IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lupe Fiasco’s Partner, Chilly Mack, Sentenced to 44 Years on Drug Charges!
Juice
post Jun 4 2007, 11:49 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,518

Well, here's a shocker.

"Charles Patton, a longtime associate of Lupe Fiasco and partner in his label 1st and 15th Records, was sentenced to 44 years in prison on drug conspiracy charges. According to the Chicago Sun-Times, Judge Dennis Porter handed down the unusually stiff sentence last month in a Cook County courtroom. Patton and his wife Inita were charged in 2003 with running a drug enterprise after investigators found six kilograms of cocaine in a storage locker they owned. Although Lupe testified earlier this year about suspicious phone conversations he had with Patton, prosecutors did not attempt to draw a link between the rapper and the illegal activity. During one of the conversations, the Grammy nominee and Patton are heard discussing splitting up “whole yellow'’ and “whole red'’ ones. Fiasco testified that they were referring to the mixing of music tracks and denied any involvement in drugs. Several music industry executives are said to have written the court on Patton’s behalf, including Craig Kallman, chairman and CEO of Atlantic Records. “Mr. Patton has played a crucial role in the development of Lupe’s career,'’ Kallman wrote.”Through his invaluable knowledge, advice, and guidance, Lupe has developed into one of the most refreshing artists in hip-hop music.'’
http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=10554

44 Years for a drug charge? Nothing out of the norm for our legal system, but goddamn. More surprising though, is that the most meterosexual, some would even say "homo" rapper of our times, Lupe Fiasco, is involved in drugs. Possibly funding his music with blood money.

Here's betting that people are gonna call Lupe a hypocrite, and a gimmick after this.

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bain
post Jun 5 2007, 08:32 AM
Post #2

Rat
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 9,884

Never followed Lupe, but goddamn. If I was sentenced to 44 years Id grab the nearest gun and kill everyone in my fuckin way honestly. Prison for 44 years is worse than death. And then he comes out in maybe his late fifties for good behavior if thats even an option....? Fuck that. Guns up.

--------------------
BAIN POINTS:

Pickles: +7
D-O: +88
Mekstizzle: +10
QD: -10
Frog Choker: + 13
Analogkid: -25
Psy: -8
Ast: +10
Treefitty: -10
Viceman: -59*
Massacre: +5
Spoiler: -14
Voodoo: +17

*= Fail
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marneyo Juano
post Jun 5 2007, 12:10 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 34,285

44 years in the same old boring cell, with the same boring rude smelly fuckers. Fuck that, grab a gun, kill everyone you hate in this world and who annoys you, and wait for your death. Find out what's in the other world.

--------------------
WhEe[/color][color="#ff0000"]SeIzUrE
Achievements

+Quote Post
Juice
post Jun 6 2007, 09:06 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 2,518

Stiff drug sentences aren't gonna stop the drug problem. Especially in this case, where the people dealing drugs come from low-income broken homes. Not giving a fuck about their life.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Indy
post Jun 6 2007, 10:20 PM
Post #5

Vandal

Member No.: 23,844

Now days, drug related crimes are inevitable, but 44 years for something like that! Anyone ever seen the Shawshank Redemption? It's a great movie about a dude who goes to prison, anyways, it sorta reminds me of that.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
HB~Sauce
post Jun 6 2007, 11:58 PM
Post #6

Vandal

Member No.: 20,125

QUOTE(Bain Is Guerilla @ Jun 5 2007, 02:32 AM) [snapback]1334502[/snapback]
Never followed Lupe, but goddamn. If I was sentenced to 44 years Id grab the nearest gun and kill everyone in my fuckin way honestly. Prison for 44 years is worse than death. And then he comes out in maybe his late fifties for good behavior if thats even an option....? Fuck that. Guns up.

Well said, thats pretty much what I would do. Career over before it began, middle aged, gonna miss out on alot of finer things in life, fuck that.

--------------------
I get bored...
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 03:57 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4