Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Saints row 2, aint got NOTHIN on gta iv
Aridpheonix
post Apr 26 2008, 02:37 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,344

i just got watching the trailers for saints row 2, the game is more destructive fun than serious gameplay. iv is all about the story mode, graphics, and extreme levels of detail. saints row is about "how many weapons and cars can we put in this game?"

my verdict on saints row 2: has nothing on GTAIV

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Indy
post Apr 26 2008, 02:39 PM
Post #2

Vandal

Member No.: 23,844

It would be ridiculous comparing SR2 to IV (if the reviews are anything to go by). But I still believe the game has a lot to offer. The first SR brought about many new ideas which hadn't been done in any of the GTA series.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Sharpie Fetish
post Apr 26 2008, 06:54 PM
Post #3

Litterer
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 34,595

In my opinion saints row > GTA the main i liked is the freeroam and the physics were alot better i loved batting some old bitch with a baseball bat and she just flopping to the floor and robbing stores too really great freeroam parts
Achievements

+Quote Post
1UP
post Apr 26 2008, 10:00 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 738

QUOTE(Cyantist @ Apr 26 2008, 01:54 PM) [snapback]1422679[/snapback]
In my opinion saints row > GTA the main i liked is the freeroam and the physics were alot better i loved batting some old bitch with a baseball bat and she just flopping to the floor and robbing stores too really great freeroam parts

You sure you was playing SR? physics were better because it was next gen only thing GTA had to compare was last gen GTA SA, which back then correct me if I am wrong things in SR (next gen), are things that was not able to be done in that type of game from last gen. SR had some shock value because there was no GTA for the new gen. City layout was awful, city itself was awful, they went to far with the gangster BS that it diluted any interest in many aspects. Yeah it was fun to blow things up on a next gen game, but SR was a lousy game. Given SR2 seems to be getting rushed, I am not expecting it to be worthwhile in the least. They saw a way to cut in on GTA popularity and took it.

Then again like your usual posts about games, I am guessing you said that just to get comments like this. ph34r.gif

--------------------
eVeRytHinG Is As iT ShoULd bE

FaLlS aPArT
Achievements

+Quote Post
Sharpie Fetish
post Apr 26 2008, 10:04 PM
Post #5

Litterer
Group Icon

Member No.: 34,595

Im not your average gamer

the graphics on a game can look straight offa a ZX Spectrum its the gameplay what matters and i dont go for the games people are like OMFG ITS SO GOOD! because i normally dont like those games
Achievements

+Quote Post
GTA ShutDown
post Apr 26 2008, 10:17 PM
Post #6

Vandal

Member No.: 37,926
XBL Gamertag: XbL ShutDown

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

DUH

--------------------

First ever member on iGrandTheftAuto.com to be given a Warning which proceeded to another Warning = 20% Warning.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Apr 26 2008, 11:10 PM
Post #7

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Comparing last gen games to next gen games its completely pointless. GTA IV is going to be 10× better than SR2. the first's sole reason was to be the 1st next gen sandbox, and it succeeded.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Zen
post Apr 26 2008, 11:19 PM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 35,460

QUOTE(DJ-1UP @ Apr 26 2008, 11:00 PM) [snapback]1422894[/snapback]
QUOTE(Cyantist @ Apr 26 2008, 01:54 PM) [snapback]1422679[/snapback]

You sure you was playing SR? physics were better because it was next gen only thing GTA had to compare was last gen GTA SA, which back then correct me if I am wrong things in SR (next gen), are things that was not able to be done in that type of game from last gen. SR had some shock value because there was no GTA for the new gen. City layout was awful, city itself was awful, they went to far with the gangster BS that it diluted any interest in many aspects. Yeah it was fun to blow things up on a next gen game, but SR was a lousy game. Given SR2 seems to be getting rushed, I am not expecting it to be worthwhile in the least. They saw a way to cut in on GTA popularity and took it.

Then again like your usual posts about games, I am guessing you said that just to get comments like this. ph34r.gif

I found the city confusing as well.

Mind you, it was good for its time since it was the first GTA-esque game to be released Next-Gen.. That, and the multiplayer (which GTA lacked at that period of time) made the game a worthwhile play for a few months. Now that IV is released in over a day's time, it's going to completely flatten anything that SR2 is going to come up with since the period of time where we lacked a good sandbox game to play, both in general and online is gone.

If you understand where I'm coming from.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
kaftka
post Apr 29 2008, 09:38 PM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 321

It's a love-hate game Saints Row... I LOVED the Insurance Fraud games (for about 10 minutes)... I HATED the city though (which it seems they're using again. D'oh, how stupid can you be?), I loved the physics (there is no greater feeling than beating the shit out of a man dressed as a giant soda cup. Hilarious.) I hated the Story...

The little things for the most part, they seemed to get right. The minigames (if a little too repetitive), the explosions, the visuals (like little bits of paper littered around)... But the biggies... The guts of the game was what ruined it. I never finished the game (not sure if I even got close) because it was dull in the end. Once you got over the little stuff, the story just wasn't deep enough to make me want to keep me playing. Same can be said about the city. It was dull, and samey. That's something that R* seem to be champions at, level design. They can make various parts of the same city freel fresh and distinctive. Something Stilwater was lacking.

Furthermore, the humour was AWFUL. Whenever there was a joke on the radio, or on a billboard, or in a cutscene, I can't recall laughing once. Only cringing. It just wasn't funny. Freckle Bitches??!! How about something a little more subtle and less in your face?

Saints Row 2 has a lot to improve on... No doubt it should be a good game, but I highly doubt it will hold a candle to GTA IV.

--------------------
IPB Image

The eternal conundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when kaftka punched himself in the face.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny 
post May 11 2008, 08:03 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 38,184

Seeing as how disapointed I was with IV, I'm putting a lot of hope on SR2 (never played the first one).

Are they really reusing Stillwater city?

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
Indy
post May 11 2008, 10:13 AM
Post #11

Vandal

Member No.: 23,844

If they don't release a demo for this, i'm not buying it.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Pez
post May 11 2008, 10:25 AM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 39,589

here a cool trailer! smile.gif
Saints Row 2

--------------------
You can piss and not shit,
but you cant shit and not piss.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PhantomStranger
post May 11 2008, 12:42 PM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 419

Saint's row is complete rubbish, the gangster stereotype is so ridiculously over portrayed that it becomes a joke.
Maybe it appeals to Americans?

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Kuwong
post May 14 2008, 10:59 AM
Post #14

Pickpocket

Member No.: 870

QUOTE(PhantomStranger @ May 11 2008, 01:42 PM) [snapback]1433990[/snapback]
Saint's row is complete rubbish, the gangster stereotype is so ridiculously over portrayed that it becomes a joke.
Maybe it appeals to Americans?

Americans are founded on stereotypes, so yes. Now if you'll excuse me, One's British, so one must be off to meet the queen for afternoon tea and scones. One and one's man servant will take one's horse and carriage.

This post has been edited by Kuwong: May 14 2008, 11:08 AM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
aussie_b8ler
post May 14 2008, 11:01 AM
Post #15

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,947

comedy at it's best.

roll2.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
PhantomStranger
post May 15 2008, 04:35 AM
Post #16

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 419

And i'll throw a shrimp on the barbe and drink a few king brown's. wink.gif

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Caliph
post May 15 2008, 04:55 AM
Post #17

Nobody Special

Member No.: 38,605

QUOTE(Gangsta™ @ May 11 2008, 01:25 PM) [snapback]1433956[/snapback]
Saints Row 2

That trailer is one reason why I think the game would be a major disappointment. Bar the stupid storyline, theres this really over-the-top unrealistic feeling about Stilwater thats hard to meet the eye. This whole Ultor organization makes it sound like one of those old Playstation2 games - the likes of Red Faction 1 & 2, for those who've played it. Stilwater's giving me the impression of a dictatorship, I hope Im wrong.

--------------------
Playstation 3 80GB | Grand Theft Auto IV | Sony HDTV
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post May 15 2008, 06:13 AM
Post #18

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

QUOTE(Caliph @ May 14 2008, 11:55 PM) [snapback]1436072[/snapback]
Saints Row 2

That trailer is one reason why I think the game would be a major disappointment. Bar the stupid storyline, theres this really over-the-top unrealistic feeling about Stilwater thats hard to meet the eye. This whole Ultor organization makes it sound like one of those old Playstation2 games - the likes of Red Faction 1 & 2, for those who've played it. Stilwater's giving me the impression of a dictatorship, I hope Im wrong.

Ha, SR is made by the RF company.
So yeah.
I dunno, I enjoyed Saints Row a lot.Im really looking forward to the co-op story mode.
Achievements

+Quote Post
aussie_b8ler
post May 15 2008, 06:35 AM
Post #19

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,947

i want it. i was a hater before, but seeing it in action makes my mouth water.

it looks like state of emergency meets gta 4. imo.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Caliph
post May 16 2008, 12:30 AM
Post #20

Nobody Special

Member No.: 38,605

QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ May 15 2008, 09:13 AM) [snapback]1436080[/snapback]
QUOTE(Caliph @ May 14 2008, 11:55 PM) [snapback]1436072[/snapback]
Saints Row 2

Ha, SR is made by the RF company.
So yeah.
I dunno, I enjoyed Saints Row a lot.Im really looking forward to the co-op story mode.

Check this out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Faction

Red Faction meets Saints Row 2. Ultor, LMAO! This game is gonna suck big time if it turns out to be another "lets save the world from the evil empire" sort of thing.

--------------------
Playstation 3 80GB | Grand Theft Auto IV | Sony HDTV
Achievements

+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 05:49 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4