Post #1

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
XBL Gamertag: Psyware
PSN Name: Psycopsy
Xfire Identity: Psyware

The Official Playstation Magazine in the UK has released it's review of the game just a few days after the Official Xbox Magazine released theirs. The news is good in terms of the console 'war' as both magazines have rated the game 10/10. There were a few new snippets of interesting information in the Playstation magazine, however we're now so close to the game being released, we'll leave out a few of them for you to discover in game on your own (or unless you decide to read the magazine yourself).
  • One of the main reasons that Niko visits Liberty City is to find the man who betrayed his old army unit.
  • If you leave Niko standing still for a few seconds, the first thing he'll do is scratch his balls.
  • The PS3 Version will support Dual Shock 3 vibration controllers, with the control vibrating when your phone rings.
  • You can blind fire with any weapon but the sniper rifle.
  • The first girl that Niko hooks up with is called Michelle. She asks a lot of awkward questions.
  • You can whistle for a cab by pushing the L1 button.
  • Lazlow is back on the radio, hosting his own chat show once again.
  • There's an advert for a website called babiesovernight.com. GTA veterans may remember petsovernight.com from GTA3.
  • Throughout the story, there are several times where you must choose whether an important character lives or dies.
  • Real comedians can be found performing in the comedy clubs.
  • Many of the games locations have been built especially for firefights, including the Libertonian museum with dinosaur fossils and exploding vases.
  • OPM say that GTA4 is influenced by the movie 'Eastern Promises', Fast Food, Celebrity Culture, Fox News and the TV show 'Brotherhood'.
  • OPM also state that the game is not perfect, and that there are sometimes problems with the aiming system occasionally locking onto incapacitated enemies rather than those who are shooting at you, but that it's a massive improvement over the previous aiming systems.
  • Helicopters are said to be very difficult to fly, and bikes are very fragile meaning you'll most likely be flying off it every few seconds.
In addition to this, all of the GTA4 radio stations have been revealed:
  • WKTT - We Know The Truth (right wing talk radio)
  • San Juan Sounds (latin)
  • Integrity 2.0 (chat show, hosted by Lazlow)
  • Liberty City Hardcore (punk/hardcore)
  • Liberty Rock Radio 97.8 (classic rock)
  • The Vibe 98.8 (soul/R'n'B)
  • PLR - Public Liberty Radio (radio phone-in)
  • The Classics 104.1 (old-skool hip-hop)
  • Jazz Nation Radio 108.5 (jazz)
  • Vladivostok FM (eastern european music)
  • Radio Broker (alternative rock)
  • Tuff Gong Radio (reggae/dub)
  • Electro Choc (dance)
  • Massive B Soundsystem 96.9 (dance hall)
  • IF99 - International Funk (funk)
  • The Beat 102.7 (contemporary hip-hop)
  • K109 The Studio (disco)
  • Fusion FM
  • The Journey (ambient/chillout)
Credit to raidenraider2006 and Asthenia.

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Psy   Official Playstation Magazine Review: 10/10   Apr 16 2008, 12:46 PM
- - Rayniac   Very cool info there! Thanks for posting! ...   Apr 16 2008, 01:31 PM
- - Lazzbrium   Argh, I just read the spoilers and now I'm bea...   Apr 16 2008, 01:32 PM
- - Samurai_tbag   Nice to see two decent Hip-Hop stations.   Apr 16 2008, 01:33 PM
- - craniumkick   damn the radio is gonna kick ass   Apr 16 2008, 02:34 PM
- - Asthenia   And this is how the post will look children, if yo...   Apr 16 2008, 02:38 PM
- - TwoFacedTanner   Woot a Classic Rock station! And judging by t...   Apr 16 2008, 02:48 PM
- - REIDYTHEKING   wow now i can scratch my balls virtualy aswell ...   Apr 16 2008, 03:23 PM
- - bOnEs   awesome... i just hope that your decisions on main...   Apr 16 2008, 03:39 PM
- - Anton   i just listened to vladivostok FM, hilarious. if a...   Apr 16 2008, 03:42 PM
- - In Kontrol   Ha ha! It just gets better and better!   Apr 16 2008, 04:26 PM
- - HB~Sauce   QUOTEOPM also state that the game is not perfect, ...   Apr 16 2008, 05:04 PM
- - -spyder-   Great info, thanks for posting QUOTEMany of the g...   Apr 16 2008, 05:12 PM
- - Rayniac   QUOTE(HB~Sauce @ Apr 16 2008, 05:04 PM) 1...   Apr 16 2008, 06:42 PM
- - craniumkick   soo i guess theres no scans? (not supposed to ask ...   Apr 16 2008, 08:43 PM
|- - TreeFitty   QUOTE(craniumkick @ Apr 16 2008, 04:43 PM...   Apr 16 2008, 10:05 PM
- - Soliex   Helicopters in any video game seem hard to fly; th...   Apr 16 2008, 10:12 PM
- - The_Technician   QUOTE(Psy @ Apr 16 2008, 10:46 PM) 141263...   Apr 17 2008, 10:27 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 07:00 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4