Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Water colour gaming?
Kuwong
post Apr 29 2008, 01:35 PM
Post #1

Pickpocket

Group: Members
Member No.: 870

Is it just me, or does the screen look very water colour styled? It was in several of the screenshots, I feel it ruins the games beauty. Although A mate who is playing onthe PS3 says he cant see it. Now, is this a 360 only problem, or is it something widespread, that only certain people can see? Could be dependant on screen size I suppose.

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Soliex
post Apr 29 2008, 01:35 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,492

I dont notice it unless im high in the sky in a helicopter. It does not bother me at all.

The game looks awesome.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
mattyg
post Apr 29 2008, 03:03 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,033

I didn't notice it haha...I would notice a couple minor things...but nothing to be a detriment to the core and beautiful...yet hard at first...gameplay of IV

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mekstizzle
post Apr 29 2008, 04:16 PM
Post #4

Nobody Special
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 7,717

On my 15" SDTV. Everything looks sharp and clean and colourful. It's basically as good looking as Ratchet and Clank PS3, but more realistic graphics and R&C was 60FPS whilst this is 30 (yes, it's definitely noticeable)

It's a pretty high quality SDTV, because I remember playing games on some 20" 4:3 SDTV downstairs and it doesn't look as good. SD resolutions work great with a good quality small TV

This post has been edited by Mekstizzle: Apr 29 2008, 04:18 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Not a Stain On M...
post Apr 29 2008, 06:03 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,083

QUOTE(Mekstizzle @ Apr 29 2008, 11:16 AM) [snapback]1426099[/snapback]
On my 15" SDTV. Everything looks sharp and clean and colourful. It's basically as good looking as Ratchet and Clank PS3, but more realistic graphics and R&C was 60FPS whilst this is 30 (yes, it's definitely noticeable)

It's a pretty high quality SDTV, because I remember playing games on some 20" 4:3 SDTV downstairs and it doesn't look as good. SD resolutions work great with a good quality small TV

Before I got my 40" HDTV, I had a 20" SDTV and the PS3 looked good still as well.

--------------------
Why don't you have a seat over there...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Apr 30 2008, 02:27 AM
Post #6

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

I don't really like the graphics.. but almost all the reviews gave a ten/ten so i'm gonna have to play it more before i decide

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
ThePaleOgre
post Apr 30 2008, 02:40 AM
Post #7

Nobody Special

Member No.: 39,797
XBL Gamertag: PaleOgre

Ive only noticed the watercolor effect on trees and shadows but I think it looks fine
Im playing on the 360 if that matters
Achievements

+Quote Post
satchboogie
post Apr 30 2008, 02:51 AM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 27,691

The shadows sometimes look a little weird, but the only real problems I have had with the graphics are when I'm in the air. I was flying a chopper over Algonquin and the wester portion of Dukes and the north/western part Bohan didn't render until I fly a lot closer to them. The other big problem I had was trees when flying. I fly over Middle Park (fairly close to the ground and I was going slow) and the tree's didn't appear to render right. They looked like card board cutouts with 2 cross sections and nothing filling them in. It kind of was a buzz kill.

Oh yeah, and there are some annoying popups, but I can't complain because there is just sooo much stuff that has to be rendered.

The water color filter I guess is just a taste thing. I personally like it for the most part.
Achievements

+Quote Post
The_Technician
post Apr 30 2008, 03:35 AM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,857

QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Apr 30 2008, 12:27 PM) [snapback]1426505[/snapback]
I don't really like the graphics.. but almost all the reviews gave a ten/ten so i'm gonna have to play it more before i decide

IMO, they only gave it 10/10 because the graphics from the other games were never really that good. and because it's GTA.

if they pitched the graphics against other games, it would have probably only ever got an 8 or an 8.5/10

--------------------
=The Technician=

Since 24.03.08
Achievements

+Quote Post
grimface1987
post Apr 30 2008, 03:39 AM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 16,070

I like the way it looks.

--------------------

"Don't get me started on the trannies! It's like, I'm looking at the woman, I'm talking to the woman, I see the woman's penis - now I'm confused!" Richard Bastion, WKTT

Achievements

+Quote Post
mattyg
post Apr 30 2008, 03:43 AM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,033

LOVE the gritiness of it all...really gives it that...killing look

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Apr 30 2008, 04:55 AM
Post #12

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

well, it looked better tonight. Besides that there is a lot of other things that make up for it... so i'm not that worried. I've only played a couple of missions.. and i really like the new aiming scheme, ect...

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
satchboogie
post Apr 30 2008, 07:40 AM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 27,691

I think the big key is that the gaming mags realize that this is a HUGE open-ended world with a ton of detail. Expecting perfect graphics for everything would be a bit absurd.

However, I'm starting to get annoyed with stuff popping in and out. I have several times run into stuff in allyways when they didn't render until I hit them. That and lots of trees and etc keep popping in and out depending on where i stand, etc.

Also, I think at times the filter (water color and distortion thing) can be a bit too much at times. I was in that park on the water where the Sprunk sign is (I think it's of Franklin St near the East Borough Bridge) and looked through the big stationary binoculars at Algonquin. The filter made everything very blurry and it almost looked foggy (there wasn't any fog though). I also noticed that as I was moving the binoculars, it sharpened up (like I could see the individual wires on the Algonquin Bridge, etc) and I thought it actually looked better than it did with the filter. I just think that it might be a bit too much at times.

Edit:
I was just playing and there was one spot where I really didn't like the water color effect. I was driving a car with a severally damaged rare bumper that was metallic. The water color effect made it look like plastic because it didn't have that really shiny texture that metal has. That is probably the one spot where I don't like the effect. It tends to screw with metals.

This post has been edited by satchboogie: Apr 30 2008, 11:07 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd September 2014 - 07:52 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4