EddieRP7
post Apr 29 2008, 08:23 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,366

GTA-SA PC V2.

QUESTION #1:
I am having real problems trying to learn to fly properly. As far as I can tell there is no control over acceleration other than holding
the "W" key down. That seems to be maximum power. Unfortunately it is not enough. In the screen shot here I am attempting to
take off and hit the Red Corona but can't get to that altitude. I am following the prompts to hit the "Num3" key when the tail begins
to raise and I am holding the "W" key down to accelerate down the runway. If I continually tap on the "Num3" key I do gradually increase
altitude but I can never reach the altitude of the Red Corona. My engine just gets weaker and weaker and I can not find a way to
increase power/acceleration as the "W" key is already at maximum. The landing gear do not raise when I hit the "Num2" key so I am
assuming this model aircraft does not have retractable landing gear. Overall the main problem is a lack of acceleration power. The "S" key
does reduce power and slow the plane down, but the "W" key just has one level of power. Is that normal? What am I doing wrong?

QUESTION #2:
I can not seem to figure out how to taxi the aircraft on the ground. It seems to have only two directions, forward and backward. I can't
make it turn right or left in order to taxi to the end of the runway and position it for takeoff. I can only head out of the hanger and reverse
back into the hanger. Of course if I ever do figure out how to taxi the plane into takeoff position I will be right back to question #1.

I have managed to get the flight simulator/training plane up and fly around over the area but there is always a problem with a seeming
lack of control over acceleration. Just one speed: "W" key held down.

Would someone please give me some tips on flying and tell me why I don't have enough power to reach the Red Corona in the "Take-off, Cirlce
the field and Land" training exercise.

Here is my maximum altitude in this screen shot:

Thanks, Eddie

This post has been edited by EddieRP7: Apr 29 2008, 08:24 PM
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neko_ceko
post Apr 29 2008, 08:44 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,360
Xfire Identity: nekoceko

#1:
Holy the W and when your tail raises hit arrow down. I don't know where you got "Num3" thing...
To raise the landing gear press 2 on your Numpad.
( http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp...ech_Numpad.jpeg )
not the one where the letters are, but on the numpad.
And always hold W, don't stop holding it (unless you want to turn, slow down etc.)

#2:
Press Q to taxi it right and E left.

Achievements

+Quote Post
EddieRP7
post Apr 29 2008, 09:55 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,366

QUOTE(neko_ceko @ Apr 29 2008, 03:44 PM) [snapback]1426313[/snapback]
#1:
Holy the W and when your tail raises hit arrow down. I don't know where you got "Num3" thing...
To raise the landing gear press 2 on your Numpad.
( http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp...ech_Numpad.jpeg )
not the one where the letters are, but on the numpad.
And always hold W, don't stop holding it (unless you want to turn, slow down etc.)

#2:
Press Q to taxi it right and E left.

Ok neko_ceko thank you.

Well I have included a few screen caps to show you where I got my info (Like the "Num3" key from.)
It turns out on my machine that raising the landing gear is done with the "2" key in the alpha section
not with the "2" key in the numpad section. I was trying the numpad "2" key which is why my gear
was not retracting. I have also redefined my key controls so that both the UpArrow and the Num3 Key
raise the tail flap and the DwnArrow and the Num9 key lower the tail flap. The Left & Right arrows control
the left and right wing flaps so I can control all the flight with the arrow keys now. I see the Q & E keys
control the tail rudder so I will try and use that to taxi with.

The main problem with power was the landing gear being down. I raised the landing gear when I found
that the "2" key does it and I was easily able to climb to the altitude of the Red Corona. Now all I need
to do is practice.

Thanks neko_ceko, you have been a great help to me with this game.

Here are some related screen shots:

Achievements

+Quote Post
neko_ceko
post Apr 30 2008, 11:55 AM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,360
Xfire Identity: nekoceko

Ohh ok, didn't know you can use num3 because I used arrows, its easier.
And my mistake about the gear thing, I forgot that it isn't on numpad. Sorry for that. I use + on numpad (works too), so maybe I mistaken because of that. tongue.gif

NP again biggrin.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
Weasel
post May 1 2008, 02:24 PM
Post #5

Snitch

Group: Validating
Member No.: 24,529

for anyone that wants to play the game easier.
This game is designed for the use of a USB GamePad (12 buttons minum I suggest)
If you have a console there are adapter cords so you can use its game control on the computer.

--------------------
************* Game Hints *************
Don't go Mission to Mission. Spend time just looking around, behind walls/bushes, on roofs, under bridges. Explore the Car park buildings and anyother building you can enter...
Do the Gang Tags, Photo's, Horseshes as soon as you can.
NO Cheats -- NO Mods
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th October 2014 - 03:54 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4