Post #1

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
XBL Gamertag: Psyware
PSN Name: Psycopsy
Xfire Identity: Psyware

As we've mentioned a few times in the past month or so, a number of the larger gaming sites have been treated to a hands on preview of GTA4. They've now all released articles about what they saw in the game and what they thought of it. You can read the articles at the links below. You'll find many new screenshots on our very own screenshots page.

Check out the rest on our screenshots page.

Read The Previews:What They Tell Us
Kikizo
  • Accessing the mobile phone after being wasted or busted in a mission allows you to immediately restart it.
  • In hand to hand combat, each button does a different attack, and combos are possible if they are pressed in the right order.
  • In confined areas, or in spaces close to long drops, the movement controls become less sensitive so you don't find yourself inadvertently slamming into walls or falling off rooftops.
  • Broker is the only island accessible from the start of the game, with bridges leading out of it being blocked off by police blockades, however the second area, Bohan, won't take as long to unlock as the outback did in San Andreas.
  • In higher-end sports cars, the GPS system tells you where to go in spoken words.
  • Cars are not customizable and you can't store things inside them.
  • The targetting system allows you angle up for headshots or down to shoot arms or legs (anyone who has played Crackdown will know how useful this can be).
  • There are a total of 18 radio stations.
  • There should be a Multiplayer hands-on preview next month.
Team Xbox
  • Pressing the Left Bumper on the Xbox 360 controller while driving brings up an aiming reticule and allows Niko to shoot out of the car.
  • The size of your 'wanted radius' (the area which you have to escape to lose the cops) increases with your wanted level.
  • Niko is a master at Krav Maga, a fighting style used in the Israeli Special Forces.
  • Insane Stunt Jumps are back.
1up
  • You can be flung through the windshield if you crash at high speed.
  • Underwater explosions send eruptions to the surface.
  • Day/night cycle changes in natural gradients so each day looks different.
CVG
  • The frame rate is "absolutely rock solid".
  • The difference in the controls for low and high-end cars is far larger than in the previous GTAs.

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FuddMan
post Feb 28 2008, 07:12 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,351

This my quick summary of the articles. I ignored the details of the actual missions because I didn't want to spoil it for myself....

Kikizo
- Accessing the mobile phone after being wasted or busted in a mission allows you to immediately restart it.
- In hand to hand combat, each button does a different attack, and combos are possible if they are pressed in the right order.
- In confined areas, or in spaces close to long drops, the movement controls become less sensitive so you don't find yourself inadvertently slamming into walls or falling off rooftops.
- Broker is the only island accessible from the start of the game, with bridges leading out of it being blocked off by police blockades, however the second area, Boham, won't take as long to unlock as the outback did in San Andreas.
- In higher-end sports cars, the GPS system tells you where to go in spoken words.
- Cars are not customizable and you can't store things inside them.
- The targetting system allows you angle up for headshots or down to shoot arms or legs (anyone who has played Crackdown will know how useful this can be).
- There are a total of 18 radio stations.
- There should be a Multiplayer hands-on preview next month.

Team Xbox
- Pressing the Left Bumper on the Xbox 360 controller while driving brings up an aiming reticule and allows Niko to shoot out of the car.
- The size of your 'wanted radius' (the area which you have to escape to lose the cops) increases with your wanted level.
- Niko is a master at Krav Maga, a fighting style used in the Israeli Special Forces.
- Insane Stunt Jumps are back.

1up
- You can be flung through the windshield if you crash at high speed.
- Underwater explosions send eruptions to the surface.
- Day/night cycle changes in natural gradients so each day looks different.

CVG
- The frame rate is "absolutely rock solid".
- The difference in the controls for low and high-end cars is far larger than in the previous GTAs.

The IGN preview was shit so I didn't pull anything from there, and I didn't add this into the original post because, as I said, I ignored the missions, so it's not a full summary...

--------------------
QUOTE (Psy)
Well, I must be honest, I do occasionally have the odd night off where I stick my fingers in as many pussy's as I can
php stands for psy humping pussy

zomg it's DuffMan's clone.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Soliex
post Feb 28 2008, 07:16 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,492

So, from what ive read at computerandvideogames.com (the only website Vanguard didnt block) They revealed a new mission, I think, and said the police chopper has a minigun. Also, you can shoot the pilots out of the sky with the sniper rifle, even through glass. Your wanted stars turn grey when your "hidden" from the police.

Not a whole lot of new info, anything from the other websites?

EDIT*

"- Cars are not customizable and you can't store things inside them."

Booooo!!!!

This post has been edited by Soliex: Feb 28 2008, 07:17 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
CutThatCity
post Feb 28 2008, 08:25 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 1,252

Thanks for the summaries duffman, im so fucking exited.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Feb 28 2008, 08:45 PM
Post #5

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

QUOTE(DuffMan @ Feb 28 2008, 01:12 PM) [snapback]1396589[/snapback]
Team Xbox

- Niko is a master at Krav Maga, a fighting style used in the Israeli Special Forces.

[youtube]xhKjpdWyYMc[/youtube]

Thats pretty cool stuff.

Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Feb 28 2008, 09:53 PM
Post #6

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

the scope on that sniper rifle looks b/a

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Merkleguy
post Feb 28 2008, 10:47 PM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,275

"- Cars are not customizable and you can't store things inside them."

What the f*ck, i am sooo disappointed in that even buying a new pairs or rims or tinting the windows is not alowwed that is BS.

Im too mad to think about anythign else

--------------------
Although this sig is a direct copy of bOnEs's sig i made it in tribute of his sig, as i liked it so much and wanted one of my own. Plus he already knows i was making a sig to imitate his one. Standard.

Achievements

+Quote Post
I Made Your Mom ...
post Feb 28 2008, 10:49 PM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,614
XBL Gamertag: Strike Viper
PSN Name: Imbrium

Some very interesting bits and bobs I noticed:

"When necessary, headlights can also be put on full beam or dipped (but can't be turned off)."

"When further damage is done, the car is likely to have smoke bellowing from it, and the physical properties of the smoke behave just as realistically at varying speeds, even if it means it rushes back into the camera. The same goes for the smoke coming out of the window when someone is smoking in the car! If you crash, the driver and any passengers will jolt forwards due to their momentum. A particularly nasty crash might bend the wheels out of shape, which will constantly skew the direction you drive in. Car deaths are also spectacular. At one point we were in a bulky Securicor-style vehicle and after a pile-up the vehicle ended up on its side. Pressing Y to exit, Niko climbed out of the 'top' of the van where the passenger door was and jumped to safety. About ten seconds later, the impact of the exploding van sent Niko to the ground leaving our ears ringing - similar to the ringing sound effect in Half-Life 2."

"...there are parking spaces outside safe-houses, where you can store vehicles..."

"A nice touch is that Niko takes a crash helmet and puts it on when getting on a bike and leaves it next to the bike when getting off."

"Dropped weapons and other items have a yellow halo around them (The mission markers are now yellow arrows floating in the air, pointing at the floor, not cylinders like in the previous games)."

"We finally get to number 1006 and hit the intercom."

"...not least of all accidentally triggering car alarms."

"...even at the same time on two unique days, things can look very different."

"...any car can be broken into with a quick elbow through the window (followed by a hot-wiring animation that can be sped up by tapping on the triggers or shoulder buttons)."

"I watched one characters' tie brush over a table as he sat down, not through it."

"...we were told that the GPS system is completely law abiding meaning that it won't send you careering headfirst into traffic down one-way streets."

"...It's also customisable to a degree, with different ring-tones available..." (Talking about the mobile phone).

"Driving head-on into a lamp-post will leave an unmistakably lamp-post-shaped dent in the bonnet."

"At one point, while taking a midnight stroll through Liberty City's quite breathtaking spin on Times Square, we spot a man hunched over the open bonnet of his car, quizzically looking at the broken motor. Being the helpful citizens that we are, we push him to one side and try to hotfoot it with his automobile, but naturally his concerns weren't just a superfluous animation as the car fails to start and we climb out with rose-blushed cheeks."

It's small things like these that make the game for me.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Feb 28 2008, 10:50 PM
Post #9

Goon
Group Icon

Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

They closed off the islands... tsk, tsk.

I'll have to read this myself personally though.

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
Merkleguy
post Feb 28 2008, 11:36 PM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen

"At one point, while taking a midnight stroll through Liberty City's quite breathtaking spin on Times Square, we spot a man hunched over the open bonnet of his car, quizzically looking at the broken motor. Being the helpful citizens that we are, we push him to one side and try to hotfoot it with his automobile, but naturally his concerns weren't just a superfluous animation as the car fails to start and we climb out with rose-blushed cheeks."

But not customizable DAMN IT :@

--------------------
Although this sig is a direct copy of bOnEs's sig i made it in tribute of his sig, as i liked it so much and wanted one of my own. Plus he already knows i was making a sig to imitate his one. Standard.

Achievements

+Quote Post
ConQueSteD
post Feb 29 2008, 12:07 AM
Post #11

Bukkake?
Group Icon

Group: Princess
Member No.: 38,555
XBL Gamertag: ConQueSteD TZA
PSN Name: ConQueSteD

Wow out of all things People are taking cars that cant be customized more harsh than expected.
that was one of my least worries.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
HB~Sauce
post Feb 29 2008, 12:24 AM
Post #12

Vandal

Member No.: 20,125

QUOTE(I2un N Gun @ Feb 28 2008, 05:07 PM) [snapback]1396650[/snapback]
Wow out of all things People are taking cars that cant be customized more harsh than expected.

Agreed, this isn't Need For Speed underground. Plus I didn't like it in San Andreas, you would spend money on a random vehicle and you drive for two blocks and you end up flipping the bitch.

--------------------
I get bored...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Canadianbacon123
post Feb 29 2008, 12:51 AM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,475
XBL Gamertag: Lockdown12345

QUOTE(HB~Sauce @ Feb 28 2008, 08:24 PM) [snapback]1396657[/snapback]
QUOTE(I2un N Gun @ Feb 28 2008, 05:07 PM) [snapback]1396650[/snapback]

Agreed, this isn't Need For Speed underground. Plus I didn't like it in San Andreas, you would spend money on a random vehicle and you drive for two blocks and you end up flipping the bitch.

or it would disappear when u turned around

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
I Made Your Mom ...
post Feb 29 2008, 02:05 AM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,614
XBL Gamertag: Strike Viper
PSN Name: Imbrium

It was said by Rockstar months ago that car customisation will not make a comeback. Where have you guys been?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Merkleguy
post Feb 29 2008, 02:44 AM
Post #15

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Imbrium @ Feb 29 2008, 02:05 AM) [snapback]1396676[/snapback]
It was said by Rockstar months ago that car customisation will not make a comeback. Where have you guys been?

obviously not reading articles that mention none customisable cars.

Need for speed it is not but i loved modding my cars and they didn't dissappear that often thats a exaggeration you just gotta know where and how to keep them and drive normally.

Anyway theres a Bentley/Chrysler 300 looking whip with tinted window there so i'll just have to steal that evey day.

Also does anyone find that reading about the missions is quite boring? and that reading about how realistic the game is, is more interesting??

Merk

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Feb 29 2008, 03:37 PM
Post #16

Clepto

Why did they keep saying Boham?

It says on the official sit Bohan.
Hell, even Duff put Boham.
Unless he just copied it.
Then all is forgiven.
Achievements

+Quote Post
mooby346
post Feb 29 2008, 04:44 PM
Post #17

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 887

I liked modding cars in SA, but it's not that big of a deal so I can live without it. I thought it was interesting that they mentioned you can save cars in parking spaces outside of safehouses. I'm curious to know if that means you could park like 5 different cars in five different parking spaces outside your house and it would save them all, or rather if that only just applied to like one or two parking spaces.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Sharpie Fetish
post Feb 29 2008, 06:32 PM
Post #18

Litterer
Group Icon

Member No.: 34,595

QUOTE(Psy @ Feb 28 2008, 06:18 PM) [snapback]1396587[/snapback]
[*]Broker is the only island accessible from the start of the game, with bridges leading out of it being blocked off by police blockades, however the second area, Bohan, won't take as long to unlock as the outback did in San Andreas.
[*]Cars are not customizable and you can't store things inside them.
[*]The size of your 'wanted radius' (the area which you have to escape to lose the cops) increases with your wanted level.

Wow this game just gets worse and worse.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Jeff Threat
post Feb 29 2008, 07:29 PM
Post #19

Shoplifter

Member No.: 35,441
XBL Gamertag: Zombie RoboCop

IGN had some of the best info.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Feb 29 2008, 07:48 PM
Post #20

Clepto

QUOTE(Recruit CyanTist @ Feb 29 2008, 12:32 PM) [snapback]1396816[/snapback]
QUOTE(Psy @ Feb 28 2008, 06:18 PM) [snapback]1396587[/snapback]
[*]Broker is the only island accessible from the start of the game, with bridges leading out of it being blocked off by police blockades, however the second area, Bohan, won't take as long to unlock as the outback did in San Andreas.
[*]Cars are not customizable and you can't store things inside them.
[*]The size of your 'wanted radius' (the area which you have to escape to lose the cops) increases with your wanted level.

Wow this game just gets worse and worse.

Whoa...whoa...

I have to words for you.

Come on!

C'mon!

They said car customization was out a while back. The size of the wanted radius getting larger with an increase of your wanted level makes sense. And the bridges being blocked off isn't that bad.

C'mon!
Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 10:21 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4