Post #1

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
XBL Gamertag: Psyware
PSN Name: Psycopsy
Xfire Identity: Psyware

This news snippet will be totally irrelevant to many of our visitors, but if you live in Germany and you plan to get GTA4, you'll need to be over 18 to buy it. This comes from the German software rater Unterhaltungssoftware Selbstkontrolle, or if like me you can't get anywhere near to pronouncing that properly, USK for short who have reviewed the content of the XBox 360 version of the game. We assume the PS3 version will be rated exactly the same, but we'll find out in the near future.

Thanks to our partner site GTA4HQ for the details.

Check out the original information on the USK Website... If you can read German, that is.

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mekstizzle
post Feb 27 2008, 03:46 PM
Post #2

Nobody Special
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 7,717

I'll actually be disappointed if it's not 18 over here. Not in the sense that "oh my god how can they rate it lower" in the sense that "how much have they pussified it to make it not worthy of 18"
Achievements

+Quote Post
Psy
post Feb 27 2008, 03:57 PM
Post #3

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
XBL Gamertag: Psyware
PSN Name: Psycopsy
Xfire Identity: Psyware

It'll almost certainly be rated 18. There's no feasible way it can be anything less. With realistic body movements and the ability to shoot people in different body parts, not to mention all the crime and blood, strip clubs, etc etc... It will be an 18.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Feb 27 2008, 05:55 PM
Post #4

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 1,564

good news after hearing that it wasnt going to be censored in australia. so gta iv is badass and not toned down

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Amis
post Feb 27 2008, 06:22 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,708

GTAs have been always rated 18 in here (Finland) too. I think that being rated as 18 is general thing in Europe when it comes to GTA. Nothing bad about it.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
~Brad~
post Feb 27 2008, 06:47 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,091

Nothing surprising, it's GTA for you.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Niko Fira
post Feb 27 2008, 08:47 PM
Post #7

Nobody Special

Member No.: 38,415

aww god i really hope its 18+ here in U.S.A.
i just hate having to go online and hearing a bunch of kids talking stupid nonsense over halo or gears of war. and especially when it comes to gta4, i dont want to have to go online and hear "ohhh i poWned you'r ass N0ooB" it get's annooying (and no i dont suck at games, lol) so i guess that i'll probably just play the game for like a week until i finally attempt to go online. not saying a person cant enjoy the game, i mean their is a couple of mature enough people under 17 out there. Does anyone else feel the same as i do, you'r thoughts are welcome.
Achievements

+Quote Post
~Brad~
post Feb 27 2008, 09:21 PM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,091

QUOTE(Niko Fira @ Feb 27 2008, 04:47 PM) [snapback]1396401[/snapback]
aww god i really hope its 18+ here in U.S.A.
i just hate having to go online and hearing a bunch of kids talking stupid nonsense over halo or gears of war. and especially when it comes to gta4, i dont want to have to go online and hear "ohhh i poWned you'r ass N0ooB" it get's annooying (and no i dont suck at games, lol) so i guess that i'll probably just play the game for like a week until i finally attempt to go online. not saying a person cant enjoy the game, i mean their is a couple of mature enough people under 17 out there. Does anyone else feel the same as i do, you'r thoughts are welcome.

You do raise a good point here.. In the days of midtown madness and mm2, it was a PC only game so more mature players played it, but when the MM3 version hit Xbox, little nubby kids started playing it and just flooded us with silly questions and it brought the end of a fun game. It will also keep down on stupid violent acts like kids acting out scenes in the game in real life and blowing their heads off. Even though most of the times, mom and dad could buy it, it's still a good hindrance to keep the younger ones away from noobifying the game.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 09:34 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4