picture text message and either turn off your console or reload your last quick save, You will lose the message. F****d up thing is you lose it even if you got a quick save AFTER recieving the message. Funny though that you don't lose the regular text messages. Very nice little glitch. How about Grand Theft Achievement! Also, if you have the garage icon on your map, this means that you did recieve a call from Brucie and a message from Stevie. You just ended up skippimg the call and losing the message. Apparently Brucie will only call once about Stevie unlike any of the other calls in the game. So that means one of the cars is just sitting in one of the thirty locations waiting for you to find it. Although I didn't have any luck when I tried looking in these locations. Or maybe by some chance, you happened to find one of the cars without knowing it and ditched or wrecked it somewhere. It's gotta be out there somewhere. I just started over and actually finished the game rather quickly. It goes by fast if you take taxis everywhere and skip all the cut scenes. Oh well, I needed the Liberty City achievemnet anyway as I took my time the first time around. Peace yall and beware of the quick save.

I posted in your other thread on this one and then noticed there was another section for Stevie related stuff. I have the same problem you did. Finished game, no text, no cars at any of the 30 locations. Pretty frustrating to have to start over again for this one mission line. At least it's a great game otherwise...

Yeah, never found any solution to this problem other than starting over. Apparently if you miss Brucie's call about Stevie, You're screwed! There isn't anything else in the game that keeps you from getting %100. I contacted Rockstar and they were not interested in addressing the problem at all. Oh well, I played through a second time which gave me an oppurtunity to make different choices with who I killed so it was interesting. NOTE: If you kill Dwayne instead of Playboy X, you will not get X's apartment as a safehouse. Although you can still park cars in the space in front and just save from another location. There is a laptop in his apartment that you can use instead of going to the internet cafe so keep this in mind. Also, you won't be able to call Dwayne for backup which is a car that comes to your location with a couple of gangsters. They will follow you and shoot at anyone you are shooting at. At least you won't have to listen to Dwayne's constant cpmplaining. If you do start over, just skip all the cut scenes and take taxis everywhere and it should go farely quick. Remember to SAVE OFTEN and always have your phone on so you can answer it, Especially after you have completed the prereqs to initiate the Stevie missions. This made me quite paranoid and in fact I missed a call from Brucie. Luckily I hade saved right before because it was the call about Stevie. Finally got %100!

This is good to know, I have the Stevie glitch as well.
(Checked everything like 20 times)
Read on many other forums how many people emailed Rockstar,
they are of no help at all, and in complete denial. Sad really.

After reading your post, this is like the 3rd time I've come to
the conclusion it's quick save related. Thanks.
Guess I'll be starting over then. Or trying for a previous save.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 18 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Apparently, Synch does acid rather than smoking weed...
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 6 2009, 12:05 PM) *
synch is a fucking walking fallout 3 wikipedia lol...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Dr. Evil
post Jun 23 2008, 09:22 AM
Post #85

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 41,441

Finding all the cars is really easy if you follow the map that Van Hel Singh posted. I had found 2 already but found the rest yesterday just following the map.

--------------------
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 (talking about his cell phone) @ Feb 2 2009, 05:40 PM) [snapback]1481580[/snapback]
Motorola Rizr on T-Mobile. 'Cept mine doesn't have an interracial gay couple as the background.

QUOTE(Sittin @ Oct 14 2008, 07:07 AM) [snapback]1468555[/snapback]
Speaking of a big pussy getting fucked... banned.

CLICKY
Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Jun 23 2008, 09:28 AM
Post #86

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

QUOTE(sneaky @ Jun 23 2008, 02:22 AM) [snapback]1449867[/snapback]
Finding all the cars is really easy if you follow the map that Van Hel Singh posted. I had found 2 already but found the rest yesterday just following the map.

Sure, if you don't have the glitch.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Dr. Evil
post Jun 23 2008, 12:54 PM
Post #87

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 41,441

QUOTE(§ynch @ Jun 23 2008, 02:28 AM) [snapback]1449869[/snapback]

Nope...I don't have the glitch. In fact when I first stole the Moonbeam I didn't know where to take it so I left it on the streets. Later I went back and stole it again from the same place then took it to the garage in Broker. Few in-game hours later I had another text from Stevie. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

--------------------
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 (talking about his cell phone) @ Feb 2 2009, 05:40 PM) [snapback]1481580[/snapback]
Motorola Rizr on T-Mobile. 'Cept mine doesn't have an interracial gay couple as the background.

QUOTE(Sittin @ Oct 14 2008, 07:07 AM) [snapback]1468555[/snapback]
Speaking of a big pussy getting fucked... banned.

CLICKY
Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Jun 24 2008, 03:08 AM
Post #88

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

QUOTE(sneaky @ Jun 23 2008, 05:54 AM) [snapback]1449910[/snapback]
QUOTE(§ynch @ Jun 23 2008, 02:28 AM) [snapback]1449869[/snapback]

Nope...I don't have the glitch. In fact when I first stole the Moonbeam I didn't know where to take it so I left it on the streets. Later I went back and stole it again from the same place then took it to the garage in Broker. Few in-game hours later I had another text from Stevie. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Nice work, good to hear. I believe the Moonbeam is out on Charge Island.

I honor of about 10 guys from my other forums, and local friends, I called Rockstar to
try and place a level one support ticket for the Steve Glitch. Emailing is too slow.
It is a growing issue and some guy using PS3 even blogged it with history steps.

Of course R* told me it was a game-save corruption issue.
This means the static memory which saves cell phone imagery, is
hardware related (PS3 and XBox 360) and not a programming issue.
Autosave, or manual save, it didn't seem to matter. Power down - wipes it out.
Their troubleshooting steps we had already done many times over, all except
completely start a new game, and get up to the point where Steve first texts Niko.

That's funny. Sure, we'll be right there in about 40 hours guys...thanks. laugh.gif
So the support guy gave me a reference number, told me to call back,
after I had started a new game, made it all the way up to that point.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Gelly
post Aug 5 2008, 04:24 PM
Post #89

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 35,471

How long will it take before Stevie send me the message? I've done all of Brucie's storymissions, his e-mail-missions and "Smackdown" but haven't got any call from Brucie nor any message from Stevie.
Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Aug 5 2008, 04:30 PM
Post #90

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

QUOTE(Gelly @ Aug 5 2008, 09:24 AM) [snapback]1457833[/snapback]
How long will it take before Stevie send me the message? I've done all of Brucie's storymissions, his e-mail-missions and "Smackdown" but haven't got any call from Brucie nor any message from Stevie.

You get the call right after Smackdown.
The text follows the call.

If you never received these right after Smackdown,
my advice is to abandon game and go to a previous save.
That is the *only* thing that works.

Leave the phone on, and after completing Smackdown again,
wait in a safe place with no traffic , etc. so you won't get hit.
You can't have any disconnection at all when that one-time-only
call comes in from Brucie.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Gelly
post Aug 5 2008, 08:02 PM
Post #91

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 35,471

QUOTE(§ynch @ Aug 5 2008, 06:30 PM) [snapback]1457835[/snapback]
You get the call right after Smackdown.
The text follows the call.

If you never received these right after Smackdown,
my advice is to abandon game and go to a previous save.
That is the *only* thing that works.

Leave the phone on, and after completing Smackdown again,
wait in a safe place with no traffic , etc. so you won't get hit.
You can't have any disconnection at all when that one-time-only
call comes in from Brucie.

I've done Smackdown three times now. After each mission I waited ten minutes, doing absolutely nothing, but still no call. The Stevie-glitch occurs after the call/message, it doesn´t block it, so it can't be that, right?
I'm sure I've done all Brucie-related missions (except three streetraces but they shouldn't matter, should they?)

Achievements

+Quote Post
Guest_HS2712_*
post Aug 6 2008, 08:36 PM
Post #92

Guests

QUOTE(Dalz @ Jun 6 2008, 01:21 AM) [snapback]1445468[/snapback]
QUOTE(STEALTHGEIST @ May 25 2008, 02:32 PM) [snapback]1441418[/snapback]
So the glitch is definitely the quick save and specific to picture text messages. If you recieve a picture text message and either turn off your console or reload your last quick save, You will lose the message. F****d up thing is you lose it even if you got a quick save AFTER recieving the message. Funny though that you don't lose the regular text messages. Very nice little glitch. How about Grand Theft Achievement! Also, if you have the garage icon on your map, this means that you did recieve a call from Brucie and a message from Stevie. You just ended up skippimg the call and losing the message. Apparently Brucie will only call once about Stevie unlike any of the other calls in the game. So that means one of the cars is just sitting in one of the thirty locations waiting for you to find it. Although I didn't have any luck when I tried looking in these locations. Or maybe by some chance, you happened to find one of the cars without knowing it and ditched or wrecked it somewhere. It's gotta be out there somewhere. I just started over and actually finished the game rather quickly. It goes by fast if you take taxis everywhere and skip all the cut scenes. Oh well, I needed the Liberty City achievemnet anyway as I took my time the first time around. Peace yall and beware of the quick save.

I posted in your other thread on this one and then noticed there was another section for Stevie related stuff. I have the same problem you did. Finished game, no text, no cars at any of the 30 locations. Pretty frustrating to have to start over again for this one mission line. At least it's a great game otherwise...

Same prob here. I started a new game only with autosave and without taxi driving as passenger (challenge vs. friend). The garage icon on the map, but no message in my phone.
yeah and driving to all 30 locations is useless, because the car only spawns, when you read the message (tried it in my first game, where I did 100%. Reloaded, drove to the location, wondered because the car wasn't there, opened the message and "plop" the car spawned)
Achievements

+Quote Post
rick55
post Aug 7 2008, 02:49 AM
Post #93

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 42,417

try racing with brucie one race and he should call u
Achievements

+Quote Post
Guest_HS2712_*
post Aug 7 2008, 12:18 PM
Post #94

Guests

QUOTE(rick55 @ Aug 7 2008, 04:49 AM) [snapback]1458140[/snapback]
try racing with brucie one race and he should call u

Nope, didn't work. Already tried this, won all races on all 3 islands twice and got no message.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Infinite Element
post Aug 10 2008, 09:50 PM
Post #95

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 42,448

Edit: ignore this post. I found what I was looking for. It was me being dumb...

This post has been edited by Infinite Element: Aug 10 2008, 11:15 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
MrEd
post Sep 14 2008, 11:18 PM
Post #96

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 42,849

Hi, n00b here drool.gif I've got some questions, but some useful hints also.
I've been frequently taking time out of the Story modes to run Stevie's car-jacking missions and was frustrated, after maybe 15/20 cars, that I hadn't filled his quota (Brucie only wanted 10 after all) so checked online to see total and reward(s).

I've read this entire thread (and another similar gta4.tv one) and - forgive me if I skimmed past it but as far as I can tell - NOBODY HAS MENTIONED THE REWARD - is it just satisfaction from finding them (?), cash and completion points? If so, i'm not a 100% completion-chaser so can't be arsed to get any more.

Also, nobody has mentioned that a message will clearly display on-screen informing the user that they have found one of Stevie's cars once they have climbed inside/on-board. Just carefully drive to the Car-icon in South Bohan. Or drive wrecklessly and drop-by the North Algonquin Pay'n'Spray if you smash it to sh*t =D

My method to hunt them down is:
a ) use hand-printed map - you know, the one with just the regions defined in the corner - to locate what part of city to go to.
b ) Once roughly there, pause game and zoom into in-game map to see exactly where region-boundaries start/end.
c ) Keep driving around looking for buildings in MMS description/photo whilst frequently checking pause-menu map to see if i've strayed too far.
You could obviously just cheat and use the annotated maps provided on this thread...but what's the point in 100% completion if said method is used???

Aside: I can imagine that not having an HD-TV will make it difficult to make out the buildings/surroundings in the MMS images. I sometimes walk right up to my TV and squint at the image, and that's a 42" 1080p LCD! Perhaps chucking the in-game Brightness/Gamma levels up will help (in pause-menu).

One frustration I had once working out for myself what to do with Stevie's first car, was Geoff calling whilst en-route to South Bohan. I know that not many things are genuinely urgent in the game so continued to the car drop-off point anyway. Stevie's garage door opened, but would not close when I got out of the car. I eventually gave-up and went to see Geoff. After cut-scene ended, the car was gone! (>,<) Fortunately the car was back in the same location according to Stevie, so I just pinched it again. **phew!**

BTW I lost my Infernus in a similar way B4 2 (ie. after grabbing some food with Dwayne)!!! And, no, it wasn't parked somewhere nearby on the street... **grumble grumble**

Peace,

Ed

P.S. Sorry to hear that some people aren't able to do Stevie's missions due to bug/glitch. R* could easily code the game better to prevent it and are cowards for not admitting it to users.
Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Sep 15 2008, 11:15 PM
Post #97

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

QUOTE(MrEd @ Sep 14 2008, 04:18 PM) [snapback]1464903[/snapback]
15/20 cars

30 vehicles is Stevie's requirement.

Was there a reward for ...
Patriot Playground? Gripped? NO
Okay, how about RC Bandit? NO
Hmmm, maybe....

NO

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
laguy03
post Oct 17 2008, 07:10 AM
Post #98

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 43,319

I've already picked up 27 cars. I'm on my #28...the Patriot, and guess what? I can't find it? I looked where the two towers are (the picture on the interactive map shows that it should be pretty obvious to see) and there is nothing there. The hot dog stand is there, but no Patriot! What should I do? Can I get another Patriot instead? How would I even go about doing that?
Achievements

+Quote Post
MrEd
post Oct 19 2008, 10:17 PM
Post #99

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 42,849

QUOTE(laguy03 @ Oct 17 2008, 08:10 AM) [snapback]1468955[/snapback]
Can I get another Patriot instead?

Nope. Stevie's cars are all parked, so no point dragging anyone out of a random passing Patriot in the hope it's the one he's after.
The problem is probably your assumptions ie.:
a) perhaps you are not actually in the place shown in the photo (maybe you were standing by the wrong hot-dog stand?).
--Widen your search using the interactive map as a guide to the boundaries of the area Stevie mentioned in his MMS.

b) perhaps you are confused about what a Patriot looks like...?
--It looks like a H2 - Google 'H2' if that means nothing.

c) perhaps you already got it (?!) - or maybe a 'friend' used your save and got it...???
--Flush out your inbox leaving only the latest Stevie MMS (only old ones for retrieved cars can be deleted).

This should help:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP4jejVjKyk
As you can see, it's parked clearly on the side of the street right next to a double bus-shelter.

Ciao,

Ed
Achievements

+Quote Post
Jawwad
post Oct 21 2008, 06:10 PM
Post #100

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 43,417

hi.. just joined the forum to ask about the text message cars by stevie..

after which mission do u get a call or text from stevie... i have just unlocked the alderney...

going through the forum i read that you get the call/text after the smackdown mission...

is that correct???
Achievements

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 12:20 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4