Post #1

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
XBL Gamertag: Psyware
PSN Name: Psycopsy
Xfire Identity: Psyware

The Official Playstation Magazine in the UK has released it's review of the game just a few days after the Official Xbox Magazine released theirs. The news is good in terms of the console 'war' as both magazines have rated the game 10/10. There were a few new snippets of interesting information in the Playstation magazine, however we're now so close to the game being released, we'll leave out a few of them for you to discover in game on your own (or unless you decide to read the magazine yourself).
  • One of the main reasons that Niko visits Liberty City is to find the man who betrayed his old army unit.
  • If you leave Niko standing still for a few seconds, the first thing he'll do is scratch his balls.
  • The PS3 Version will support Dual Shock 3 vibration controllers, with the control vibrating when your phone rings.
  • You can blind fire with any weapon but the sniper rifle.
  • The first girl that Niko hooks up with is called Michelle. She asks a lot of awkward questions.
  • You can whistle for a cab by pushing the L1 button.
  • Lazlow is back on the radio, hosting his own chat show once again.
  • There's an advert for a website called babiesovernight.com. GTA veterans may remember petsovernight.com from GTA3.
  • Throughout the story, there are several times where you must choose whether an important character lives or dies.
  • Real comedians can be found performing in the comedy clubs.
  • Many of the games locations have been built especially for firefights, including the Libertonian museum with dinosaur fossils and exploding vases.
  • OPM say that GTA4 is influenced by the movie 'Eastern Promises', Fast Food, Celebrity Culture, Fox News and the TV show 'Brotherhood'.
  • OPM also state that the game is not perfect, and that there are sometimes problems with the aiming system occasionally locking onto incapacitated enemies rather than those who are shooting at you, but that it's a massive improvement over the previous aiming systems.
  • Helicopters are said to be very difficult to fly, and bikes are very fragile meaning you'll most likely be flying off it every few seconds.
In addition to this, all of the GTA4 radio stations have been revealed:
  • WKTT - We Know The Truth (right wing talk radio)
  • San Juan Sounds (latin)
  • Integrity 2.0 (chat show, hosted by Lazlow)
  • Liberty City Hardcore (punk/hardcore)
  • Liberty Rock Radio 97.8 (classic rock)
  • The Vibe 98.8 (soul/R'n'B)
  • PLR - Public Liberty Radio (radio phone-in)
  • The Classics 104.1 (old-skool hip-hop)
  • Jazz Nation Radio 108.5 (jazz)
  • Vladivostok FM (eastern european music)
  • Radio Broker (alternative rock)
  • Tuff Gong Radio (reggae/dub)
  • Electro Choc (dance)
  • Massive B Soundsystem 96.9 (dance hall)
  • IF99 - International Funk (funk)
  • The Beat 102.7 (contemporary hip-hop)
  • K109 The Studio (disco)
  • Fusion FM
  • The Journey (ambient/chillout)
Credit to raidenraider2006 and Asthenia.

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rayniac
post Apr 16 2008, 01:31 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,154

Very cool info there! Thanks for posting!
They actually posted all the stations... Hope Rockstar agreed to that smile.gif But I'm glad to see a bunch of good rockstations!

And the ballscratching thing is probably the first thing I'll do when starting up the game! :-)

--------------------
On my Signal,..., Unleash Hell !
Achievements

+Quote Post
I Made Your Mom ...
post Apr 16 2008, 01:32 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 8,614
XBL Gamertag: Strike Viper
PSN Name: Imbrium

Argh, I just read the spoilers and now I'm beating my head against the wall.
Still, nice info. 10/10 reviews from two magazines is definitely cause for joy. We'll have to see how the unofficial magazines rate it though.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Samurai_tbag
post Apr 16 2008, 01:33 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 5,211

Nice to see two decent Hip-Hop stations.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
craniumkick
post Apr 16 2008, 02:34 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,235
PSN Name: SomeStrangeSin

damn the radio is gonna kick ass

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Apr 16 2008, 02:38 PM
Post #6

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

And this is how the post will look children, if you're not pulling stuff from sources and throwing it all into one post. Nice. cool.gif

It's a very good review.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Apr 16 2008, 02:48 PM
Post #7

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

Woot a Classic Rock station!

And judging by those scans...he is always scratching his head when he has a body in his trunk.
If only you could put all bodies in the trunk. Haha, dead black dude storage! Or dead hooker storage...

This post has been edited by TwoFacedTanner: Apr 16 2008, 02:58 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
REIDYTHEKING
post Apr 16 2008, 03:23 PM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,166

wow now i can scratch my balls virtualy aswell !!!!!
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Apr 16 2008, 03:39 PM
Post #9

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

awesome... i just hope that your decisions on main characters living or dying doesn't affect the 100% goal... because, i am sure there are points where you are still doing missions for this guy that you are now suppose to whack...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Anton
post Apr 16 2008, 03:42 PM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,059

i just listened to vladivostok FM, hilarious. if anyone understands russian/ukrainian you'll know what i mean.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
In Kontrol
post Apr 16 2008, 04:26 PM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,653

Ha ha! It just gets better and better! biggrin.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
HB~Sauce
post Apr 16 2008, 05:04 PM
Post #12

Vandal

Member No.: 20,125

OPM also state that the game is not perfect, and that there are sometimes problems with the aiming system occasionally locking onto incapacitated enemies rather than those who are shooting at you, but that it's a massive improvement over the previous aiming systems.
Good to see a flaw, and it doesn't seem that much of a nusaince.

Helicopters are said to be very difficult to fly, and bikes are very fragile meaning you'll most likely be flying off it every few seconds.

By difficult they mean "GTA III Dodo" hard?

Getting really excited for the game!

--------------------
I get bored...
Achievements

+Quote Post
-spyder-
post Apr 16 2008, 05:12 PM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 32,804

Great info, thanks for posting

Many of the games locations have been built especially for firefights, including the Libertonian museum with dinosaur fossils and exploding vases.

this sounds well good

--------------------

---
Achievements

+Quote Post
Rayniac
post Apr 16 2008, 06:42 PM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 3,154

QUOTE(HB~Sauce @ Apr 16 2008, 05:04 PM) [snapback]1412828[/snapback]
OPM also state that the game is not perfect, and that there are sometimes problems with the aiming system occasionally locking onto incapacitated enemies rather than those who are shooting at you, but that it's a massive improvement over the previous aiming systems.
Good to see a flaw, and it doesn't seem that much of a nusaince.

Helicopters are said to be very difficult to fly, and bikes are very fragile meaning you'll most likely be flying off it every few seconds.
By difficult they mean "GTA III Dodo" hard?

Getting really excited for the game!

I think that would be a little too hard... :-)

--------------------
On my Signal,..., Unleash Hell !
Achievements

+Quote Post
craniumkick
post Apr 16 2008, 08:43 PM
Post #15

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,235
PSN Name: SomeStrangeSin

soo i guess theres no scans? (not supposed to ask that?)

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Apr 16 2008, 10:05 PM
Post #16

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

QUOTE(craniumkick @ Apr 16 2008, 04:43 PM) [snapback]1413114[/snapback]
soo i guess theres no scans? (not supposed to ask that?)

Check the GTA 4 forum.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Soliex
post Apr 16 2008, 10:12 PM
Post #17

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,492

Helicopters in any video game seem hard to fly; that is unless your proficient and understand the laws of physics that a helicopter interacts with.

I'm sure I wont have a problem hovering peacefully along the streets of liberty city.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
The_Technician
post Apr 17 2008, 10:27 AM
Post #18

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,857

QUOTE(Psy @ Apr 16 2008, 10:46 PM) [snapback]1412636[/snapback]
One of the main reasons that Niko visits Liberty City is to find the man who betrayed his old army unit.

BRILLIANT! i like it, and it sets up a really good ending, as the guy you'll have to kill will be a hardcore soldier too.

If you leave Niko standing still for a few seconds, the first thing he'll do is scratch his balls.

utterly hilarious.

The PS3 Version will support Dual Shock 3 vibration controllers, with the control vibrating when your phone rings.

iiii like it.

Throughout the story, there are several times where you must choose whether an important character lives or dies.

i heard about this, and it's great. i hope that we get to choose to kill Roman sometime in the game...fat bastard.

Real comedians can be found performing in the comedy clubs.

Like Ricky Gervais. maybe Jerry Seinfeld will too?

Many of the games locations have been built especially for firefights, including the Libertonian museum with dinosaur fossils and exploding vases.

Thats it...i NEED this fucking game!

OPM say that GTA4 is influenced by the movie 'Eastern Promises', Fast Food, Celebrity Culture, Fox News and the TV show 'Brotherhood'.

i LOVE that movie

all i can say is that this game is going to be a beautiful work of living, breathing art. and i can't wait to own it.

--------------------
=The Technician=

Since 24.03.08
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 05:21 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4