Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Great Britain
J-Mi
post Apr 1 2008, 12:58 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,846

Is it really that great anymore?? Don't get me wrong I'm proud to be british, but my pride is a lot different to the pride our lads had back in 1945 coming back off the boats from the war and then parading through our GREAT british streets all smiles and waving union jacks. This country has seriously gone to shit and most of us do the typically british thing and keep our mouths shut and get on with it. This isn't a democratic country anymore. Our way of life has changed to accomodate the views, morals and beliefs of foreign cultures, whether they've come into our country illegally or not. We get told we can't display St. Georges flags in certain parts of the country, our squaddies can't walk down a british street wearing a british uniform, our doctors can't even eat dinner at their desks anymore incase someone fasting walks in and sees them... oh deary me. Has everybody forgotten the bradford riots? Do they not think that eventually we'll break and it'll happen again on a much larger scale? I don't know personally. But it's not just these issues that irritate me, it's things like the cost of everything going up by like 25% every 6 months, not being able to smoke in an empty bus shelter (for fucks sake), constantly being watched 24/7, H&S to bollocks up and slow down everything and I mean everything. I could go on... for quite a while too. Maybe I'm tired but what does everyone else think? I'd just like to know where my taxes are really going.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Apr 1 2008, 01:02 AM
Post #2

Jailbird
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 23,545

QUOTE(J-Mi @ Mar 31 2008, 11:58 PM) [snapback]1403869[/snapback]
Is it really that great anymore?? Don't get me wrong I'm proud to be british, but my pride is a lot different to the pride our lads had back in 1945 coming back off the boats from the war and then parading through our GREAT british streets all smiles and waving union jacks. This country has seriously gone to shit and most of us do the typically british thing and keep our mouths shut and get on with it. This isn't a democratic country anymore. Our way of life has changed to accomodate the views, morals and beliefs of foreign cultures, whether they've come into our country illegally or not. We get told we can't display St. Georges flags in certain parts of the country, our squaddies can't walk down a british street wearing a british uniform, our doctors can't even eat dinner at their desks anymore incase someone fasting walks in and sees them... oh deary me. Has everybody forgotten the bradford riots? Do they not think that eventually we'll break and it'll happen again on a much larger scale? I don't know personally. But it's not just these issues that irritate me, it's things like the cost of everything going up by like 25% every 6 months, not being able to smoke in an empty bus shelter (for fucks sake), constantly being watched 24/7, H&S to bollocks up and slow down everything and I mean everything. I could go on... for quite a while too. Maybe I'm tired but what does everyone else think? I'd just like to know where my taxes are really going.

If it was great I wouldn't be leaving ASAP away from this place, with gone over-culturized and its us (White Caucasion) Who now get the back end of everything, Im moving to America after Uni, just because Uni is alot cheaper here.

--------------------
YES I don't play Xbox 360 anymore.

Add me on steam BITCHES. Pieface876
Achievements

+Quote Post
J-Mi
post Apr 1 2008, 01:12 AM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Pieface @ Apr 1 2008, 02:02 AM) [snapback]1403873[/snapback]
QUOTE(J-Mi @ Mar 31 2008, 11:58 PM) [snapback]1403869[/snapback]

If it was great I wouldn't be leaving ASAP away from this place, with gone over-culturized and its us (White Caucasion) Who now get the back end of everything, Im moving to America after Uni, just because Uni is alot cheaper here.

Yea, I'm thinking of moving to Poland, there can't be anyone there now.
Achievements

+Quote Post
psychÝ
post Apr 1 2008, 01:48 AM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,279

Indeed, rip it for all its got and then leave, not so great at all. rolleyes.gif

I would say it is pretty great considering it has the 6th largest economy in the world.

--------------------

Dragonfly
Achievements

+Quote Post
new major on the...
post Apr 1 2008, 03:58 AM
Post #5

Pickpocket

Member No.: 34,134
PSN Name: ARCHmajor

The funny thing is everything that is happening across the atlantic in G.B. is slowly happening over here in the great US of A. We brothers in arms will soon be strangers in our own land too, give it 20 more years or so. The fall of the civilized world is at hand, what can you do?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Un-Amurikan Bast...
post Apr 1 2008, 04:41 AM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 17,310

Meh. I'm going to leave the U.S. some day, but moreso just to live somewhere else than because this country is shit. I do have issues with all of this country's problems, but I'm going somewhere else because I want to live in another country (at least for a while). What country I move to depends on what its systems are and whether or not my English and schleckte Deutsch will take me very far. However, I may find that this country sucks more than I think it does and never come back O.o

--------------------

QUOTE(Styx)
Dancin' on a landmine baby one leg left, I can still crawl and I'm not dead yet. You better get a bigger gun, I'm not dead yet.

QUOTE(K. M. Munshi)
Have a scripture to recite, but make your own path.

Achievements

+Quote Post
tropo
post Apr 1 2008, 05:36 AM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 38,953

same as australia. we have always been following britain (afterall they are the mother country), but now our culture has become americanised. not that there is anything wrong with that, its just a totally different way of life to what we are all used to. we havent had time to adapt, it sort of popped up overnight.

with our previous prime minister (john coward, i mean howard), america would ask us to jump and we'd say how high. now we have kevin rudd and finally our country has some balls with our troops destined to leave iraq.

its just a case of the world changing too fast for the inhabitants to keep up.
Achievements

+Quote Post
gingergenius
post Apr 1 2008, 07:53 AM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 27,536

QUOTE(new major on the block @ Apr 1 2008, 04:58 AM) [snapback]1403909[/snapback]
The funny thing is everything that is happening across the atlantic in G.B. is slowly happening over here in the great US of A. We brothers in arms will soon be strangers in our own land too, give it 20 more years or so. The fall of the civilized world is at hand, what can you do?

Haha unless you're native american then you're getting what you deserve. A whole wave of immigrants come into america, take the locals' land and oppress them? that's not mexicans, thats whites 250 years ago.

J-mi, quit spouting all this anti-immigration shit, look at the facts. So-called British Nationalism has never taken off outside England. The English themselves were immigrants to this country when the Germanic invaders came over 1500 years ago. Look at the real indigenous nationalist movements, ie. in Wales, and they're all for the protection of their own local culture rather than claiming that there is, as you imply, an accepted British culture.

You seem to come from a white working class viewpoint; and fair enough I'd agree in some respects there are cases of 'political correctness gone mad'. I'll just let someone else finish my argument. Listen to this from 4 minutes in
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny†
post Apr 1 2008, 08:45 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 38,184

QUOTE(Pieface @ Apr 1 2008, 12:02 PM) [snapback]1403873[/snapback]

Stuff the US, come to Aus, we'll go bowling.

QUOTE(psychÝ)
I would say it is pretty great considering it has the 6th largest economy in the world.

He's not alking about the money, he's talking about the laws and government policies changing to meet the needs of imigrants.

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mekstizzle
post Apr 1 2008, 12:32 PM
Post #10

Nobody Special
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 7,717

No other country is as PC and Liberal as this place. It's seriously lame imo... I mean shit, I would think that even I'm a pretty liberal person myself, but this country has gone over the top.

The fact that they do stupid shit like banning so many things, and banning alot of "heritage" things only causes more friction between white people and the rest. So the stupid government doesn't understand that they're not helping by doing stupid shit like this.
Achievements

+Quote Post
BIG FUCKING SPID...
post Apr 1 2008, 04:09 PM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 10,974

QUOTE(gingergenius @ Apr 1 2008, 08:53 AM) [snapback]1403957[/snapback]
QUOTE(new major on the block @ Apr 1 2008, 04:58 AM) [snapback]1403909[/snapback]

J-mi, quit spouting all this anti-immigration shit, look at the facts. So-called British Nationalism has never taken off outside England. The English themselves were immigrants to this country when the Germanic invaders came over 1500 years ago. Look at the real indigenous nationalist movements, ie. in Wales, and they're all for the protection of their own local culture rather than claiming that there is, as you imply, an accepted British culture.

The difference is though when the Anglos, Jutes, Saxons, Vikings, Irish, Normans and the Celts came they built England up from nothing, and also to the fact they have been here 1000+ years, surely that means something? This Island can only sustain so much Population, I mean a recent study found that 30 Million is the optimum Population for Britain.

J-Mi, I agree this country has gone down the shitpan, especially regarding respect and Crime.
Achievements

+Quote Post
AfonsoAlves
post Apr 1 2008, 05:05 PM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 2,168

It just goes to show that all these niggly little rules and laws that are being fed out are slowly turning this country into pc world. We'll never be a great country again, no-one has the balls to stand up for the silent majority.

What does it mean to be white working class in "great" britain nowadays?

And actually, anybody think that it is now actually the english who are being taken for a ride ?. For example Every week in the news there are stories about the scots and welsh getting cheaper prescriptions http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7323062.stm

This post has been edited by L7 Leone: Apr 1 2008, 05:08 PM

--------------------
Sig too tall. Max height is 250px tall.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ulster_Niko
post Apr 1 2008, 05:07 PM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,823

I agree that Britain has gone significantly downhill in recent times, but so has the world. We now live in an era of ridiculous political correctness and government red tape that even disagreeing with immigration, which is one of the reasons Britain is going downhill, for example has you labelled as a right wing fascist. A bit of fucking realism wouldn't do that government a bit of harm, do they really think they can make such a multicultural, economically trodden upon, society work? There needs to be a bit of real political manoevering rather than the modern pussyfooting bullshit they get up to.

--------------------
You'll Never Walk Alone

Liverpool FC
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mekstizzle
post Apr 1 2008, 05:16 PM
Post #14

Nobody Special
Group Icon

Most of the people causing shit are little white teens being anti-social chavs. They heavily outnumber the number of black people/black chavs who commit crimes, or the number of muslims who blow things up, or the number of immigrants doing bad things. Imo.

So, it's not an immigrant problem. It's the fact that there's no respect these days, and nobody is allowed to punish kids. So they grow up knowing they can do whatever they want with no consequences, it's almost anarchsim
Achievements

+Quote Post
J-Mi
post Apr 1 2008, 05:57 PM
Post #15

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(gingergenius @ Apr 1 2008, 08:53 AM) [snapback]1403957[/snapback]

Haha unless you're native american then you're getting what you deserve. A whole wave of immigrants come into america, take the locals' land and oppress them? that's not mexicans, thats whites 250 years ago.

You seem to come from a white working class viewpoint; and fair enough I'd agree in some respects there are cases of 'political correctness gone mad'. I'll just let someone else finish my argument. Listen to this from 4 minutes in

Nobody cares about what happened in the past, I was never part of it and never lived in it. I'm no where near being anti-immigration, you obviousley misunderstood. I'm quite happy for people to take refuge or seek work in our country, but when these people start sponging and whining on about our culture, beliefs and what not that takes the piss. It's like me going next door and saying 'right, I don't like that wallpaper, don't like this programme i'll turn it over, don't like your curtains'... I think u get the point. They really have no say in what we do think or believe, at all! I think they only have a right to what they came here to do, work or flee some war torn country. Im not a nazi or anything like that, I just love my country... or the heart and soul of this country.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mekstizzle
post Apr 1 2008, 07:41 PM
Post #16

Nobody Special
Group Icon

Well I'd say it's the natives that are destroying this country don't you think? I mean. Seeing as white kids are doing most of the damage seeing as like, 50% of them at least are Chav cock monglers, and how it's white politicians who are making all these silly rules banning flags etc..

I'm just saying what I see. We need someone with some balls and common sense, that's all.

Other countries laugh at the shit we do here. It's shameful tbh, you're right.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Austin
post Apr 2 2008, 04:02 PM
Post #17

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 141

QUOTE(Mekington @ Apr 1 2008, 08:41 PM) [snapback]1404167[/snapback]
Well I'd say it's the natives that are destroying this country don't you think? I mean. Seeing as white kids are doing most of the damage seeing as like, 50% of them at least are Chav cock monglers, and how it's white politicians who are making all these silly rules banning flags etc..

I'm just saying what I see. We need someone with some balls and common sense, that's all.

Other countries laugh at the shit we do here. It's shameful tbh, you're right.

You think 50% of white kids are chavs?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mekstizzle
post Apr 2 2008, 04:08 PM
Post #18

Nobody Special
Group Icon

If I was to put a number on it, I'd go as far as saying the majority of kids these days are chavs. Especially around these parts. Now white people are the majority here (duh), so yeah, most of them are chavs...

Face it, that's what it is. Nobody can control their fuckin kids anymore.

"He's just havin fun" - the parents say...

Fuck off you council shites...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Austin
post Apr 2 2008, 04:23 PM
Post #19

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 141

I'm not sure how you're defining chav.. in my view chavs are those council estate retards in tacky fake designer gear with baseball caps and go around acting fucktards and intimidating people. But they're definitely a small minority compared to most white children.
Achievements

+Quote Post
psychÝ
post Apr 2 2008, 04:41 PM
Post #20

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,279

QUOTE(Austin @ Apr 2 2008, 05:23 PM) [snapback]1404567[/snapback]
I'm not sure how you're defining chav.. in my view chavs are those council estate retards in tacky fake designer gear with baseball caps and go around acting fucktards and intimidating people. But they're definitely a small minority compared to most white children.

I would say in certain areas of the country *cough* Manchester *cough* they are closer to a large minority, if not a majority in certain specific areas in the country.

However I will agree with you they are a small minority in terms of the whole of the UK, but depending on where you live you will get a bias view of society.

--------------------

Dragonfly
Achievements

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 10:05 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4