IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fantastic Four: Rise of Silver Surfer, Not the fantastic piece o' crap I thought it was gonna be...
Mr_Blond
post Jun 20 2007, 01:19 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 613

I really wanted to go to the theater this past Saturday. My original intent was to see Pirates 3, but I was about twenty minutes shy. So I opted for this sequel, having forgotten it even came out this weekend. The ONLY reason I payed to see this was for the surfer (And Jessica Alba is nice to look at! *swoon*). By the end, I was actually surprised. This was a decent comic book movie! Hollywood doesn't strike out EVERY time... (*cough* Spider Man, Daredevil, Hulk, Superman... *cough*) It really sort of felt like a FF book came alive. I felt the same spark while watching 300, Sin City, Punisher and Hell Boy. It's rare! And The Man's cameo was priceless... Has any one else seen it yet?

--------------------
"Was that as good for you as it was for me?"
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Heartless
post Jun 20 2007, 06:59 AM
Post #2

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 2,164

I agree. FF2 was a surprise hit that, unfortunately, cut off it's own legs with the first one. Now, that isn't to say this is classed as, "an original Superman, Batman or Flash [TV]", but it is worthy of being a Batman Begins. They used a lot of comic references that, while disjointed, were used to a good yield. You can't escape the bad acting, but you can't beat Lawrence Fishbourn as the voice of Silver Surfer.

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 04:15 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4