> Whose Fault Is It!?
Qdeathstar
post Aug 4 2007, 06:04 AM
Post #1

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 14

Moments after Take Two's announcement that the next installment of its hit Grand Theft Auto series would be delayed until the first quarter of 2008, the internet became a sea of accusations and counter-accusations over who was to blame for the delay.

Some have said that that Take Two's deal with Microsoft to launch the game on both systems simultaneously coupled with the Xbox360's small(er) disk size created unexpected increases in the time it will take to polish Grand Theft Auto 4. You can read more on that rumor here.

On the other hand, many familiar with previous rumblings from developers about the difficulties faced when coding for the PS3 have placed the blame for GTAIV's delay soley on the PS3. Many people who believe the PS3 is at fault for GTA4's delay also point to the fact that no one has seen a PS3 demo of the game in action. In this version of the blame game, the PS3 development tools were difficult to use, and thus required much more effort than Rockstar's development team had anticipated. You can read more on that rumor here.

Finally, a lot of people have gone the tried and true method. That is, exclaiming that Rockstar and Take Two "suck" for delaying the game. And while we're not quite sure what evidence these people are using to back up there claim, we'd be willing to place a safe bet that they will still buy the game whether its released in October or April.

While there are many rumors and many fingers to point the fact of the matter is that Rockstar Games and Take Two chose to leave the reason for the delay at "technical issues" and have chosen for the time being not to elaborate. In the mean time, GTA4.tv will keep track of all the latest developments, and will be looking forward to playing a game that has been polished to a degree fitting for the Grand Theft Auto Series!

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OptimumPx
post Aug 4 2007, 06:17 AM
Post #2

Basket Case
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,168

It doesn't really matter what the reason is.

All it comes down to is that we have to wait longer.

Whatever the reason they would have to had known for some time that they couldn't keep to an October timetable. They should have done this long ago. sleep.gif

--------------------
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Koala-Fire
post Aug 4 2007, 06:33 AM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 35,814

Maybe it had something to do with that dude leaving the microsoft company, though that probably isn't the reason, just theories.

I probably won't be able to get the game anytime in the beggining of '08 though not until maybe may or june... which is pretty fucked up I had money for PS3 and GTA4 ready for october, now I have to spend it on bills because I can't keep that much money for that long and my bank fucks me over too much.

--------------------

dimensions: 320x202
regulation: 550x250
Achievements

+Quote Post
Amis
post Aug 4 2007, 08:57 AM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,708

As anoying as it sounds, we can do nothing about this matter but wait. Besides it can be sooner than 6 months, you never know wink.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
psychÝ
post Aug 4 2007, 10:54 AM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,279

To be honest it is R*'s fault for having an unrealistic release date, I was thinking that the game had all come around quite fast however I presumed it was just because the lack of information on it meant that time seemed to go faster.

Either that or something occurred in the world that meant gta wasn't deemed suitable, for instance the banning of Manhunt 2 therefore they had to redo a lot of it.

--------------------

Dragonfly
Achievements

+Quote Post
calimann83
post Aug 4 2007, 06:02 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 2,689

QUOTE(youngturk @ Aug 3 2007, 11:33 PM) [snapback]1353048[/snapback]
I probably won't be able to get the game anytime in the beggining of '08 though not until maybe may or june... which is pretty fucked up I had money for PS3 and GTA4 ready for october, now I have to spend it on bills because I can't keep that much money for that long and my bank fucks me over too much.

Canít you stick it into a savings account? At least it will gain a little interest wile your waiting, not much but.

I donít think it matters whose fault it is. You are right psycho, R* probably set an unrealistic date, but I donít think that matters now ether. We donít know what is really going on, maybe an intern decided to play around and accidentally deleted 3 months of work, of course if that had happened R* would have displayed his/her dead body as evidence that it wasnít there fault.
My point is we will get the game when we get it. I am just hoping that this gives them time to make the game even better.

What I was thinking was that if it was the X-boxes fault (and Iím not saying it is) what if they couldnít find a way to fit it on to the X-box. Iím just wondering what Microsoft would do if that happened.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Pyrocy
post Aug 4 2007, 06:21 PM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(psychÝ @ Aug 4 2007, 10:54 AM) [snapback]1353105[/snapback]
To be honest it is R*'s fault for having an unrealistic release date, I was thinking that the game had all come around quite fast however I presumed it was just because the lack of information on it meant that time seemed to go faster.

Either that or something occurred in the world that meant gta wasn't deemed suitable, for instance the banning of Manhunt 2 therefore they had to redo a lot of it.

Yeah, it was quite strange to me that they had set an exact date that early.

To be quite honest, it's both. Both consoles have vastly different infrastructures whereas programming on the Xbox/PS2 was more of porting the system over and adding tweaks later on in the development cycle. The Cell is complex to program and thus a lot of it is extremely foreign to developers. On the other hand, Microsoft's decision of putting out a SKU without balls hinders what Rockstar is going for. It was never about the DVD9 because no one has made a game (yet) that has reached the capacity of the 9GB storage. Plus, we have to take into account that MS is developing an improved version of their compression software so fitting it onto a DVD should NOT be a problem contrary to what the bastard headed bloggers tell you otherwise.

There is no gain in pointing fingers, ChadWarrenGTA and Xbot69. The fault lies in the growing pains of the industry and perhaps the notorious mismanagement of Take-Two. So, fanboys and mighty console warriors, do us a favor; get the fuck out and go back to the shithole you came from. smile.gif

--------------------

Add Me on MySpace if you're so inclined...
QUOTE (Heartless on GTA4.TV)
Unlike the mainstream forums, we're gritty, crazy sociopaths. And still approved by Rockstar. Most GTA Sites cater to a younger, softer audience (Zidane?), as opposed to this forum, which caters to bi-polar grandmothers with too many cats (Pyro?).
Achievements

+Quote Post
Amnesiac
post Aug 4 2007, 06:47 PM
Post #8

Nobody Special
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,201

I, personally, blame Pecnut for Rockstar's dilly-dally over the release.

But seriously, I can't really blame rockstar for wanting to make the game rock-solid. If it means a more enjoyable, deep, immersive, bug-free game, then by all means, delay it until 2009. It had just better be good when it's finally released.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
オタク
post Aug 4 2007, 06:51 PM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 35,111

This topic was really funny.

"Finally, a lot of people have gone the tried and true method. That is, exclaiming that Rockstar and Take Two "suck" for delaying the game. And while we're not quite sure what evidence these people are using to back up there claim, we'd be willing to place a safe bet that they will still buy the game whether its released in October or April."

LOL.

--------------------

Ayo, I'm tired of you fake ass niggas trippin when I get on yall for running your mouths so don't say shit if you aint ready to step you fake ass bitches.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Aug 4 2007, 07:08 PM
Post #10

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Ahh Pecnut. What a great patsy for blame. rolleyes.gif

Well I dont think we will ever hear the real reason. At least from R* themselves. Im sure it will arise sooner or later but if there is someone to blame, i think they will keep it under raps to save face.

This post has been edited by D-imebag O'Darrell: Aug 4 2007, 07:09 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Batroo
post Aug 4 2007, 11:34 PM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 36,263

QUOTE(PyroHazard @ Aug 4 2007, 01:21 PM) [snapback]1353225[/snapback]
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Aug 4 2007, 10:54 AM) [snapback]1353105[/snapback]

Yeah, it was quite strange to me that they had set an exact date that early.

To be quite honest, it's both. Both consoles have vastly different infrastructures whereas programming on the Xbox/PS2 was more of porting the system over and adding tweaks later on in the development cycle. The Cell is complex to program and thus a lot of it is extremely foreign to developers. On the other hand, Microsoft's decision of putting out a SKU without balls hinders what Rockstar is going for. It was never about the DVD9 because no one has made a game (yet) that has reached the capacity of the 9GB storage. Plus, we have to take into account that MS is developing an improved version of their compression software so fitting it onto a DVD should NOT be a problem contrary to what the bastard headed bloggers tell you otherwise.

There is no gain in pointing fingers, ChadWarrenGTA and Xbot69. The fault lies in the growing pains of the industry and perhaps the notorious mismanagement of Take-Two. So, fanboys and mighty console warriors, do us a favor; get the fuck out and go back to the shithole you came from. smile.gif

I must say, here here to this right here.
Achievements

+Quote Post
1UP
post Aug 5 2007, 01:34 AM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 738

Down with pecnut!

I still think they probably messed up because of the completely two different systems making it not easy to make for either of the consuls. after all most the games that are on both systems usually suck more then the other in some way, no ones able to do a simple port anymore.

--------------------
eVeRytHinG Is As iT ShoULd bE

FaLlS aPArT
Achievements

+Quote Post
BlackVenoM
post Aug 5 2007, 06:55 PM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 37,307

I blame the consoles. mad.gif

--------------------
"That's what happens when the Houser brothers sell their arse for the Microsoft dollar. Stupid limey gimp-bags."

-Hold the line or be overwhelmed-
Achievements

+Quote Post
Roman
post Aug 5 2007, 10:21 PM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 7,026

This is the stupidest news post ever. Why would you make a post about console wars? The truth is that it is not Sony or Microsoft's fault. It is Rockstar who promised one of the companies that they wouldn't favour a console.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Aug 5 2007, 11:41 PM
Post #15

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

Its not about console wars.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Mindfury
post Aug 6 2007, 06:19 AM
Post #16

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,136

So wait...

We closed R&R to get rid of the trolls, but we try to bring in the trolls by posting this...?

This is the kind of thing I'd expect to see on Gamespot, and thats saying something...

This post has been edited by Pizza Guy: Aug 6 2007, 06:20 AM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Guest_deathallapple00_*
post Sep 4 2007, 01:28 AM
Post #17

Guests

Then just wait...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Strike
post Sep 4 2007, 10:59 AM
Post #18

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 24,248

I personally fail to see how waiting for such an awesome game can be such a bad thing.

I mean, we're obviously all fans of the Grand Theft Auto series, otherwise we wouldn't be here. So we should be thankful to some extent that Take Two and Rockstar opted to delay thw game. Why? It gives them time to improve further upon what is already looking like an epic milestone in the Grand Theft Auto franchise. Good things come to those who wait, and all that jazz.
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 07:36 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4