Skinny†
post Jun 18 2008, 07:43 AM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,184

QUOTE(Loly Pop @ Jun 18 2008, 03:58 PM) [snapback]1448762[/snapback]
QUOTE(gingergenius @ Apr 22 2008, 10:53 AM) [snapback]1418293[/snapback]
QUOTE(Kryton @ Apr 22 2008, 12:00 PM) [snapback]1418150[/snapback]
Saw an Oprah special ages ago about people who take loads of E's every week and they had a scan of a chicks brain who had been doing like 20-40 E's a week for a year. She had holes in her brain the size of golf balls. ohmy.gif
Stopped me from takin E's right then.
Plus the comedown the next day is always a bitch

well duh. That's drug abuse. But that would happen if you took a raw amount of a prescription pill as well.

Normal ravers take a few pills on a night out and only the most hardcore go every weekend. That is considerably less than 20-40; a stupid reason to stop doing them..

Not true. The reason it affects the brain, the most important thing in your body, is because X is mindaltering. It targets the brain, which is why you hullicinate...Tylenol would hurt you in another way, but not THAT way.. not that bad

Overdose of acetaminophen is serious and can be fatal from liver toxicity, killing about 12% of those who seek treatment due to the delayed effects. Often the patient may not even experience symptoms for up to 24-48 hours. Typical symptoms after this period range from nausea, malaise to extreme upper abdominal pain in the region of the liver. In heavy drinkers, regular use of acetaminophen increases liver damage from alcohol.

Acetaminophen toxicity is the most common cause of acute liver failure in the United States, accounting for 39% of cases. It occurs both after attempted suicide by c overdose and after unintentional overdoses. In some susceptible people, even small doses, combined with small amounts of alcohol, have caused irreversible liver failure.

Acetaminophen can cause kidney failure in vulnerable persons. These include alcoholics, elderly men, and persons with pre-existing liver or kidney damage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tylenol

So yeah, lot's of Tylonol=pretty bad.

Like smoking: If you light up every Sunday you may not get lung cancer, but it's still bad for you and harms your body, even if iit's the slightest bit...
Any idiot can tell you not to breath in smoke and the drugs in the cigarette make it much worse, so using it at all would be drug abuse and utter stupidity. You probably would get lung cancer. Anyway, although, if you do take ecsacy regularly you are 23% more likely to report problems with memory and have it decrease 14% in efficience when compared to a non user (Source), there's no real evidence to support that doing once (maybe a few more times spaced out by a few months), has any serious, long term effects (moderation FTW!). Although it would be safer to never do it, where's the fun in that? This life is all we have, is it so much to ask to spend on night in love with everything you see or touch?

I'm pretty sure that ecstasy causes long term paranoia, shakes, and halucinations. Thats probably why it is illegal.

Do you have a source for that? I couldn't find one saying anything about paranoia or hallucinations. I don't even think it causes short term paranoia.

--------------------
=D
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Jun 18 2008, 09:54 PM
Post #62

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 14

QUOTE(Skinny. @ Jun 18 2008, 07:43 AM) [snapback]1448777[/snapback]
Saw an Oprah special ages ago about people who take loads of E's every week and they had a scan of a chicks brain who had been doing like 20-40 E's a week for a year. She had holes in her brain the size of golf balls. ohmy.gif

well duh. That's drug abuse. But that would happen if you took a raw amount of a prescription pill as well.

Normal ravers take a few pills on a night out and only the most hardcore go every weekend. That is considerably less than 20-40; a stupid reason to stop doing them..

Not true. The reason it affects the brain, the most important thing in your body, is because X is mindaltering. It targets the brain, which is why you hullicinate...Tylenol would hurt you in another way, but not THAT way.. not that bad

Overdose of acetaminophen is serious and can be fatal from liver toxicity, killing about 12% of those who seek treatment due to the delayed effects. Often the patient may not even experience symptoms for up to 24-48 hours. Typical symptoms after this period range from nausea, malaise to extreme upper abdominal pain in the region of the liver. In heavy drinkers, regular use of acetaminophen increases liver damage from alcohol.

Acetaminophen toxicity is the most common cause of acute liver failure in the United States, accounting for 39% of cases. It occurs both after attempted suicide by c overdose and after unintentional overdoses. In some susceptible people, even small doses, combined with small amounts of alcohol, have caused irreversible liver failure.

Acetaminophen can cause kidney failure in vulnerable persons. These include alcoholics, elderly men, and persons with pre-existing liver or kidney damage.

This is a stupid argument. Anything is bad for you, in excess. To say that Ecstasy is no worse that Tylonol is stupendously ridiculous.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny†
post Jun 19 2008, 07:56 AM
Post #63

QUOTE(Sittin @ Jun 19 2008, 07:54 AM) [snapback]1448947[/snapback]

This is a stupid argument. Anything is bad for you, in excess. To say that Ecstasy is no worse that Tylonol is stupendously ridiculous.

I didn't say Ecstacy and Tylenol were equaly as dangerous in excess, I responded to hm saying Tylenol isn't that bad in excess, while it obviously is.

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
Loly Pop
post Jun 19 2008, 07:52 PM
Post #64

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 32,263

QUOTE(Skinny. @ Jun 19 2008, 02:56 AM) [snapback]1449053[/snapback]
QUOTE(Sittin @ Jun 19 2008, 07:54 AM) [snapback]1448947[/snapback]

I didn't say Ecstacy and Tylenol were equaly as dangerous in excess, I responded to hm saying Tylenol isn't that bad in excess, while it obviously is.

Not so, Skinny...Krypton's claim that EX bore holes and this person's brain...and ginger said "well that would happen if you take any raw amount of perscription drug." I was merely saying the reason Ex cause the person to have holes in their head was because it was a drug that affected the brain directly and pointing out that Tylenol wouldn't do that because it wouldn't affect the brain directly

But i totally understand that Tylenol is bad for you in large amounts, i'm not gonna argue with that, i was just talking about something else.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
I Made Your Mom ...
post Jun 19 2008, 10:46 PM
Post #65

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 8,614
XBL Gamertag: Strike Viper
PSN Name: Imbrium

/doesn't read most of the topic

It's a sad truth that probably a lot of drugs, if legalised and regulated by a government authority, would no longer pose any problems to society. It's just brainwashing and outdated religious values that are causing problems.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Severus Snape
post Jun 20 2008, 03:33 PM
Post #66

Litterer

Member No.: 28,564

QUOTE(I Made Your Mom In GMod @ Jun 19 2008, 05:46 PM) [snapback]1449212[/snapback]
/doesn't read most of the topic

It's a sad truth that probably a lot of drugs, if legalised and regulated by a government authority, would no longer pose any problems to society. It's just brainwashing and outdated religious values that are causing problems.

Are you really serious? You're joking, right?

Although I agree that the legalization of drugs might reduce some of the burden on tax payers by taxing the drugs to no end like they do with cigarettes and alcohol, I have to strongly disagree with your statement above. Legalization of drugs will not eliminate any of the problems that drugs currently create. You are still going to have crime, violence, addiction, homelessness, and other various problems that are caused by drugs. Answer these few questions for me:

1. How will legalizing drugs prevent someone from being an addict?
2. How will legalizing drugs stop non-licensed sellers from "scalping"?
3. How will legalizing drugs stop thieves from stealing drugs, money, guns, etc.?
4. How will legalizing drugs stop violent criminals (rapists, murderers, assaulters, etc.) from committing these violent crimes in the name of drugs?

Answer these questions with legitimate answers and I might consider your argument valid. Otherwise, you need to think before you type.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 14 2011, 02:10 PM) *
We're more than capable of answering you, we're just not doing it because you're being a cunt, and it's you specifically we don't care about, we do care about the rest of the forums.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Murdoc1
post Jul 8 2008, 02:34 AM
Post #67

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 30,755

MDMA doesn't put holes in your brain, the only thing that I'm aware of that does that is DXM, I've seen a close friend of mine who is 5'6 and weighs around 140 consume 7 e pills (and not some bullshit pills either) in one night and hasn't felt anything negative from it besides one day of the back end. I'm not sure of long-term health risks though but the OD risk of Ecstasy seems to have been greatly over-exaggerated.

--------------------
QUOTE(Ashley Graham @ Jul 9 2008, 03:09 PM) [snapback]1453747[/snapback]
Which is what separates those of us with intelligence from animals - our ability to realize that sleeping with family members is wrong.

Achievements

+Quote Post
psychÝ
post Jul 8 2008, 02:55 AM
Post #68

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,279

QUOTE(Murdoc1 @ Jul 8 2008, 03:34 AM) [snapback]1453311[/snapback]
MDMA doesn't put holes in your brain

QUOTE(Murdoc1 @ Jul 8 2008, 03:34 AM) [snapback]1453311[/snapback]
I'm not sure of long-term health risks though

Clearly a great person to get an opinion from..............

--------------------

Dragonfly
Achievements

+Quote Post
Murdoc1
post Jul 8 2008, 03:14 AM
Post #69

Upstanding Citizen

"There are no holes in the brains of ecstasy users," says Stephen Kish, a neuropathologist at the Center for Addiction and Health in Toronto.
MDMA holes in Brain

I did not give any opinions unless you want to argue the definition of over exaggeration. So yeah, nice.

--------------------
Which is what separates those of us with intelligence from animals - our ability to realize that sleeping with family members is wrong.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny†
post Jul 8 2008, 05:06 AM
Post #70

Is there still no evidence, other than the link I gave for a small percent long term memory loss, for Ecstacy having negative effects? I see no reason to keep it illegal.

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
Murdoc1
post Jul 9 2008, 06:15 PM
Post #71

Upstanding Citizen

Honestly the only problem that I have seen from E is the backend (depression that follows for a short period after). But smoking marijuana during that period prevents it and also brings back the effects of the MDMA. Though staying positive and just living your normal life is pretty helpful too.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
psychÝ
post Jul 11 2008, 01:14 AM
Post #72

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(No Shirt. No Shoes. FINAL DESTIN @ Jul 8 2008, 06:06 AM) [snapback]1453333[/snapback]
Is there still no evidence, other than the link I gave for a small percent long term memory loss, for Ecstacy having negative effects? I see no reason to keep it illegal.

That was the stupidest argument ever, you ever wonder why there is no research on it, maybe it might just be because it is illegal so you can't.

--------------------

Dragonfly
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny†
post Jul 11 2008, 09:22 AM
Post #73

QUOTE(psychÝ @ Jul 11 2008, 11:14 AM) [snapback]1453982[/snapback]
QUOTE(No Shirt. No Shoes. FINAL DESTIN @ Jul 8 2008, 06:06 AM) [snapback]1453333[/snapback]

That was the stupidest argument ever, you ever wonder why there is no research on it, maybe it might just be because it is illegal so you can't.

Are you autistic? Common sense would call for research on the negative effects, to be done before it is made illegal.

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
psychÝ
post Jul 11 2008, 03:56 PM
Post #74

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(No Shirt. No Shoes. FINAL DESTIN @ Jul 11 2008, 10:22 AM) [snapback]1454015[/snapback]

Are you autistic? Common sense would call for research on the negative effects, to be done before it is made illegal.

No I am a scientist, you actually think any of the now used techniques were available when any of these drugs were banned?

--------------------

Dragonfly
Achievements

+Quote Post
Don Leone
post Jul 11 2008, 04:09 PM
Post #75

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,379

Any pill that gives you an immediate sense of euphoria is extremely likely to be damaging to your body. Why should ecstacy be any different?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny†
post Jul 11 2008, 04:24 PM
Post #76

QUOTE(psychÝ @ Jul 12 2008, 01:56 AM) [snapback]1454095[/snapback]
QUOTE(No Shirt. No Shoes. FINAL DESTIN @ Jul 11 2008, 10:22 AM) [snapback]1454015[/snapback]

No I am a scientist,

I thought you were a student?

you actually think any of the now used techniques were available when any of these drugs were banned?

Obviously, but if they couldn't properly analise the drug, why ban it?

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 09:43 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4