post Feb 29 2008, 09:30 PM
Post #21

Goon
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

QUOTE(Arch Angel @ Feb 29 2008, 04:24 PM) [snapback]1396855[/snapback]
Being a member of the Green Party, I would normally have to say Ralph Nader. But I also realize that voting for Nader will do nothing but take votes away from the Democratic party during the elections. (Note - If you honestly believe that this country will vote in a Republican after what Bush has done the last 8 years, then I think you need to have your head examined.)

That all being said, I think I will have to support Obama. Although we all should realize that whomever gets elected is going to inherit one big pile of shit in office, get charged with trying to clean the mess up, and then go down as one of the worst presidents when he/she has to tell the country that it can't be done.

Just my 2/100 of a dollar.

Anyone who thinks inside party lines puts a limit to what is democracy.

This post has been edited by punxtr: Feb 29 2008, 09:31 PM

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Caliph
post Mar 1 2008, 11:13 AM
Post #22

Nobody Special

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,605

McCain - he's experienced and moderate, unlike the extreme leftist and rightist people. My only concern is his age, I think the Vice pres. will be a very lucky man, if you know what I mean. laugh.gif

--------------------
Playstation 3 80GB | Grand Theft Auto IV | Sony HDTV
Achievements

+Quote Post
Severus Snape
post Mar 3 2008, 01:08 PM
Post #23

Litterer

Member No.: 28,564

QUOTE(punxtr @ Feb 29 2008, 03:30 PM) [snapback]1396863[/snapback]
QUOTE(Arch Angel @ Feb 29 2008, 04:24 PM) [snapback]1396855[/snapback]
Being a member of the Green Party, I would normally have to say Ralph Nader. But I also realize that voting for Nader will do nothing but take votes away from the Democratic party during the elections. (Note - If you honestly believe that this country will vote in a Republican after what Bush has done the last 8 years, then I think you need to have your head examined.)

That all being said, I think I will have to support Obama. Although we all should realize that whomever gets elected is going to inherit one big pile of shit in office, get charged with trying to clean the mess up, and then go down as one of the worst presidents when he/she has to tell the country that it can't be done.

Just my 2/100 of a dollar.

Anyone who thinks inside party lines puts a limit to what is democracy.

A good point. You also should remember that this country isn't supposed to be a 2 party system, but that's how it has turned out. Think about it - how many presidents have we had that aren't republican or democrat? And of those, how many have been elected since 1800?

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 14 2011, 02:10 PM) *
We're more than capable of answering you, we're just not doing it because you're being a cunt, and it's you specifically we don't care about, we do care about the rest of the forums.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Mar 3 2008, 09:35 PM
Post #24

Goon
Group Icon

I'm glad you see it that way as well. The whole two-party system has been bugging me for quite some time now. I once wrote a confusing essay against it including some amends I wanted made to the electoral college (things like proportional representation). It's on my old comp somewhere... I might let you read the confusing thing.

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
I Made Your Mom ...
post Mar 3 2008, 10:50 PM
Post #25

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,614
XBL Gamertag: Strike Viper
PSN Name: Imbrium

QUOTE(KoreyKo @ Feb 25 2008, 03:55 AM) [snapback]1395679[/snapback]
Either Ron Paul or Obama

This. Ronnie would be my first choice though.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Severus Snape
post Mar 4 2008, 12:53 PM
Post #26

Litterer

Member No.: 28,564

QUOTE(punxtr @ Mar 3 2008, 03:35 PM) [snapback]1397376[/snapback]
I'm glad you see it that way as well. The whole two-party system has been bugging me for quite some time now. I once wrote a confusing essay against it including some amends I wanted made to the electoral college (things like proportional representation). It's on my old comp somewhere... I might let you read the confusing thing.

What really spins my gears on this is that the electoral college no longer has any good purpose or function. We now have the ability to hold national elections and get results instantaneously (unless you're florida and have chads hanging all over the place). Legislation has been introduced into congress time and time again to do away with the college, and yet it never passes. Might be that those 2 parties don't want to rock the boat.

EDIT: And yes, I'd like to read the paper you wrote. When you find it, PM me and I'll give you my email address.

This post has been edited by Arch Angel: Mar 4 2008, 12:53 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 14 2011, 02:10 PM) *
We're more than capable of answering you, we're just not doing it because you're being a cunt, and it's you specifically we don't care about, we do care about the rest of the forums.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Jesant13
post Mar 4 2008, 09:14 PM
Post #27

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,138

I support Barack Obama for president because of his plans to improve the U.S.A. Obama has been very successful with voters, over 1,000,000 people have donated and over 1,500,000 people have called others to support Obama. My two favorite plans of his are getting out of Iraq and helping make our planet greener.

On the republican side (since the poll forced me to vote, the first time I tried voting only on the democrat side my browser froze and restarted), I like John McCain. He is a pretty nice guy, but he isn't even close as Obama or Clinton.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Mar 4 2008, 10:56 PM
Post #28

Goon
Group Icon

Just because a man has a general stance and a popular plan doesn't make him the man for the job... seriously, what you told me forces me to doubt him for the people that are swindled by him the same way, time and time again; over and over throughout history.

I'm not voting I've decided. I don't wish to feel the insignificance of making my vote "count" when voting hardly counts due to how presidents are actually elected.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mattay
post Mar 16 2008, 03:25 PM
Post #29

Do Boy
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19,171
PSN Name: PM me

After reading up on the remaining political candidates, I've made the decision to vote for John McCain.

I love his policies on homeland security, immigration, and the Second Amendment (which is a big one for me because I've been an NRA member for the past four years). Though I think we need to shift our direction out of Iraq. Not immedietly, but within a couple of years. Afghanistan however, I'm all for it.

When the race first started out I was a fan of Bill Richardson because of his incredible experience with foreign affairs. Though I think his immigration policy was a little iffy.

I think it's ignorant to vote for a candidate just because of their party. I vote for a candidate based on their policies, ethics, and what they'll do for my country if elected.

--------------------

click my sig for a good time.
Thanks to D-O for the sig
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Mar 19 2008, 03:45 AM
Post #30

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

you know... every time i start to lean towards obama over clinton.. he does something that pisses me off..

Ok so last week we all know that his past came up.. where he is in that church with the Racist pastor..

I mean.. ok.. i fine for that... a bunch of black people complaining about the white man.. whats new. But then he is so audacious as to claim that in his 20 years of being a member of the church.. that he never heard the pastor say anything like that.

Bullshit..

Ok.. so i know he had to say that... i got over it. But then on top of that he has to release this 20 page edict, that while beautifully written, simply glosses over the fact that the preachers stated goal isn't "equality"... and that for twenty years he went to the church.. was preached the same ideals and principles.. but refuses to admit to it.

He acts like a typical ******

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Ulster_Niko
post Mar 20 2008, 01:42 PM
Post #31

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,823

Obama. He seems to be very much on a par with the American people.

--------------------
You'll Never Walk Alone

Liverpool FC
Achievements

+Quote Post
Samurai_tbag
post Mar 20 2008, 03:47 PM
Post #32

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 5,211

Obama, the intellectual choice.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mister Triangle
post Mar 20 2008, 04:31 PM
Post #33

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,169

Anyone that votes for black osama is either black & wants to see the destruction of white America or they're just plain ignorant! Has anyone seen the chaotic state that Africa is in lately? That's how America will end up if blacks get control and I don't want to see the U.S. slip backwards in every way.

Black osama's minister, Wright, is a black power racist and is 100% anti-American. Black osama has been meeting with Al Sharpton a couple times a week since he announced that he was running. Does this not bother anyone? It will when you have kids & think about the kind of world that they will have to grow up in. And now black osama has ties to yet another foul-mouthed, racist, anti-American preacher.

Larry Sinclair came out and said that he used to have 3-way gay sex and smoked crack with obama on a regular basis. Google it. The feds are trying to shut Sinclair down. Black Osama also has a REPERATIONS package ready to go! That means that he is planning on giving the worthless blacks in America a shitload of money just for being black. Yet another free ride from the government! Black Osama has said that the reason blacks don't do well in school is because they don't have the same opportunities as whites. He attributed black crime to blacks not being able to get jobs because of whitey. Can no one else see it?!? He never left an anti-white anti-American church for 20 years!!! The same church that Oprah Winnfrey left because she said that Wright was a racist & anti-American. Damn people. Wake the F up! And for you people that ain't even in America, shut the hell up 'cause You don't even know what the hell you are talking about.

This post has been edited by Mister Triangle: Mar 20 2008, 04:33 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Samurai_tbag
post Mar 20 2008, 05:52 PM
Post #34

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Mister Triangle @ Mar 20 2008, 04:31 PM) [snapback]1400523[/snapback]
Anyone that votes for black osama is either black & wants to see the destruction of white America or they're just plain ignorant! Has anyone seen the chaotic state that Africa is in lately? That's how America will end up if blacks get control and I don't want to see the U.S. slip backwards in every way.

Black osama's minister, Wright, is a black power racist and is 100% anti-American. Black osama has been meeting with Al Sharpton a couple times a week since he announced that he was running. Does this not bother anyone? It will when you have kids & think about the kind of world that they will have to grow up in. And now black osama has ties to yet another foul-mouthed, racist, anti-American preacher.

Larry Sinclair came out and said that he used to have 3-way gay sex and smoked crack with obama on a regular basis. Google it. The feds are trying to shut Sinclair down. Black Osama also has a REPERATIONS package ready to go! That means that he is planning on giving the worthless blacks in America a shitload of money just for being black. Yet another free ride from the government! Black Osama has said that the reason blacks don't do well in school is because they don't have the same opportunities as whites. He attributed black crime to blacks not being able to get jobs because of whitey. Can no one else see it?!? He never left an anti-white anti-American church for 20 years!!! The same church that Oprah Winnfrey left because she said that Wright was a racist & anti-American. Damn people. Wake the F up! And for you people that ain't even in America, shut the hell up 'cause You don't even know what the hell you are talking about.

I love the shit you come out with, it's complete propaganda.

You say that either black or ignorant people vote for Obama, well that's a pretty ignorant statement to make, not to mention contradicting yourself.

First of all, if you'd been following the election in any depth, then you'd understand that most the people who vote for Obama are the intellectual youth. Along with middle age free-thinkers and realists of all ethnic backgrounds.

Secondly, Obama's pastor Reverend Wright is an anti-American preacher, however, that doesn't mean that Obama is anti-American. After all, he campaigns for change, which is what America needs. A lot of the American people need to open their eyes (not all of them by all means, but people like you) to some of the activities which are going on so un-constitutionally. For example, the fact that Cheney has been running the White House for the last 8 years with Bush as a puppet? (Read; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halliburton#T...th_Dick_Cheney)

Also the fact that China owes you $1 Trillion. Your economy is already in a complete mess, and if China decide not to repay that $1 Trillion, then the US will be in all sorts of shit. China is the fastest growing economy in the world, if that falls, all of us fall. So, in that case war isn't an option.

I personally avoid stereotyping, but I'll make an exception for you. The racist, ignorant West Virginian 'hick'.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Mar 20 2008, 06:20 PM
Post #35

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

Your wrong on China mate...

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Samurai_tbag
post Mar 20 2008, 06:44 PM
Post #36

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Mar 20 2008, 06:20 PM) [snapback]1400555[/snapback]
Your wrong on China mate...

You're right, but i'm not far off in princaple: http://www.marktaw.com/culture_and_media/T...adeDeficit.html

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mattay
post Mar 21 2008, 01:55 AM
Post #37

Do Boy
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19,171
PSN Name: PM me

QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Mar 18 2008, 11:45 PM) [snapback]1400138[/snapback]
you know... every time i start to lean towards obama over clinton.. he does something that pisses me off..

Ok so last week we all know that his past came up.. where he is in that church with the Racist pastor..

I mean.. ok.. i fine for that... a bunch of black people complaining about the white man.. whats new. But then he is so audacious as to claim that in his 20 years of being a member of the church.. that he never heard the pastor say anything like that.

Bullshit..

Ok.. so i know he had to say that... i got over it. But then on top of that he has to release this 20 page edict, that while beautifully written, simply glosses over the fact that the preachers stated goal isn't "equality"... and that for twenty years he went to the church.. was preached the same ideals and principles.. but refuses to admit to it.

He acts like a typical ******

That made the most sense of anything I've seen all week.

I remember that exact situation...I agree with you.

If elected, do you think he'd be less forgiving to white America? :-/

--------------------

click my sig for a good time.
Thanks to D-O for the sig
Achievements

+Quote Post
SirPsychoSexy
post Apr 22 2008, 03:00 PM
Post #38

Nobody Special

Member No.: 39,224

Neither of these people, they're all way too conservative!

--------------------
Even the doorbell knows how smart I am, cool house man!
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hitman540
post Jun 24 2008, 08:32 AM
Post #39

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 11,457

QUOTE(thespacecowboy @ Apr 22 2008, 10:00 AM) [snapback]1418247[/snapback]
Neither of these people, they're all way too conservative!

ohohohohoho Mike Huckabee is the only real conservitive up there McCain's a Faker and Hillary and Obama's Liberal..
where did that come from?
still McCain is better than Obama...

--------------------

Thanks to Destruction Overdrive for sig.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Jasonhh
post Jul 1 2008, 06:07 PM
Post #40

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,428

Mike Huckabee has a wierd name
Achievements

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 08:34 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4