> Game Informer GTAIV Details
Pyrocy
post Apr 10 2007, 06:52 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 2

The May issue of Game Informer has hit the mailboxes of subscribers today. Here is some info gathered from the magazine...
  • The main character's name is Niko Bellic. Apparently he is either Croation or Serbian.
  • Multiplayer is confirmed, but it's not like an MMO.
  • You can use a cellphone to actually call contacts. It also has a phonebook, organizer, messages, and even a camera!
  • There are no planes. Rockstar said they would be entirely useless in the game.
  • The story will branch out in multiple ways depending on whom you choose to 'hang out' with.
  • The game's time frame is around 2007.
  • Police are more unforgiving than ever, their advanced AI is improved.
  • The soundtrack is totally revamped focusing more on moods than just popular songs.
  • You can call female friends for a date. (Hot Coffee in high-definition, hell yeah!)
  • No more annoying loading times, even with the interiors of buildings.

Source: GTAForums

--------------------

Add Me on MySpace if you're so inclined...
QUOTE (Heartless on GTA4.TV)
Unlike the mainstream forums, we're gritty, crazy sociopaths. And still approved by Rockstar. Most GTA Sites cater to a younger, softer audience (Zidane?), as opposed to this forum, which caters to bi-polar grandmothers with too many cats (Pyro?).
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sanshiro
post Apr 10 2007, 06:57 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,481

but the GI guys were playing a demo version of the game.

Lucky assholes.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Blaze-uK
post Apr 10 2007, 07:10 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 31,802

Sounds exactly how most people want it, including me!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Apr 10 2007, 07:16 PM
Post #4

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

no planes yet...but im not worried. there shouldnt be any downgrading from SA. alternate storylines sounds kickass.

This post has been edited by Destruction-Overdrive: Apr 10 2007, 07:17 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mekstizzle
post Apr 10 2007, 07:18 PM
Post #5

Nobody Special
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,717

Pyro, aint you got it yet?

I'd have thought you'd be like the first to get one. You or Psy and those guys.
Achievements

+Quote Post
killjoy.rujoy?
post Apr 10 2007, 08:12 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 6,395

Apparently, there are no planes but the GI guys were playing a demo version of the game. (Let's be hopeful.)

QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Apr 10 2007, 07:16 PM) [snapback]1320507[/snapback]
no planes yet...but im not worried. there shouldnt be any downgrading from SA. alternate storylines sounds kickass.

AAAHHHHHH!...I find this very worriesome ohmy.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ManBeast
post Apr 10 2007, 08:52 PM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 30

I hope they do have planes, I loved flying around the countryside in San Andreas and if GTA IV didn't have aircraft it would feel like a step back for me.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Apr 10 2007, 09:05 PM
Post #8

Snitch

Member No.: 8,969
PSN Name: Kamahl_rg

QUOTE(PyroHazard @ Apr 10 2007, 01:52 PM) [snapback]1320495[/snapback]
  • The main character's name is Niko Bellic. Apparently he is either Croation or Serbian.
  • Multiplayer is said to be announced in the future...
  • You can use a cellphone to actually call contacts.
  • Apparently, there are no planes but the GI guys were playing a demo version of the game. (Let's be hopeful.)
  • The story will branch out in multiple ways depending on whom you choose to 'hang out' with.

I don't like this as much as some of you do...

multiple storylines sounds horrible to me.

No planes? Sure it's a demo but it really looks (at least to me) that there won't be any planes.

I do like the multiplayer and calling your contacts, but i don't know, i would have to check them out first.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DeKo
post Apr 10 2007, 09:11 PM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 25

i quite like this, the idea of actually using the cellphone to phone people is pretty spot on and has been desperately needed. The changing storylines also sounds amazing, although it will probably be like a maximum of 3 paths, otherwise it would just be far too much work to be worth it. will give it a ton of replayability though.

The no planes thing is daft, if they do they are just being fucking thick, plenty of games have NY and planes, for fuck sake you can exactly simulate crashing into them in flight simulator. it was clearly a limited demo the GI guys played though, not having motorbikes or planes is just fucking daft.

Also, about the 1 city thing, clearly they were playing a limited demo, so who says that they didnt just block them from leaving liberty city or something.

This post has been edited by DeKo: Apr 10 2007, 09:12 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
ManBeast
post Apr 10 2007, 09:11 PM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 30

I'd understand if they took out some of the larger planes that were in San Andreas, But the Dodo would still be good for flying around the city. There better still be helicopters or its going to take forever to get around the game.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
JustCuz
post Apr 10 2007, 09:22 PM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 29,386

I like the sound of alternating storylines. Should provide lots of gameplay time, and you can go back through the storyline and choose a different path to go on and have it be something new and not the same thing every time you play it through.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Blaze-uK
post Apr 10 2007, 09:37 PM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 31,802

I love the idea of options involved in the storyline, should make IV alot more replayable.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Pyrocy
post Apr 10 2007, 10:00 PM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(DeKo @ Apr 10 2007, 09:11 PM) [snapback]1320626[/snapback]
The no planes thing is daft, if they do they are just being fucking thick, plenty of games have NY and planes, for fuck sake you can exactly simulate crashing into them in flight simulator. it was clearly a limited demo the GI guys played though, not having motorbikes or planes is just fucking daft.

Also, about the 1 city thing, clearly they were playing a limited demo, so who says that they didnt just block them from leaving liberty city or something.

The game is going to have motorbikes but some tard interpreted the interview wrong and spreaded that nasty rumor...

--------------------

Add Me on MySpace if you're so inclined...
QUOTE (Heartless on GTA4.TV)
Unlike the mainstream forums, we're gritty, crazy sociopaths. And still approved by Rockstar. Most GTA Sites cater to a younger, softer audience (Zidane?), as opposed to this forum, which caters to bi-polar grandmothers with too many cats (Pyro?).
Achievements

+Quote Post
DeKo
post Apr 10 2007, 10:16 PM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(PyroHazard @ Apr 10 2007, 11:00 PM) [snapback]1320679[/snapback]
QUOTE(DeKo @ Apr 10 2007, 09:11 PM) [snapback]1320626[/snapback]

The game is going to have motorbikes but some tard interpreted the interview wrong and spreaded that nasty rumor...

ah right, fair enough. good smile.gif

This post has been edited by DeKo: Apr 10 2007, 10:16 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Roman
post Apr 10 2007, 10:20 PM
Post #15

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 7,026

It better be a rumor. I almost shit myself the first time I saw the Hyrda's coming after me in San Andreas. It was so fucking cool. I hope it's in GTA IV.
Achievements

+Quote Post
I Made Your Mom ...
post Apr 10 2007, 11:27 PM
Post #16

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,614
XBL Gamertag: Strike Viper
PSN Name: Imbrium

Judging from the scans, I think there's some kind of 'back to the wall' control in the game. I really don't give a shit if it's only Liberty anymore, or if we're grounded, the graphics, the level of detail and interactivity look AMAZING.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
NTC187
post Apr 11 2007, 12:44 AM
Post #17

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 28

QUOTE('Pilot Lazz @ Apr 10 2007, 11:27 PM) [snapback]1320746[/snapback]
Judging from the scans, I think there's some kind of 'back to the wall' control in the game. I really don't give a shit if it's only Liberty anymore, or if we're grounded, the graphics, the level of detail and interactivity look AMAZING.

Same here, I dont think I can be dissapointed with anything about this game. It just all looks so awesome.
Achievements

+Quote Post
1UP
post Apr 11 2007, 12:59 AM
Post #18

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 738

Im liking what it says about the peds and city changing from night to day ect. Seems that unlike past GTA titles games environment has been organized greatly from the sound of it. The whole mention of a city itself so much worries me, if its only the city, then that alone would mean some of the old things wont be apart of the game, im wondering if they really are doing it somewhat like GTA3, things they mention is the attention to detail and environment as well as the story nothing more really.

--------------------
eVeRytHinG Is As iT ShoULd bE

FaLlS aPArT
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Apr 11 2007, 01:58 AM
Post #19

Goon
Group Icon

Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

More Info, thanx to demologik's "scans":

The targetting system is hard-worked on and Houser feels they have found a sweat spot on it.

The game is in 2007!

It also says Niko can't just show up here and there and become a king--the police are too hard-ass on anyone. Implies that cop AI and interaction is higher than in GTASA

The soundtrack is totally revamped focusing more on moods than just popular songs. Planes are entirely out of the picture--Rockstar said so themselves in quote.

You can call random females for a date. After an initial loading time--YOU WILL NEVER HAVE TO LOAD AGAIN! This goes for exterior to interior to exterior to--oh, I've gone cross-eyed!

Episodic content is only for Xbox 360. The game is still single-player focused--BUT THERE IS MULTIPLAYER! It won't be MMO, but it will fit in a lot better than what we saw in GTASA.

All cars have new phyisics unique to themselves. The camera angles are more closer to in-seat mode and show off the beauty and detail--it also makes the road look more vertical so you notice buildings and shit easier--less 3rd person kkind of stuff.

On your cellphone are these options: Phonebook, Messages, Organizer, and Camera!

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
coreyko_2003
post Apr 11 2007, 02:32 AM
Post #20

iHate

Member No.: 368

QUOTE(punxtr17 @ Apr 10 2007, 08:58 PM) [snapback]1320834[/snapback]
More Info, thanx to demologik's "scans":

The targetting system is hard-worked on and Houser feels they have found a sweat spot on it.

The game is in 2007!

It also says Niko can't just show up here and there and become a king--the police are too hard-ass on anyone. Implies that cop AI and interaction is higher than in GTASA

The soundtrack is totally revamped focusing more on moods than just popular songs. Planes are entirely out of the picture--Rockstar said so themselves in quote.

You can call random females for a date. After an initial loading time--YOU WILL NEVER HAVE TO LOAD AGAIN! This goes for exterior to interior to exterior to--oh, I've gone cross-eyed!

Episodic content is only for Xbox 360. The game is still single-player focused--BUT THERE IS MULTIPLAYER! It won't be MMO, but it will fit in a lot better than what we saw in GTASA.

All cars have new phyisics unique to themselves. The camera angles are more closer to in-seat mode and show off the beauty and detail--it also makes the road look more vertical so you notice buildings and shit easier--less 3rd person kkind of stuff.

On your cellphone are these options: Phonebook, Messages, Organizer, and Camera!

Holy shit. Those are some awesome fuckin new details. Especially in regards to the phone, and NO LOADING TIMES after an initial load time. Nice.

--------------------
You, Corey, live in the Matrix.
Its funny.........but its sad, cuz its true...
Achievements

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 10:51 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4