> Official Playstation Magazine Scans
Zacko
post Apr 27 2007, 05:49 PM
Post #1

Vandal
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 54

Looks like some people have recieved Official Playstation Magazine early and luckily for us, it contains exclusive content on GTA 4! Check out the links below for the scans.

http://www.ottae.com/images/iv/1.jpg
http://www.ottae.com/images/iv/2.jpg
http://www.ottae.com/images/iv/3.jpg
http://www.ottae.com/images/iv/4.jpg
http://www.ottae.com/images/iv/5.jpg
http://www.ottae.com/images/iv/6.jpg
http://www.ottae.com/images/iv/7.jpg
http://www.ottae.com/images/iv/8.jpg
http://www.ottae.com/images/iv/9.jpg
http://www.ottae.com/images/iv/10.jpg
http://www.ottae.com/images/iv/11.jpg
http://www.ottae.com/images/iv/12.jpg
http://www.ottae.com/images/iv/13.jpg
http://www.ottae.com/images/iv/14.jpg

Some interesting details:
Virtually no returning characters
Pop up is limited. You can see for miles
Litter is present on the streets
You can change outfits but you can't change your physique
Work started in November 2004
Niko is in his mid thirties so "Don't expect to see him riding pushbikes or flying jetpacks"
The mob is features but not heavily
The police are more heavily featured than ever before
Sixaxis isn't in yet and R* aren't sure if it will be
Definately online, not MMORPG
You decide who to ring
When asked about custom soundtracks using your consoles hard drive, Dan Houser answered "Possibly"
Property buying and empire building is cut down
Nico may be able to do legitimate work too
The city will be full of leisure activities

Thanks to Iron Fusion for creating the topic and Ottae for the original scans.

Discuss this article in our GTA 4 forums!

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pyrocy
post Apr 27 2007, 06:47 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

*waits for people to bitch and gripe about the article not giving out new details*

Least the screens look better in this article. GI's screens were over-contrasted and dark.

--------------------

Add Me on MySpace if you're so inclined...
QUOTE (Heartless on GTA4.TV)
Unlike the mainstream forums, we're gritty, crazy sociopaths. And still approved by Rockstar. Most GTA Sites cater to a younger, softer audience (Zidane?), as opposed to this forum, which caters to bi-polar grandmothers with too many cats (Pyro?).
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Apr 27 2007, 07:52 PM
Post #3

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

QUOTE(PyroHazard @ Apr 27 2007, 06:47 PM) [snapback]1326380[/snapback]
*waits for people to bitch and gripe about the article not giving out new details*

Least the screens look better in this article. GI's screens were over-contrasted and dark.

I thought the GI scans looked better.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Stan Petrov
post Apr 27 2007, 08:06 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 697

Start spreading the news
I'm leaving today
I want to be a part of it, New York, New York
These vagabond shoes
Are longing to stray
And make a brand new start of it
New York, New York
I want to wake up in the city that never sleeps
To find I'm king of the hill, top of the heap
These little town blues
Are melting away
I'll make a brand new start of it
In old New York
If I can make it there
I'll make it anywhere
It's up to you, New York, New York.

I want to wake up in the city that never sleeps
To find I'm king of the hill, top of the heap
These little town blues
Are melting away
I'll make a brand new start of it
In old New York
If I can make it there
I'll make it anywhere
It's up to you, New York, New York.

After my initial scepticism, Im totally hooked now. It didnt take long, keep it up R* cool.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mindfury
post Apr 27 2007, 10:09 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,136

Hmm, no pushbikes. Another thing that'll get everyone bitching

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Stan Petrov
post Apr 27 2007, 10:14 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 697

QUOTE(Pizza Guy @ Apr 27 2007, 11:09 PM) [snapback]1326420[/snapback]

Nothing major imo. As long as they do not omit motorbikes.

THAT would be a mistake.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Apr 27 2007, 10:27 PM
Post #7

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,164

'cause noone said it: New Taxi design.

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements

+Quote Post
BASE-RACE
post Apr 27 2007, 10:52 PM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 377
PSN Name: RAMINACTION

the fact that hes old makes me wonder if theres such things as arthritis for this character lol

--------------------

It's Like You See it comin but your already too late...........
Achievements

+Quote Post
1UP
post Apr 27 2007, 11:01 PM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 738

I thought it had some depth into atleast now they fully answered some things that some of us wondered. I rather like what it had to say, the details said of the street population depths gave some insight which i liked. the few new screens let us see a bit more of how detailed the game will really be, and it looks nice, the poles in one screen do look like you could climb them, like said in our last bit of news but no screens till now. if hes able to climb that then maybe ladders too finally. ^.^

BTW, Heartless the whole taxi thing was old news you know. o.O

--------------------
eVeRytHinG Is As iT ShoULd bE

FaLlS aPArT
Achievements

+Quote Post
I Made Your Mom ...
post Apr 28 2007, 12:25 AM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,614
XBL Gamertag: Strike Viper
PSN Name: Imbrium

Very interesting, a slightly more mature main character. The city's looking better every time I see screens of it.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
NTC187
post Apr 28 2007, 12:33 AM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 28

Those photos look amazing. It looks as though every single building has its own look, not repeated over like in past GTA's. I'm sort of under this impression that the storyline is going to be somewhat of a let down though. All the information released so far has all been about the level of detail, I think the storyline has been neglected a bit maybe.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Apr 28 2007, 03:16 AM
Post #12

Goon
Group Icon

Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

Use your brain; let's be frank--he stated plenty of times in that article that as graphic detail increased, so did the need for incorporating a realistic and entertaining feel of the free-roam and mission features. The storyline will not be shit, because it's new and it's open to more possibilities (unlike most people's close-minded skulls around here.)

Btw, R* put in one of my wishes being that people react to your gun being toted in plain sight.

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
neftones
post Apr 28 2007, 03:27 AM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 35,663

My thoughts on the main points of the article:

- Virtually no returning characters (This is really disappointing. I understand the desire to start fresh, but if there is no sight or sign of Donald Love, Claude Speed, etc - in other words, the characters from GTAIII that should still be around - I'm going to be fairly upset. There better at least be references to characters and events from the previous games.)
- Pop up is limited. You can see for miles (we knew this already, but I can't wait to see it for myself)
- Litter is present on the streets
- You can change outfits but you can't change your physique (fine with me, it was a fun part of SA but not integral to the experience)
- Work started in November 2004 (This is maybe the most surprising bit of info. Hopefully most of this time was spent figuring out the hardware of these consoles, thus cutting down on development time for future titles.)
- Niko is in his mid thirties so "Don't expect to see him riding pushbikes or flying jetpacks"
- The mob is featured but not heavily (Makes sense, given you basically took the mob out in GTAIII)
- The police are more heavily featured than ever before (From the art we've seen, it looks like we'll have police officers for main characters/adversaries again, a la SA. Also, it'll be interesting to see how the police AI evolves - the PS2 era basically saw them just drive crazier and crazier each game. Gotta think they're going to use more strategy in this one, like realistic SWAT teams and road blocks and whatnot)
- Sixaxis isn't in yet and R* aren't sure if it will be (who cares.)
- Definitely online, not MMORPG
- You decide who to call to set up jobs/deals (I wonder how extensive this will be. I can't imagine a complete lack of mission hubs.)
- When asked about custom soundtracks using your consoles hard drive, Dan Houser answered "Possibly" (He goes on to say that they really want to do this, just aren't sure how best to do it yet. I can't wait for this feature, I've never played the PC or X-Box versions that let you do this.)
- Property buying and empire building is cut down (Houser's explanation for this really makes a lot of sense - essentially, why would you take crap jobs if you are a property baron worth millions? Again, a fun feature in previous games but I won't miss it. Plus I'm sure it'll return as a fully fleshed out major feature in a future game)
- Nico may be able to do legitimate work too (Intriguing. Can't imagine what this will entail - running Roman's taxi stand legitimately? Some sort of delivery service?)
- The city will be full of leisure activities (duh.)
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Apr 28 2007, 04:27 AM
Post #14

Snitch

Member No.: 8,969
PSN Name: Kamahl_rg

QUOTE(neftones @ Apr 27 2007, 10:27 PM) [snapback]1326465[/snapback]

Who cares? Every single person who buys the PS3 version, or at least most of them.

I agree with most of the things you said though...

And i'm happy it isn't an MMO

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
neftones
post Apr 28 2007, 07:01 AM
Post #15

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 35,663

QUOTE(Kamahl @ Apr 27 2007, 09:27 PM) [snapback]1326473[/snapback]

Who cares? Every single person who buys the PS3 version, or at least most of them.

Yeah true, I've just been under the impression that SIXAXIS support is a fairly minor issue. It seems like not to many companies are really utilizing it, and when they do it's none too impressive. By saying "who cares" I guess I just meant "no one is going to base their purchase decision on this."
Achievements

+Quote Post
FuddMan
post Apr 28 2007, 08:24 AM
Post #16

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,351

QUOTE(Kamahl @ Apr 28 2007, 05:27 AM) [snapback]1326473[/snapback]

I'm not. I didn't want it to be an RPG but I would have loved to free roam with 10 other people...

--------------------
QUOTE (Psy)
Well, I must be honest, I do occasionally have the odd night off where I stick my fingers in as many pussy's as I can
php stands for psy humping pussy

zomg it's DuffMan's clone.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Apr 28 2007, 02:32 PM
Post #17

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

QUOTE(Pizza Guy @ Apr 27 2007, 10:09 PM) [snapback]1326420[/snapback]

Well, i don't think it said no Push Bikes, i think it said "Don't expect Niko to be riding them" and that could mean you know, no missions involving bikes. However, if there are no bikes then:

You see, what i don't get is they say they are taking out stuff that doesn't fit with the character. Well, i'm sorry, must have missed something, but certainly some people in New York like riding bikes. To see not a single bike in all of New York will be unrealistic. And then on top of that to explain their inability to put bikes in the game, we get some shitty "bikes are banned" excuse. Niggaplz.

QUOTE(Kamahl @ Apr 28 2007, 04:27 AM) [snapback]1326473[/snapback]

I think that sixaxis is overrated... i would have rather had rumble... The whole entire PS3 bit is beginning to feel over rated tbh.
I'm happy that GTA isn't a MMO, but i would love to see Rockstar make a new title that is MMO.

There is nothing inside OMPuk's magazine to change my initial views on the game. Namely, that they've cut back on all the features so that when GTAIV:second city comes out we can all be happy that they included to features that should have been in this one. Pretty graphics ain't gonna cut it. Certainly there are a lot of features talked about that sound exciting, but this isn't the first time they've been promised, and in previous games the promises haven't been delivered. IF they are delivered, then that will be great. But in the mean time, if I can't see something, its not there.

What i don't understand is why Rockstar is putting so much into confirming what won't be in the game and so little into confirming what will be in the game. A lot of people have said that they "wanted to get the bad news out of the way" but why bother? They never have to say anything about bikes/planes/ect until it launches. Then, when it launches, if what people say is true, that the game will kick ass, then the lack of planes/bikes ect will seem like such a small thing that it won't be bad news at all.

It's a lot easier for someone who hasn't played the game to say "Smaller map + No Planes + No Bikes = shit game" than it is for someone whose played the game and seen the new features to say yeah, it has awesome "this that and the other thing" but the fact that it's missing bikes and planes just kills it for me. Therefore it makes no sense from a marketing or public relations stand point to bring up such minor negative issues first IF the game is really going to be innovative and contain the game play features they say it will.

Of course, on the other hand, if they think that it might not be as innovate, then sure you want to get the bad news out of the way. Thats the only thing that would make what they are doing make since. Otherwise, I agree they are such small issues, why play them up so much? Something funny is going on.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
I Made Your Mom ...
post Apr 28 2007, 04:21 PM
Post #18

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,614
XBL Gamertag: Strike Viper
PSN Name: Imbrium

Just noticed, in the top left of this screen you can see an advert for an updated version of the Turismo from San Andreas.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
-IXION-
post Apr 28 2007, 11:46 PM
Post #19

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 409

I am way less excited about this game now that I'm hearing No: bikes (better have motorbikes mad.gif ), planes, country side, one city,... etc... etc. lol
...and I was a pretty big GTA fan ...I loved San Andreas... I hoped that GTA4 would be more like that but with better Graphics, new story, and features of course. .....So far, GTA4 is sounding worse than San Andreas, except for the graphics obviously.

--------------------
user posted image
:) It's Just an Ugly Half Human Half Dog Mutant, no worries :)
Achievements

+Quote Post
lance wilson
post Apr 29 2007, 02:00 AM
Post #20

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 5,821

QUOTE(-IXION- @ Apr 29 2007, 12:46 AM) [snapback]1326619[/snapback]
I am way less excited about this game now that I'm hearing No: bikes (better have motorbikes mad.gif ), planes, country side, one city,... etc... etc. lol
...and I was a pretty big GTA fan ...I loved San Andreas... I hoped that GTA4 would be more like that but with better Graphics, new story, and features of course. .....So far, GTA4 is sounding worse than San Andreas, except for the graphics obviously.

yeah definately feels like that, i still have faith in R* but this doubt everyone has shouldn't be overlooked by "hardcore" fans.
theres always a chance its could be worse than SA but were not meant to know a lot at this point so we'll just have to wait and see.

due to the draw backs we've heard i'm hoping for a lot more interactions than climbing lampposts and ladders.

... maybe jumping to moving helicopters : )

forums suck

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 04:57 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4