Rockstar Games have updated their Social Club
splash website with a new date indicating when you'll be able to pre-register your account. The website was originally unveiled to go live on April 15th, however we now know that the pre-registration will take place from Thursday 17th of April.
If you've been living under a rock for the last month or so, and you're wondering what exactly is R* SC, then here's a few snippets of what we'll be looking at for GTA4:
- The LCPD Police Blotter will feature a map of Liberty City that tracks the criminal activity of the many players connected to the internet. It will feature information such as the more dangerous areas of town and which weapons are more common the others.
- The Story Gang will be a leaderboard that will not only show who completed the main story arc of the game first, but also how long it took. People who become a member of this club will receive special online widgets and merit badges.
- The 100% Club will be extremely popular as it will show who out of the millions of players will reach 100% completion first. The first 10 people to do so will be sent an ultra-rare commemorative 'key to the city' to mark their accomplishment! Later on it will rank members based on who will be able to get to 100% in the shortest amount of time.
- The Hall of Fame will recognize those elite players who have reached the top of various different statistical leaderboards, and will also contain a personal awards display of awards earned in Social Club competitions and via reaching various in-game achievements.
- The Liberty City Marathon will be a ranking of special physical milestones achieved in the game, from the number of miles walked, driven, or swam to the number of bullets fired and stunt-jumps jumped. Other events will be added as time goes on.
These are only a small sample of what's to come. In the weeks and months following the release of GTA IV more events, challenges, leaderboards and competitions will be rolled out regularly so there will be much to see and do.