> Damage Control: PS3 Exclusivity After GTAIV, Details
Pyrocy
post Feb 26 2008, 07:55 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 2

Jordan at GTAPlanet did a good job of analyzing an easily misinterpreted quote from a representative at Rockstar in an article of PLAY magazine, a Playstation-oriented magazine.

"The game [GTA IV]is both PS3 and 360, but Rockstar has suggested that all further game development is going to be PS3 exclusive."

I italicized "game development" because the term is very obtusely vague and could mean any new franchise they are building. Remember the ho-hum about a new franchise being made by the team to be developed for the PS3? That could be what they are implying to. However, a simple gaff of words can't really account as to why a representative would say such a thing. Unfortunately though, I haven't found the article to which this was published so the context of this quote is a little misleading on it's own. It's considerably illogical from a business standpoint to take a AAA title and have it just be on a platform that is just starting to grow.

I have decided to post this so we can qwell any console hysteria perpetuated by some of the slower members of the community. As of now, this little quote is very unsubstantiated and for all we know may of been an editorial goof by the magazine.

Also, please be courteous and keep your console warrior/fanboy tripe to yourself in the comments. Thank You.

--------------------

Add Me on MySpace if you're so inclined...
QUOTE (Heartless on GTA4.TV)
Unlike the mainstream forums, we're gritty, crazy sociopaths. And still approved by Rockstar. Most GTA Sites cater to a younger, softer audience (Zidane?), as opposed to this forum, which caters to bi-polar grandmothers with too many cats (Pyro?).
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
DiO
post Feb 26 2008, 09:39 PM
Post #2

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 1,564

pretty much what i though they meant

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 05:41 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4