IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Magazine Info: GamesTM, w/ new screens/info!
Pyrocy
post Jul 9 2007, 05:04 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 2

The magazine, GamesTM, has snagged some new info (as well as a plethora of new screenshots) about GTAIV. The magazine apparently played a demo of two brand new missions that weren't accessible to the media before. Thanks to Iron Fusion for this!
  • Liberty City's equivalent of Times Square: Star Junction
  • Bellic, in need of firepower, calls up his associate Little Jacob, a Caribbean arms dealer.
  • After calling to get firepower, Niko hails a cab to meat Little Jacob in an alleyway in Rotterdam Hill.
  • Taxi rides can be trip-skipped.
  • Niko pops in to an internet cafe, Tw@, to upload his CV to their website and surf the internet. (Probaly to upload lolicon on 4chan. Sick bastard.)
  • GTAIV's web is accessible from any computer in the game.
  • GTAIV's web is being kept under wraps, but told that its huge and very, very important.
  • Unlike in previous GTA's missions can be interrupted.
  • Castle grounds is a coast-side hangout overlooking The Statue of Happiness.
  • Niko finds the guy with the missing memory stick with a group of people, he calls him to make sure its the right guy, when it is he puts 3 slugs in the back of his head and gets a 3 star wanted rating
  • Any crime you commit will earn you a wanted rating. Instead of the cops just coming to where you are, the rating you are "awarded" translates to a visible search area. If you escape the search area your wanted level will flash and disappear. If you're spotted again though, the center of the circle changes to your position, therefor you have to start again.
  • Police only operate in their own line of sight, if they can't see you, they can't stop you.
  • Every street is named, police use this to track criminals down.
  • For example, if you're in Star Junction (Times Square) in a Comet, you'll hear it on the police radio.
  • Niko makes his way to Perseus after escaping the cops, Perseus is a menswear store. It's another clothing stores similar to the Binco stores in San Andreas.
  • Multiplayer is still kept under wraps.
Related topic

--------------------

Add Me on MySpace if you're so inclined...
QUOTE (Heartless on GTA4.TV)
Unlike the mainstream forums, we're gritty, crazy sociopaths. And still approved by Rockstar. Most GTA Sites cater to a younger, softer audience (Zidane?), as opposed to this forum, which caters to bi-polar grandmothers with too many cats (Pyro?).
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fmmrhx
post Jul 9 2007, 05:26 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,027

Good info. It's nice to see that the wanted system has been tweeked a bit. But $2,000 on a suit? I would have just tucked my t-shirt in, combed my hair, and spent the $2,000 on something else.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Jul 9 2007, 05:57 PM
Post #3

Goon
Group Icon

Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

Use part of my list. More in depth. Stuff that needs explaining that other people missed.

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jul 9 2007, 06:41 PM
Post #4

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

Nice to see the return of the "Twat" internet cafe. Although I was suprised about the net in GTA IV, sounds interesting, perhaps Niko can join a clan and become an uberhaxx0r, then start a flame war with one of his enemies, then again perhaps not.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Stan Petrov
post Jul 9 2007, 07:51 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 697

Reading through this article, im going to try and break down what I think about it:

The first thing that stands out to me is the way he has to acquire weapons now. Possibly no ammunation, but an arms dealer. This could mean the end of such weapons as Rocket launchers, as a carribean arms dealer will hardly carry those about in his trunk. So it is probable, in my opinion that only small arms can be bought for the duration of the storyline, and with money being far less easy to come by, when we do purchase say, an AK47, it will be much more precious and important to not keep hold of, and not get killed.

And now, The Internet. What could we possibly do on this? I feel it may be similar to the phone, it is used for us to contact people, but also to acquire property(safehouses) and other such things, which may be possible. Also, it may give us details of when nightclubs, skyscrapers, businesses open for business, who owns them etc. so we can wield our own pathway to the top, or wherever we are going.

Now, there isnt a mark on a guy Niko has to kill, so he phones him to identify him. Will this mean we will have to locate every thing to the exact place ouselves now?Its already been mentioned the police will have to do this to locate Niko, so its very possible that we will only be given a street name, or a rough location of where a person may be from now on. Brilliance.

Escapng from police sounds like a much more difficult task. We may have to navigate many alleys, fire escapes and building roofs to get to the outer circle that is mentioned. Great fun.

Another thing. When Bellic turns up for the interview, he converses with a receptionist over the intercom. This leads me to believe that Access to many office/residential buildings may be limited to what our actual purpose for being there is, and hence the owners may not let us in. But they are there, going about their daily business. Or perhaps not, in residential terms, so we can just bust in anyway. This of course will be different for liberty's many commercial buildings, as they are open to the public.

And to finish off, some of the visuals described and seen by us look absoloutely stunning, especially the sun rising over the LC skyline.

Great stuff R*

This post has been edited by Stan Petrov: Jul 9 2007, 07:51 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Blaze-uK
post Jul 9 2007, 08:00 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 31,802

Sounds amazing. Really cannot wait now.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Cyanide
post Jul 9 2007, 08:34 PM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 36,758

I was beginning to become a bit somewhat skeptical about GTAIV, but I can safely say that after reading this I can safely say that all faith has been restored.

Some of the features for this are beginning to sound really promising, like the Internet being able to be accessed on GTAIV. But what function could this possibly be used for? Maybe it allows access to multiplayer servers or something, who knows? We can all assume that it will be used for e-mail however. And some decent police AI at last, just what the game needed. I'm looking forward to some amazing cop chases through the back alleys of the GTAIV equivalent of The Bronx, and the rooftops of the business district.

--------------------

[center]

[/center]
Achievements

+Quote Post
Amis
post Jul 9 2007, 09:10 PM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 25,708

Omg, the GTA goes internetz, or vice versa. And good to hear that game has "if it was not seen, it was not happened" AI in cops.

I will so go to spam the GTA net. I bet there has to be parody sites of real life sites, like google, myspace and I bet that computers have "bluescreen" like feature. This is so great. I can't wait for it. clap.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Blaze-uK
post Jul 9 2007, 10:06 PM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 31,802

I wonder if any of the fan sites apprecieted by R* will be added to the GTA IV web some how?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
coreyko_2003
post Jul 9 2007, 11:43 PM
Post #10

iHate

Member No.: 368

QUOTE(Twitch @ Jul 9 2007, 05:06 PM) [snapback]1344333[/snapback]
I wonder if any of the fan sites apprecieted by R* will be added to the GTA IV web some how?

XD

That actually would be funny........wind up finding this site on the GTAIV's version of the internet.

--------------------
You, Corey, live in the Matrix.
Its funny.........but its sad, cuz its true...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Pyrocy
post Jul 10 2007, 05:02 AM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(KoreyKo @ Jul 9 2007, 11:43 PM) [snapback]1344369[/snapback]
XD

That actually would be funny........wind up finding this site on the GTAIV's version of the internet.

*Niko logs on to laptop at cafe*
*Registers on a gun forum*

nbellic: hey guyz.... do u kno any good contcts ware i can find sum gooooood wepons? thx.

---
"there is no fork" - teh matricks

MrVercetti: hahahaha. gtfo nooblet.

---
*anime sig*

Claude88: ...

---
<3 Maria

OrangeGroveGangsta: ey yo lay off tha nigga man. my homie lil jacob may have sum phat-azz artillery for ya. contact him.

---
What I am listening to: 2pac - California Love

--------------------

Add Me on MySpace if you're so inclined...
QUOTE (Heartless on GTA4.TV)
Unlike the mainstream forums, we're gritty, crazy sociopaths. And still approved by Rockstar. Most GTA Sites cater to a younger, softer audience (Zidane?), as opposed to this forum, which caters to bi-polar grandmothers with too many cats (Pyro?).
Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Jul 10 2007, 05:18 AM
Post #12

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,164

QUOTE(PyroHazard @ Jul 10 2007, 01:02 AM) [snapback]1344423[/snapback]
XD

nbellic: hey guyz.... do u kno any good contcts ware i can find sum gooooood wepons? thx.

---

---
*anime sig*

---
<3 Maria

OrangeGroveGangsta: ey yo lay off tha nigga man. my homie lil jacob may have sum phat-azz artillery for ya. contact him.

---

So, in other words... Neko Bellic, Bain, Psycho (Not that he's mute, we just don't listen to him) and then... Dirty Red.

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Murdoc1
post Jul 10 2007, 10:56 PM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 30,755

QUOTE(PyroHazard @ Jul 10 2007, 01:02 AM) [snapback]1344423[/snapback]
XD

---

---
*anime sig*

---
<3 Maria

---

That sirs, is comedy.

But the wanted system seems to be ripped (or borrowed) from Scarface or maybe its Driver that I'm thinking about, very similar to Scarface though I just hope they don't have that gay thing that gives you like a time limit to get out of the circle before it says that you're fucked and you can't survive, though i've survived pretty damn long. Anyway borrowed, ripped, stole, or just a coincidence its pretty fucking awesome.

--------------------
QUOTE(Ashley Graham @ Jul 9 2008, 03:09 PM) [snapback]1453747[/snapback]
Which is what separates those of us with intelligence from animals - our ability to realize that sleeping with family members is wrong.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Cyanide
post Jul 11 2007, 10:44 AM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 36,758

I purchased the latest copy of GamesTM this morning, and it had the exact same article in so for anyone in the UK, go and buy it now. I thought it was the American edition but it ain't - and believe me when I say that the screens look so much better when you can see them up close. And the article itself is pretty damn amazing - it appears that Niko can change his clothes but whether it's only temporary depending on the mission or not, who knows. But, my faith in Rockstar and Grand Theft Auto has been restored. Sam Houser, sir, you are my God...

--------------------

[center]

[/center]
Achievements

+Quote Post
DeKo
post Jul 11 2007, 11:44 PM
Post #15

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 25

Apparently Multiplayer isnt kept under wraps.

http://72.14.209.104/search?hs=sUq&hl=...amp;btnG=Search

Cant be arsed gisting it, here.

The first details on the multiplayer mode in GTA IV, which Rockstar promised to "reveal soon" last month, have emerged.

According to a preview in the latest issue of Games TM, one multiplayer mode will allow players to face off against each other, but they have to find each other first, before filling each other with lead.

Apparently, players who commit enough crimes to raise their wanted level to seven stars will appear on the radar, opening the door for the other player to track them down and deal out some death.

Talking about the single-player quest, Games TM reveals that the game will feature an in-game internet that will play an important role in the game. As one example, it describes Niko uploading his CV in application for a job, so as to get an interview with the boss - who he has to kill.

Niko will also use his mobile phone to order and purchase weapons - so no more trips to ammunition shops then, hopefully.

Similar to Driver: Parralel Lines, players will also have new, more realistic ways of avoiding cops.

A more realistic recognition system means that if you drive into a secluded area during a chase, where no-one can see you getting out of your car and into another, you can emerge in the new vehicle and drive right past a squad car without being noticed.

Hopefully the game will consider the cops' ability to see through the windscreen if you go past them head-on.

All good stuff, and there'll be loads more revealed soon, no doubt, so stay tuned.

Mike Jackson computerandvideogames.com

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Jul 12 2007, 02:30 AM
Post #16

Goon
Group Icon

That article is fake, baloney, forged with half-truths.

Edit-- ^The part about multiplayer... they say at the end of the real article that they have no knowledge on it.

This post has been edited by ɹʇxund: Jul 12 2007, 02:31 AM

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
FireGod
post Jul 12 2007, 06:16 AM
Post #17

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 32,421

QUOTE(ɹʇxund @ Jul 12 2007, 02:30 AM) [snapback]1345169[/snapback]
That article is fake, baloney, forged with half-truths.

Edit-- ^The part about multiplayer... they say at the end of the real article that they have no knowledge on it.

Hmm...well confirmed or not one thing keeps naggin at me , imo. That some have sad Niko's GF will soften his badass way. Well maybe his GF will be a real badass her self and as a team they dazzle the R* world within this new game..you think? I'm really curious about this sdf , I wish R* would give us a hint on her...what do you think will happen before release? More on Niko's squezze tongue.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Jul 12 2007, 12:39 PM
Post #18

Goon
Group Icon

tongue.gif

Actually, we don't know jack shit about Elizabeta. Some say she'll be playable halfway through but I don't see their source saying so. We just have to wait.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 09:33 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4