Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 14 year old girl stabbed
Rae-Moh
post Jan 5 2008, 04:59 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,595

A grade nine girl at my school was stabbed on New Years Day. I wasn't really a friend of hers, but I went to her memorial today with people who were close to her, and got the story and the (unreleased) names of the accused from people who were close friends with her, and I even know people who are testifying in court. It's really quite disturbing.

A 14-year-old-girl killed on New Year's Day has been identified by Toronto police as Stefanie Rengel, the daughter and stepdaughter of two veteran Toronto police officers.

Under the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act, her identity had to be shielded from the public.

However, Rengel's parents consented Thursday to release their daughter's name and photo.

In an online memorial on Facebook, Rengel's stepmother Maureen expressed her grief.

"Your Dad and I are missing you terribly. Our world will never be the same. We love you so very much and don't know how we will ever go on … Know that both your parents, and brother were by your side at the hospital."
Continue Article

She also urged anyone with information to talk to police, and called for changes to the Youth Criminal Justice Act.

"We want these monsters to be tried as adults for first-degree murder. Take this to your local politician and fight," she wrote.
All three teens knew each other: police

Rengel was identified just hours after two teens facing first-degree murder charges in connection with Rengel's slaying appeared in a Toronto court on Thursday for a bail hearing.

The teens — a 17-year-old male and a 15-year-old female — were arrested on Wednesday not far from where Rengel was found stabbed.

the rest of the story...

This post has been edited by Rae-Moh: Jan 5 2008, 05:02 AM

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iced Coke
post Jan 5 2008, 09:38 AM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 31,916

Honestly, thats not disturbing. Any UK residents will say the same, we have countless stories of 12 year old kids getting shot dead, kicked to death and having the events filmed on their phones. A stabbing isn't really anything to get upset about. I mean sure, she still died but was just a stabbing. =/

This post has been edited by Iced Coke: Jan 5 2008, 09:39 AM

--------------------
Insert witty comment here.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Jan 5 2008, 10:34 AM
Post #3

Snitch

Member No.: 8,969
PSN Name: Kamahl_rg

QUOTE(Iced Coke @ Jan 5 2008, 04:38 AM) [snapback]1384445[/snapback]
Honestly, thats not disturbing. Any UK residents will say the same, we have countless stories of 12 year old kids getting shot dead, kicked to death and having the events filmed on their phones. A stabbing isn't really anything to get upset about. I mean sure, she still died but was just a stabbing. =/

just because your country is fucked up doesn't mean it's not disturbing...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
gingergenius
post Jan 5 2008, 11:24 AM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 27,536

people get stabbed in my city all the time. but still, hard luck on the 14 yeare old.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Rae-Moh
post Jan 5 2008, 06:02 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

she got stabbed in the stomach and bled out in a snow bank. the guy who stabbed her was her ex boyfriend, who was influenced by a girl he wanted to date (she was extremely jealous) to stab her. So there was no reason for any of it to happen, it was just a really jealous 15 year old and a dumb oaf 17 year old who thought he was so in love with this girl and wanted to do anything to get her.

Our youth justice system is making it extremely difficult for the two to be tried as adults, even though it's obvious both should be.

of course it's not disturbing. you people are so fucking desensitized.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mad Space Ghost
post Jan 5 2008, 06:29 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 37,989

I'll agree with you Rae-Moh,

It is disturbing in the fact that it could of been prevented and it certainly didn't have to happen.
But it just goes to show the gullibitly of men and how though process is clearly clouded by promises of getting some hot loli pussy.

What makes it most disturbing is that it's mostly a case of jealously when they girl who most likely persuaded the 17 year old male to kill the girl was just jealous of the girl for some reason. JEALOUSLY, a reason for this young girl to be stabbed to death. On top of that it happened in Canada, and all canadian puns aside, canada doesnt really have that high of a crime rate concerning murder and violence which shocks me.

On top of all else what makes it most disturbing to Rae-Moh is that this act of senseless murder happened very close to her and happened in her own hood and school, which is just fucked up. Although i had a kid stabbed in my school he didn't die and it turned out to be a conspiracy. Anywho, best of luck Rae-Moh and hopefully the authoritys get this resolved.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
coreyko_2003
post Jan 5 2008, 07:17 PM
Post #7

iHate

Member No.: 368

Its unfortunate but it doesn't surprise me one bit. Worse shit happens in Iraq everyday.

--------------------
You, Corey, live in the Matrix.
Its funny.........but its sad, cuz its true...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mad Space Ghost
post Jan 5 2008, 07:20 PM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Yea but the shocking thing about this situation, is that it happened in a country with relaitivly low thing of violence and killings.

This was a obvious senseless killing with no really hardcore reason other then one girl being a stuck up prissy cunt whos jealous.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Rae-Moh
post Jan 5 2008, 07:32 PM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

I get why people would think it's not disturbing compared to a war and whatnot, but I went to the girls memorial yesterday, and seeing hundreds of people on the street, putting candles in the snowbank she died on was a really thought-provoking environment. I've seen and heard of other stuff like this happening in this city, and never really thought about it as much, but when you know who it is, when you have friends next to you crying their eyes out, and when you know there really is nothing to the story other than a psychotic jealous bitch and an extremely dumb oaf, I guess you'd start to see it differently, too.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
gingergenius
post Jan 5 2008, 08:16 PM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 27,536

QUOTE(Rae-Moh @ Jan 5 2008, 07:32 PM) [snapback]1384548[/snapback]
I get why people would think it's not disturbing compared to a war and whatnot, but I went to the girls memorial yesterday, and seeing hundreds of people on the street, putting candles in the snowbank she died on was a really thought-provoking environment. I've seen and heard of other stuff like this happening in this city, and never really thought about it as much, but when you know who it is, when you have friends next to you crying their eyes out, and when you know there really is nothing to the story other than a psychotic jealous bitch and an extremely dumb oaf, I guess you'd start to see it differently, too.

I get what you're saying but people in London get stabbed for stuff as minor as being in the wrong postcode or just not cooperating with muggers. We had 30 teenagers at least stabbed to death or shot last year and that doesn't mention any adults. We've already had 4 or 5 in the last few days since New Year. And also some old fathers are getting stabbed just for telling youths to pick up litter.

Only last night I got banged horribly by some guy and later on that night he bottled someone. Lucky that wasn't me.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Iced Coke
post Jan 5 2008, 08:21 PM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 31,916

Yeah, new years eve/day several 14-15 year olds attacked and killed some man didn't they? I understand where Rae-moh is saying its "disturbing" since she sorta knew her, but by the media/crime standards its hardly disturbing.

--------------------
Insert witty comment here.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Obama
post Jan 5 2008, 09:25 PM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 9,459

my friend got stabbed in the chest last year for banging one of his other "friends" girlfriends. he didn't die but it punctured his lung. he says that he pulled the knife out of his own chest and chased the kid that stabbed him down the street with it (probably bullshit). but a few days ago a kid stabbed his moms boyfriend to death a few blocks away from my house. and one of my friends was walking in the street the other day and he was stopped by a cop and searched for weapons. lot of stabbings in my town.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Rae-Moh
post Jan 5 2008, 11:59 PM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Iced Coke @ Jan 5 2008, 03:21 PM) [snapback]1384562[/snapback]
Yeah, new years eve/day several 14-15 year olds attacked and killed some man didn't they? I understand where Rae-moh is saying its "disturbing" since she sorta knew her, but by the media/crime standards its hardly disturbing.

Well i dunno what kind of fucked up cities you guys live in, but here, by our media/crime standards, it's extremely disturbing and there's been a lot of attention given to it in the past few days, and i'm sure it will continue, as her funeral was today.

i guess what sort of sets this apart from a lot of the things you've all been mentioning ("We had 30 teenagers at least stabbed to death or shot last year and that doesn't mention any adults.") is the area. We have a lot of unreported deaths like that, shootings and stabbings that don't really get as much attention, but often it has to do with the area of the city or the people involved. where it was is considered a good neighbourhood, the girl wasn't involved in anything that would have led to this just being any ordinary teen stabbing. it was just out of the blue because of a jealous bitch.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mad Space Ghost
post Jan 6 2008, 04:16 AM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Thats because you live in Canada, dear.

Your crime rate is very low compared to that of the USA and London alone.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny 
post Jan 8 2008, 08:23 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 38,184

Well, I live in Sydney and we have a high brake in rate but not a very high murder rate compared to London, but I still here about alot of people not to far from me getting stabed and the only thing that shocks me about this is that she's inocent. A lot of women get stabed round here but they are usualy hookers or chavvets of some kind.

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
*** OG LoC ***
post Jan 8 2008, 08:47 AM
Post #16

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 8,999

Damn that sucksss. But if you think thats disturbing, last year on my avenue a 10 year old girl got a knife to her throat and she was just innocently walking down the block, but she wasnt killed.

--------------------

*** OG LoC ***
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Jan 11 2008, 08:24 PM
Post #17

Scam Artist
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Rae-Moh @ Jan 5 2008, 06:02 PM) [snapback]1384498[/snapback]
she got stabbed in the stomach and bled out in a snow bank. the guy who stabbed her was her ex boyfriend, who was influenced by a girl he wanted to date (she was extremely jealous) to stab her. So there was no reason for any of it to happen, it was just a really jealous 15 year old and a dumb oaf 17 year old who thought he was so in love with this girl and wanted to do anything to get her.

Our youth justice system is making it extremely difficult for the two to be tried as adults, even though it's obvious both should be.

Won't argue with you there. Two of my close friends have died in the last 4 years, one was stabbed. I see some pretty horrific things whenever my education requires a spell in A&E. Rhys Jones was shot, Madeline McCann abducted (or something), and people implausably continue to elect George W Bush. It's hard to spare a thought for a poor, probably innocent girl losing her life.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
drive carfuly,because every secend a shrak can teleport itself to your car, and try to drive your car (if you have one) with shark in it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Jan 11 2008, 08:37 PM
Post #18

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

[youtube]8yBD19v74Aw[/youtube]

Would that be her?

Thats really sad I must admit.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Rae-Moh
post Jan 12 2008, 06:53 AM
Post #19

Upstanding Citizen

yeah, that video is one of the billions that have been made.

QUOTE(mello_yello @ Jan 11 2008, 03:24 PM) [snapback]1385796[/snapback]
QUOTE(Rae-Moh @ Jan 5 2008, 06:02 PM) [snapback]1384498[/snapback]

Won't argue with you there. Two of my close friends have died in the last 4 years, one was stabbed. I see some pretty horrific things whenever my education requires a spell in A&E. Rhys Jones was shot, Madeline McCann abducted (or something), and people implausably continue to elect George W Bush. It's hard to spare a thought for a poor, probably innocent girl losing her life.

knowing you,
i'm not really sure what to make of this.
(that doesn't make a lot of sense really. but it does.)

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Jan 13 2008, 06:47 PM
Post #20

Scam Artist
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

I don't really see what you're getting at...

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
drive carfuly,because every secend a shrak can teleport itself to your car, and try to drive your car (if you have one) with shark in it.
Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 04:22 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4