> Gamespot: 'Weapons, Cover, and Combat'
OptimumPx
post Apr 25 2008, 12:34 AM
Post #1

Basket Case
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,168

The new interviews and screens just keep rolling in as we head into the final stretch before release day.

This time we go to Gamespot and their new interview with Rockstar North associate producer Imran Sarwar about the highly anticipated new weapons and cover system implemented in Grand Theft Auto IV.

Some of the quotes I really liked were:
  • "There are 15 weapons in total, and you can now pick up objects from the street, such as bricks, and throw them. There's a good amount included for all situations and playing styles."
  • "With GTAIV, we were trying to make our own semirealistic version of New York and it didn't feel right having those big gun supermarkets in the city. In this game, there are underground gun shops around the city, but you initially need to be shown where they are."
  • "The RPG projectiles are initially fired in a straight line, but they can ricochet and deviate from glancing collisions. The spiraling of the smoke trail is done in the visual effects system. We have a lot of power and flexibility in controlling the position and behavior of all particles, so we can give the trail a nice curling behavior while also adding gravity and in-game wind forces to each particle."
  • "The targeting system has been given an overhaul and we are pretty confident it will cater to every style of gamer. You can now lock on, and while locked on, target any part of the body by moving the reticle. Using the full range of the lock-on button really gives players the flexibility of using both to free-aim and lock on at any point, so whether you want to frantically lock on and shoot an enemy who is bearing down on you with a shotgun, or carefully free aim and shoot the petrol tank of a car, it's all done easily through the same system."

Also included with the article were 18 new screens which can be seen on our own Images Gallery! And be sure to check out the full article over at Gamespot!

--------------------
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
TreeFitty
post Apr 25 2008, 01:14 AM
Post #2

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

Still love em. Small glitches and all. smile.gif

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mekstizzle
post Apr 25 2008, 01:24 AM
Post #3

Nobody Special
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 7,717

RPG sounds fun. Knowing my luck, I'll never hit my targets with them. But at least it's more realistic
Achievements

+Quote Post
Aridpheonix
post Apr 25 2008, 01:57 AM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,344

Must have game now

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Apr 25 2008, 02:00 AM
Post #5

Get off my Planet

Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

i'm gonna try to master the RPG ricochet.
Achievements

+Quote Post
mundy
post Apr 25 2008, 03:27 AM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,593

a big WOW, 18 new screens, hell they could release 500 screens tomorrow and it would take nothing away from my anticipation of this game each new screen makes me more anxious
Achievements

+Quote Post
Caliguy
post Apr 25 2008, 03:33 AM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 132

QUOTE(mundy @ Apr 24 2008, 08:27 PM) [snapback]1421099[/snapback]
a big WOW, 18 new screens, hell they could release 500 screens tomorrow and it would take nothing away from my anticipation of this game each new screen makes me more anxious

Yeah, these screens are pretty sick. They are by far much much much better than the ones we saw for San Andreas.

And they're in HD, so the detail is astounding.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
The_Technician
post Apr 25 2008, 07:44 AM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,857

I thought there would be more than 15 weapons...like in the last games where there were different sets...

oh well, gimmie a glock and a shotgun and i'm good. smile.gif

and i like the 'pick up bricks and things from the street and throw them' part, should make for humerous 1 star cop chases (or six star).

--------------------
=The Technician=

Since 24.03.08
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 06:17 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4